LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Better start looking for a FB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I think we're gonna use Bynam a helluva lot. Harbaugh type of player

This is what I am thinking since JH likes TE, he is big and bruising, being a tightend he can also catch in space and be a bruiser. Think of the matchup confusion. Are they running? Then he moves up tp the line looks like a two tight end set up. Then VD goes wide. Gonefunit says the D, still don't know if it is pass or run.
Originally posted by franklinfan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
How could the correct answer to this question be anyone but Delanie Walker?!?! LBs cant cover him, he can block, he's got very soft hands, he's retardedly fast. JH can move him all over the field. Start out in a 2 TE 2WR with Walker and Gore in the backfield, just motioning Walker anywhere would be quite a challenge for any defense to shift and cover. JH could give so many looks out of the same starting formation... its called Offensive Deception... I know we haven't seen nor heard of this on a Niners team in a long time, but a little trickeration could only help our 2011 QB, who will most likely be Alex Smith :/

he can block but there is no way in hell he has the size to be a lead blocker.

D.W would need another 20 lbs to be effective as a FB -- N.B needs to lose 10-15 lbs to be an effective FB..

Why would NB have to lose weight? As long as he doesn't have to run the ball on a sweep.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I think we're gonna use Bynam a helluva lot. Harbaugh type of player

This is what I am thinking since JH likes TE, he is big and bruising, being a tightend he can also catch in space and be a bruiser. Think of the matchup confusion. Are they running? Then he moves up tp the line looks like a two tight end set up. Then VD goes wide. Gonefunit says the D, still don't know if it is pass or run.

Delanie Walker could too.
As a die hard Dawg fan, I'll throw in a little info on Chapas. Doesn't miss many blocks, but doesn't exactly destroy people with contact. Not used as much as a receiver, but still has above average ability in that department. Good special teams guy, and voted a permanent captain on the team for last year. The Patriots web page actually has a little highlight reel of him:
Shaun Chapas highlights

Oh, and for the superstitious folks out there: we did all right the last time we took an SEC player who wore the number 49.
[ Edited by AthensGaNiner on Apr 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM ]
Miller Time!!!

Miller Time!!!

His ability to catch during preseason was impressive, Dare i say he caught more balls in 4 preseasons games then norris has his entire career!! I just want an upgrade, a younger guy that can smack you in the mouth like rathmann did!
Originally posted by mtminer:
It looks like the Browns are going to let Lawrence Vickers walk. Would be a nice fa signing.

Vickers AND a draft pick (marecic, Hynoski, Sherman etc.) we'd have 2 guys that can start AND beef up the ST too.. I like this.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Patrick Wills plays both MLB and FB, makes ProBowl at both.

Willis plays Major League Baseball too?!?!?! jk jk
I already have twitter and myspace. No time for FB.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Jehuu Caulrick?

That's the name I was trying to recall from last season. Big dude who runs well and with power, and if I recall, can catch the ball too. I just don't know if he is the battering ram we need. Back then, I was hoping he'd catch on.

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I already have twitter and myspace. No time for FB.

Originally posted by toppdogg32:
It looks like the Browns are going to let Lawrence Vickers walk. Would be a nice fa signing.

Vickers AND a draft pick (marecic, Hynoski, Sherman etc.) we'd have 2 guys that can start AND beef up the ST too.. I like this.

Watched Vickers allot when I went to CU, good all purpose FB. Allot more athletic than people thought coming out of college.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Watched Vickers allot when I went to CU, good all purpose FB. Allot more athletic than people thought coming out of college.

Word is that Vickers was very bad with Cleveland last year, big reason they don't figure to retain him.
Yale FB Shane Bannon is a sleeper
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Miller Time!!!

His ability to catch during preseason was impressive, Dare i say he caught more balls in 4 preseasons games then norris has his entire career!! I just want an upgrade, a younger guy that can smack you in the mouth like rathmann did!

He was a pretty damn solid run blocker as well. I was pretty disappointed when he didn't make the team. If anyone deserved a shot at FB it was Miller not that ancient dinosaur or a player in Norris. Brit Miller should have been our future at FB.
Share 49ersWebzone