LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

West Coast Offense comin back home. Will Crabtree thrive?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh likes having offensive production. All RBs, WRs, TEs should be happy.

Very intrigued to see who he goes for QB wise, and wouldn't be surprised to see another receiving TE on the roster - in addition to Davis and Walker.

As for Gore - all offensive schemes need RBs - Saints are gonna struggle in play offs with Ivory and Thomas both on IR. And Colts saved their season by actually getting RB production. And Brees and Manning must be in the most pass-happy QB friendly offenses in football. And Gore - if fit - will always get yards receiving too - and should benefit from a coach that won't use him as plans A, B, C and D.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes and so will Vernon. Because an offensive mind like Harbaugh actually knows how to use them. He's not an idiot like Dingleberry.

This especially. If Davis watched that Orange Bowl at all, he has to be absolutely elated right now. He's already arguably our #1 receiver, despite being a TE.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by B650:
Gore, Davis, and Crabtree are salivating right now.

Why would Gore be salivating? Harbaugh runs a QB-friendly type of offense, i.e. less emphasis on the running game. No more of that "if Gore gets such-and-such yardage, the team wins."
uh..

Harbaugh uses power running style offense (usually w/ a fullback in the backfield) a lot. Yeah he runs WCO but he also runs the ball a significant amount, especially early in the game. He basically uses the run to open up the pass.
Gerhart had 1,871 yards with Harbaugh in Gerhart's last year. Harbaugh uses the talent on his team, he doesn't just run whatever HE wants like Mingleberries.

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Jan 7, 2011 at 16:54:13 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by kristianV:
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:

Exactly. I can't believe the WCO is back home!

Imagine all the Old WCO tapes they must have stacked up!!!

We have the largest vault of WCO film than any other NFL team (they say Mike McCarthy only used us to get to it before getting his HC gig with the Pack after a single year under Nolan).

This was one of the biggest things I emphasized about Harbaugh, that vault needs to be opened.

link? If that's true F mike mccarthy. GB stole our stuff!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Crabtree Stats 2011:

120 receptions 1800 yards 21 tds. and 5 rushing tds. 1 passing td.

5 interceptions and 12 sacks.

60 yards net average on his punts

Andy Lee is gonna be p*ssed.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Jason LaConfora mentioned to keep an eye on Kevin Kolb and that he could be looked at as a possible QB for us. Fine by me since I've saying it all along that he is NFL ready and with Harbaugh the sky's the limit!!

Hasn't "Harbaugh watch" taught you anything? Jason LaCanfora doesn't know jack squat.
Originally posted by kristianV:
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:

Exactly. I can't believe the WCO is back home!

Imagine all the Old WCO tapes they must have stacked up!!!

Steve Young has been talking for quite awhile about those tapes being ignored.
Crabs needs to learn how to run routes. The offensive system doesn't matter without a discplined WR.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yes and so will Vernon. Because an offensive mind like Harbaugh actually knows how to use them. He's not an idiot like Dingleberry.

Cosigned. We just need a serviceable QB or a talented young guy to get them the ball.

Harbaugh will coach up a QB. I wouldn't even mind Alex back under his direction. His direction is totally different from NoWin and Dingleberry. Alex could actually improve under this guy. And we may need to buy a year or so.

I was looking at the crop of FA QBs and Alex is the best that isn't for sure staying where he is.
i think gore, davis, crabtree, walker, and hopefully westbrook are gonna have a lot of fun!

Originally posted by taney71:
Crabs needs to learn how to run routes. The offensive system doesn't matter without a discplined WR.

can we get Jerry Rice to come school him in the art of being a disciplined WR?
I really hope Crabtree does thrive in this new offense. I'm really excited that this Bill Walsh offense (the name this offense should have) is finally back in SF. I admire Harbaugh for embracing this offense and I love the fact that he has the upmost respect for Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by taney71:

can we get Jerry Rice to come school him in the art of being a disciplined WR?

or become our WRs Coach since Sullivan left
I doubt he'll thrive. I would be amazed if he turned it around at this point. The guy has alligator arms. I wonder if the passes that hit him square in the hand, deflected off and were picked off were the result of him being scared. He's lazy. It seems these type players wash out and never turn it around. Vernon had some issues, but it wasn't laziness or fear. I get the feeling though Crabtree is the new Alex Smith. All this "potential" but never living up to the hype, while the apologist make endless excuses for them despite another player in the same position playing in the same or worse environment only to succeed.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cosigned. We just need a serviceable QB or a talented young guy to get them the ball.

Harbaugh will coach up a QB. I wouldn't even mind Alex back under his direction.

Sadly, I agree. Harbaugh is the kind of coach that A. Smith needed from the get-go. Like someone else stated though, the fans are going to boo him the first time he throws an incomplete pass if he comes back (which he 100% won't). I fully expect Smith to do well wherever he goes. With the right coaching, I think he could have been a great QB for us, but he had an understandably s**tty relationship with Nolan, and equally so with Singletary.

Chris
Share 49ersWebzone