There are 160 users in the forums

Now with the staff shaping up, who are those guys we must retain on the roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FLYPxSYDE:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'd kinda like to keep Westbrook around for another year or two as a back-up/mentor to help Gore and Dixon abosrb the WCO . . which he knows well.

absolutely agree with keeping westbrook!

I too agree, Westbrook needs to be kept for WCO experience.

Plus he's still got enough juice for at least a dozen or so touches per game IMO.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Alex Smith

This
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by 4thewin:
giving up on Mays that quickly AB?

forgot him, but still not 100% sold on him, didnt like him coming out of USC and didnt agree with the pick.

Let's hope Donatell can coach him up into atleast the mold of Steve Atwater.

At least? Ill take a Steave Atwater type player any day.
I'd kinda like to keep Westbrook around for another year or two as a back-up/mentor to help Gore and Dixon abosrb the WCO . . which he knows well.

Plus he's still got enough juice for at least a dozen or so touches per game IMO.

He doesn't see himself as a backup. He'll go to a team that will make a bigger roll for him than the niners did. He came because he liked Singletary.
[ Edited by Need4Speed on Jan 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Keep Manny Lawson and cut Harralson (or let him walk, whatever his contract situation looks like).

Franchise Aubrayo Franklin (if available) or draft replacement in first two rounds.

Sign Troy Smith as a cost-efficient stop-gap.

Sign Travis LaBoy, because he's the only guy who can consistently get to the QB from the OLB position.

Troy Smith could be a cost efficient clip board holder but we already have one in Carr. All QB's named Smith must go.

That's right.

I know that it's real "in" to bag on Carr, but of the three we had last year, Carr was the best. Just was never given the opportunity to show it. Not saying he's the answer, just better than the other two . . . not at all hard to do.

Alex Smith for all the excuses thrown up for him, NEVER posted numbers equal to Carr's in his best year. Numbers never tell the whole story, but Carr has better QB instincts. That's why of the three, Carr will be the only one on the roster this year (hopefully third string). The other two are hopeless.

The second biggest laugh I got this morning was reading where someone wrote that Manny Lawson was a "great player" with "freaky athleticism"
Frankly he's neither. Especially not the first!
What's so difficult about understanding what Baalke said? He just does not fit the bill as an OLB, especially in the 3-4.
Goodbye Manny. Best of luck being the back-up on your next team.

This is the most retarded post I have seen in a long while, thanks for the laugh. Carr was the worst QB on the team last year, and I am even including Nate Davis, man you are completely clueless.

You got that right thats why he is our cost-efficient clip board holder. We say Carr's quarter of play in Carolina and it reeked.
Alex Smith

Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith

Alex Smith will be unstoppable with Jim Harbaugh.
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith

Alex Smith will be unstoppable with Jim Harbaugh.

Anybody but the Smiths.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Anybody but the Smiths.

Justin?

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Anybody but the Smiths.

Justin?
ANYONE BUT TROY SMITH PLEAASE
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
ANYONE BUT TROY SMITH PLEAASE

Even Jamarcus?

Be careful with your wording...
I live in memphis tn so i have to get sunday ticket and i watched every niner game this year i studied manny lawson all year. we need to keep him. a lot of games he was after the qb so much just couldnt get him because he had no help on the other side so the qb would just roll that way and throw it away he is a beast to be a olb.
Originally posted by Need4Speed:

He doesn't see himself as a backup. He'll go to a team that will make a bigger roll for him than the niners did. He came because he liked Singletary.

I'm guessing most NFL Pro Personnel people see him as a back-up. Hopefully the new regime can convince him to stick around. It sounds like Baalke will try . . .

Quote:
Westbrook met with Trent Baalke on Monday and Baalke probably sold him on coming back to the team. Baalke is a firm believer in having more than one running back. Whether Westbrook returns could be an indicator of Baalke's persuasive ability and whether an intelligent former Pro Bowl veteran believes in the 49ers' chances to win. Baalke might want Westbrook back all the more after watching him get he slammed on his head by Arizona's Adrian Wilson and then come back in to play, proving Westbrook's concussion issues appear resolved

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80201
Share 49ersWebzone