LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Do You Support The Signing Of Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do You Support The Signing Of Harbaugh?

Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by skynet907:
I think Singletary was on the verge of breaking through the HC learning curve and would have taken us to the playoffs if we had just given him one more season to instill the winning spirit in our lazy players.

You.....have....got.....to.....be.....kidding.....me.
Singletary didn't have a learnng curve. He has a learning CIRCLE! a never ending curve!! It would've taken him the rest of his contract to realize that running it up the middle 9 times in a row just......doesn't........work.

I think Sing was actually getting worse.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We are set at HC for the next 15 years.
Voted Yes.

Throughout the year, I was torn between Gruden and Harbaugh. I really liked the idea of getting an experienced, offensive minded head coach to help turn the team around. So, for me, Gruden looked like the choice for a long time.

However, the more I read about Harbaugh's ability to spot QB talent and develop that talent, the more I wanted him as HC. He developed a QB from a non-scholarship school into a fifth round pick, and put another in position to be one of the most NFL ready QB prospects in a decade. Throw in the reported accuracy of his QB grades on Romo, Garrard, and Harrington, and it should add up to a coach who can fix our long standing QB problem.

Quickly, I also like:
-runs a power based WCO Our traditional offense with our current personel.
-makes use of the TE.
-NFL connections.

None of this is a guarantee of success, by any means. But, as there are no guarantees save for death and taxes, I'm very happy with the hire.
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Voted Yes.

Throughout the year, I was torn between Gruden and Harbaugh. I really liked the idea of getting an experienced, offensive minded head coach to help turn the team around. So, for me, Gruden looked like the choice for a long time.

However, the more I read about Harbaugh's ability to spot QB talent and develop that talent, the more I wanted him as HC. He developed a QB from a non-scholarship school into a fifth round pick, and put another in position to be one of the most NFL ready QB prospects in a decade. Throw in the reported accuracy of his QB grades on Romo, Garrard, and Harrington, and it should add up to a coach who can fix our long standing QB problem.

Quickly, I also like:
-runs a power based WCO Our traditional offense with our current personel.
-makes use of the TE.
-NFL connections.

None of this is a guarantee of success, by any means. But, as there are no guarantees save for death and taxes, I'm very happy with the hire.

we have the pieces in lace to run it, Iupati and Davis will have a season under the belt and should be ready to go, but we need a C, Baas had too many bad snaps and is better suited for RG

And as far as the TE being used, we have Davis and Walker and should be ready to roll
Share 49ersWebzone