There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Niners Cleaning House or what ?!

Ever since Trent and Jim got through the door, assistants coordinators and water boys have been sent packing. The Niners mean business from here on out and I'm honestly shocked and happy they are pin pointing the weak links that plagued our success for years.( Johnson,clements,manusky,singletary and who's next?)
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Ever since Trent and Jim got through the door, assistants coordinators and water boys have been sent packing. The Niners mean business from here on out and I'm honestly shocked and happy they are pin pointing the weak links that plagued our success for years.( Johnson,clements,manusky,singletary and who's next?)

Clements left?

Yeah of course the new HC is getting rid of all the coaches. They all suck
  • sfout
  • Veteran
All of our staff except Tomsula and like 2 others are being replaced and Clements hasn't "left" -- people from inside the organization have admitted he will be cut or traded if he doesn't take a pay cut....
Originally posted by sfout:
All of our staff except Tomsula and like 2 others are being replaced and Clements hasn't "left" -- people from inside the organization have admitted he will be cut or traded if he doesn't take a pay cut....

Looking at his contact prior to last season, we knew Clements was going to have to take a pay cut this year.

I know one of those name's (Clements) are not as good as we wanted him to be but ridding him before we find a replacement is just stupid. Dont get me wrong, the guy gets paid way to much for what he doesnt do, but one thing he does very well it tackle, commit and strip and if there is any way we could get him up top at SS and let him go to work, we just might have ourselves a top 5 SS in the game.
Seems like Tomasula, Rathman and few other may be safe, but like I've said before, when a team vastly underperforms, nobody is irreplaceable. It's easy to find s**tty coaches to ruin your season! I'm glad to see the shake up! This team should have won at least 10 games last season, maybe more, the schedule was easy, the team is talented. The coaches failed, no like all failures they should be fired!
Originally posted by Constantine:

I know one of those name's (Clements) are not as good as we wanted him to be but ridding him before we find a replacement is just stupid. Dont get me wrong, the guy gets paid way to much for what he doesnt do, but one thing he does very well it tackle, commit and strip and if there is any way we could get him up top at SS and let him go to work, we just might have ourselves a top 5 SS in the game.

I like the clements ss idea. He is way overpaid and a helluva tackler but he has blew so many plays over the years we have to at least put him down to number two or something. He's just not consistent. I'm not saying he's gone but definitely a target, his miscues were just too damaging to ignore. It seems they are narrowing in on all the concerns that set us back and these moves are much needed.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Seems like Tomasula, Rathman and few other may be safe, but like I've said before, when a team vastly underperforms, nobody is irreplaceable. It's easy to find s**tty coaches to ruin your season! I'm glad to see the shake up! This team should have won at least 10 games last season, maybe more, the schedule was easy, the team is talented. The coaches failed, no like all failures they should be fired!

If we had a good coach that could call plays, we most likely win 5 more games, finish 11-5, win the West, and would still possibly be playing right now.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

If we had a good coach that could call plays, we most likely win 5 more games, finish 11-5, win the West, and would still possibly be playing right now.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

These are my same 5 as well..
We need to clean house, we've been mediocre at best for too long. Pretty sure we keep Solari, Tomsula, and Rathman. But the rest can go, and we most likely will find better coaches to replace them. Like if we land Leavitt, dude built a college program from scrap and has game planned entire defenses let alone just linebackers. The more coaches we have that are experienced enough at the entire picture and not just one position the better.

As an NFL headcoach, you cant always manage your success by your players but by the coaches that bring the players to their potential. Look at Bellicheck! His genius, while helped by Brady, is more defined by finding the right coaches for his staff. His staff has been picked apart season after season and he continually find young masterminds to replace them. They have what maybe five allstars? Brady, Welker, Wilfork, maybe Mayo and a couple lineman, yet they are continually competitive because they find people that fit in the system and have coaches that get those guys offensively/defensively sound.

That's how you succeed in today's NFL, of course you need a QB, but looking at the successful teams year in and year out, they replenish their coaching staffs with new up&comers every year. This allows them to take players like Chung, and McCourtey who may not have been highly touted out of college (well McCourtey was already pretty good) but I mean the consensus on Chung was that he was overdrafted, but is now a main playmaker for that defense and special teams.

As for Clements, the writing was on the wall last year. We all knew he would have to take a pay cut this year or get cut barring a ridiculous season. My guess is that he gets cut, will be picked up by a tampa two defense and will be much better there than he has been the past couple years here. Our defense never suited his strengths.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

Saints - Better play calling and field production may have produced a win.

Falcons - Coaching and play calling well enough to win, Clements poor ball handling lost that game, not the coaches

Eagles - Better coaching and play calling may have won that game.

Panthers - Poor coaching, poor play calling, poor participation by the players.

Rams - I think this is Singletarys loss - should have played A. Smith and this game would have been won.

So poor coaching, poor play calling, poor coach decision led to four out of five losses.
Originally posted by 5280High:
We need to clean house, we've been mediocre at best for too long. Pretty sure we keep Solari, Tomsula, and Rathman. But the rest can go, and we most likely will find better coaches to replace them. Like if we land Leavitt, dude built a college program from scrap and has game planned entire defenses let alone just linebackers. The more coaches we have that are experienced enough at the entire picture and not just one position the better.

As an NFL headcoach, you cant always manage your success by your players but by the coaches that bring the players to their potential. Look at Bellicheck! His genius, while helped by Brady, is more defined by finding the right coaches for his staff. His staff has been picked apart season after season and he continually find young masterminds to replace them. They have what maybe five allstars? Brady, Welker, Wilfork, maybe Mayo and a couple lineman, yet they are continually competitive because they find people that fit in the system and have coaches that get those guys offensively/defensively sound.

That's how you succeed in today's NFL, of course you need a QB, but looking at the successful teams year in and year out, they replenish their coaching staffs with new up&comers every year. This allows them to take players like Chung, and McCourtey who may not have been highly touted out of college (well McCourtey was already pretty good) but I mean the consensus on Chung was that he was overdrafted, but is now a main playmaker for that defense and special teams.

As for Clements, the writing was on the wall last year. We all knew he would have to take a pay cut this year or get cut barring a ridiculous season. My guess is that he gets cut, will be picked up by a tampa two defense and will be much better there than he has been the past couple years here. Our defense never suited his strengths.

I agree with you. & As of Clements, I'm really hoping that they move him to safety. Or they use him as a nickleback and let him cover all the slot receivers & fast TE's like how Green Bay uses Woodson. I also would like Namdi, but I know 31 other teams would love him too. I predict that Niners would give him a good deal, not the best, & leave it out there for him to decide if he wants to stay in the Bay Area or not. Like how they did with Harbough. I also hope they draft a CB this year at 7. Cos, I agree with everyone with our pass rush, but I would also think our pass rush would look a whole lot better if we had a secondary who would make it hard for opposing quarterbacks.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

Falcons - Coaching and play calling well enough to win, Clements poor ball handling lost that game, not the coaches

Rams - I think this is Singletarys loss - should have played A. Smith and this game would have been won.

So poor coaching, poor play calling, poor coach decision led to four out of five losses.

i hate losing close game like that knowing they couldve been won with a legit coach and playing smart by some of the players
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

Our team is good... Our coaches and QB play was a major disappointment this year

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

I agree, but I also believe losing those games have helped us in the long term. We would never reach SB status with the old coaching staff. With the new one, at least the niners are returning to their classic identity.