LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yeah, and now I understand that Cohn and Maiocco were being interviewed today and suggested that maybe Baalke and Harbaugh are already at cross-purposes on the QB issue.

o god lol

sounds more like writers trying to come up with a story

LOL I know. Honestly, how would they even know?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Yeah, and now I understand that Cohn and Maiocco were being interviewed today and suggested that maybe Baalke and Harbaugh are already at cross-purposes on the QB issue.

o god lol

So...how bout another Smith thread? Should we Franchise the guy or what?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

No, I'm not into speculating or tin foil hats! Just know that when a contract (CBA) has expired or is expiring, and negotiations are taking place, there are too many variables to be projecting an outcome. The NFL and the players union are not above using the media to shape the issues in their favor, so whatever Roger says has all the weight of a Vince McMahon press conference. When the ink is dry on the new CBA we will know what to believe regarding Franchise Tags, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate that you were. I was just pointing out that I'm not.

My original points were that:

A) It was reported that the Eagles would franchise Vick. It is currently possible to do this. People were telling fakers that it wasn't.

B) If Vick signs the contract tender, it will not matter if there is no franchise tag in the new CBA. People were telling fakers that it doesn't matter if they use the franchise tag.

I was just trying to get the facts straight.

I have a great deal of respect for your posts and am not/was not offended! Thought about using a smiley but am still not completely comfortable with them. That said...

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 31, 2011 at 20:12:19 ]

o god lol

?
Originally posted by jones49:
LOL, why are people arguing over the whole franchising Vick issue?

It doesn't matter. The Eagles are gonna retain Vick no matter what happens.

Exactly. Vick isn't going anywhere and Kolb will probably be traded.

Why does everyone assume that Kolb will be traded? Like I said earlier, the Eagles will be looking for a 1st rd pick in return. IF they cannot get a 1st rd pick, why the hell would they trade him for less? They could simply hold on to him as insurance should Vick get injuried.
And like I said earlier, Kolb has done nothing to justify burning a first round pick on him. NOTHING.
Baalke and Harbaugh would be fools to make that deal when guys like Orton, McNabb, Hasselbeck, etc could be cheaper.

Even still, there is nothing that says Philly is going to trade the dude anyway.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I have a great deal of respect for your posts and am not/was not offended! Thought about using a smiley but am still not completely comfortable with them. That said...

Thanks!

I love you, too!
Caleb Hanie
  • ZRF80
Looks like Goodell has arranged a series of talks this month to get a new agreement in place for next season. John Clayton thinks it will be done by March 4th, or the 11th at the latest.

Which means that Alex's days are numbered here. I think we go after McNabb or Kolb, possibly Palmer if he really forces himself out of Cincy.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by jones49:
LOL, why are people arguing over the whole franchising Vick issue?

It doesn't matter. The Eagles are gonna retain Vick no matter what happens.

Exactly. Vick isn't going anywhere and Kolb will probably be traded.

Why does everyone assume that Kolb will be traded? Like I said earlier, the Eagles will be looking for a 1st rd pick in return. IF they cannot get a 1st rd pick, why the hell would they trade him for less? They could simply hold on to him as insurance should Vick get injuried.
And like I said earlier, Kolb has done nothing to justify burning a first round pick on him. NOTHING.
Baalke and Harbaugh would be fools to make that deal when guys like Orton, McNabb, Hasselbeck, etc could be cheaper.

Even still, there is nothing that says Philly is going to trade the dude anyway.

Agreed! No first round pick on Kolb! Not worth it.

o god lol

?

Just being a smart alec! Sorry.

JOSH JOHNSON
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Looks like Goodell has arranged a series of talks this month to get a new agreement in place for next season. John Clayton thinks it will be done by March 4th, or the 11th at the latest.

Which means that Alex's days are numbered here. I think we go after McNabb or Kolb, possibly Palmer if he really forces himself out of Cincy.

Palmer is serious about not returning to Cinci
I hope its Colt Brennan.....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I heard that Colt Brennan was in a very serious car accident a couple of months ago. Hope that he is doing better.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Doesn't a QB actually have to take a regular season snap to be considered a veteran?

Tell me you're being sarcastic . . .
Share 49ersWebzone