There are 204 users in the forums

Are the Niners Cleaning House or what ?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tondiman:
I think we should've kept sing for just one more year. Give crabtree one more year to polish and sing coulda done somthing..

Are you crazy?!!?!? you don't know anything about football..
I think we should've kept sing for just one more year. Give crabtree one more year to polish and sing coulda done somthing..

really?!? please, explain why?

cause you're an idiot, and sing can't coach.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

This.

[ Edited by smithgdwg on Jan 15, 2011 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Serious.......maybe. Completely clueless........most likely.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Or completely McClueless
I would think that many players want to stay with the team. There has not been this much hope since Mooch was here. Get rid of anyone who does not fit what they are doing. Also think this may be a time to attract FAs. These coaches coming in have NFL credentials and know many of the FAs so hope we enjoy this ride!

Some good coaches are leaving but they are not part of the new in-crowd, so best of luck. I was not impressed by Manusky's parting comments as they seemed self serving.
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Or completely McClueless

I liked Sing just think his bases for establishing a good team are fundamentally different than 49er fans. We don't like playing offense scared. We don't like running into walls. But the truth is lots of teams have won superbowls that way. I think Sing could of done a good job but it would have taken a better qb and a couple years watching terrible football.

It's hard to know who to side with, you both make so much sense! If you could sit down together and work out your differences I'm sure you can reach a consensus.

wtf is going on here schizophrenia ftl
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Seems like Tomasula, Rathman and few other may be safe, but like I've said before, when a team vastly underperforms, nobody is irreplaceable. It's easy to find s**tty coaches to ruin your season! I'm glad to see the shake up! This team should have won at least 10 games last season, maybe more, the schedule was easy, the team is talented. The coaches failed, no like all failures they should be fired!

If we had a good coach that could call plays, we most likely win 5 more games, finish 11-5, win the West, and would still possibly be playing right now.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

Saints - Better play calling and field production may have produced a win.

5 Turnovers vs a Superbowl Champion doesn't help. Plus the way the wind was HOWLING that night, if you weren't going with the wind at your back, it was really tough to throw. Both QB's made some pretty good throws into the wind though but I think for the most part, it was more "field production" than playcalling that lost us that game.

Falcons - Coaching and play calling well enough to win, Clements poor ball handling lost that game, not the coaches

Coaching was good enough, play calling was garbage after the first drive. We scored ONE offensive TD and that was on the 1st drive of the game so the rest of the game SUCKED. Clements fumble did hurt a lot but that play wouldn't have guaranteed a victory (ATL still had 3 timeouts left) and it didn't cost us the game (they took over at their own 7 yard line and moved the ball AT WILL against our soft defense)

Eagles - Better coaching and play calling may have won that game.

Field production, or lack there of, cost this game. 2 Fumbles by Gore, 1 Fumble returned for a TD by Smith and 2 INT's? Field production cost us this game, NOT play calling

Panthers - Poor coaching, poor play calling, poor participation by the players.

I agree

Rams - I think this is Singletarys loss - should have played A. Smith and this game would have been won.

Nothing is guaranteed with Alex Smith playing but hindsight being 20/20, it is easy to say they would have won because of how poor Troy looked. I agree that Alex would have been the best bet AND THEN go to Troy if it doesn't work but it didn't work out that way unfortunately.

So poor coaching, poor play calling, poor coach decision led to four out of five losses.

comments in bold

I get what you're trying to say, but as close as those games were they still could have all been won with better playcalling/coaching. Poor field production could be directly related to the predictability of the offensive playcalling. That was a cause for the turnovers, and constantly going 3 and out led to the defense getting tired and giving up points. I'm telling you.........take Raye/Johnson/Singletary out of the game and replace them with a capable offensive coordinator and head coach, and we win those games without a doubt.
I'm not sure why this is surprising. New coaches want their own staff. They bring in their own coordinators. Sure, they might look at the current personnel and retain some of the position coaches, but coaches want their own coordinators. Why inherit coordinators that worked under the coach that just got canned?
Not that it may matter much anymore, is it true Nate Davis signed with the Seachickens?
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Not that it may matter much anymore, is it true Nate Davis signed with the Seachickens?

Yes.
Share 49ersWebzone