There are 194 users in the forums

49ers-Harbaugh Press Conference: 3:30PM PST

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Here is what I documented quickly while watching it. I missed a couple questions and info but this is pretty much all of it.

- He is excited about the 49ers, a legendary franchise, he's excited to meet the team.
- He likes the passion this team has.
- He looks forward to contact the players and hire a full staff
- His first move forward is to fully understand the team and the division opponents.

"Why leave stanford now?"
- this is the perfect competitive platform... its the perfect opportunity to win the division. He wishes he could have stayed but right now is the perfect time.

how much of your staff will you bring to SC" - Barrows
-he looks forward to putting together a great staff whether they are on the current staff or in Stanford

"what options did you have these past few days?"-Maiocco
He had several options, but he liked Jed and Trents vision the best. He liked our approach, our integrity our class and how losing is not an option.

"Will you be using the WCO?" - Cohn
Absolutely, its the birthplace of the WCO

"College Coaches struggle entering the NFL, how did you consider this possibility" -Brian Murphy
Trent feels Jim has what it takes... like his competitiveness.

"how did the league change since you've played in the NFL?"
- its changed there is definitely a learning curve... maybe up to 6months to a year but he's excited to get started with continuous effort.

as a first time GM and HC who has the say in FA signings and draft picks -Mindi Bach
Trent says it is his final decision but they will work together to make the picks, Jim agrees

"Bill Walsh followed the same path, what does that mean to you" - Killion
It means a lot, he was a very important person to him. he had a picture of him in his office. But he has a long way to go before he can be put in the same sentence.

"who decided to go back to the WCO?" Branch
-The WCO is a very complex system, he'll evaluate the team to get a feel about how he wants implement it.

"does the CBA dilemma affect your decision to enter the NFL"
-any obstacles you have to overcome, hes not concerned

"are you looking forward to match your brother"
-Jim is excited about it... he looks forward to coaching against John Harbaugh, Belicheck, etc.

"what happened in the last few days, could you process it, were you close to signing with the Dolphins?"-Kawakami
-Jim felt very humbled that many teams were interested. but he is not at liberty to discuss the situation other than to say after analyzing the situations the best decision in his heart was the 49ers

"to implement change what do you need to accomplish this season"
-Trent says it starts now, its starts by bringing a winning culture, making sure this team has class, etc.

"this team might be going to SC, do you want to comment on it?"
-Jim says, what are you talking about?

"who is your starting QB, what type of characteristics do you look for?" - Maiocco
"there are so many things to look for, i'm excited to look at what we have here and what I need to look forward to", if he needs to he'll look into upgrading it. he looks forward to coaching up what we have here and build up in the draft/FA. He looks for Atheletic ability, intelligence, etc.

"Sing said the QB is not that important, what is your opinion"
-"in my opinion its the most important and the most difficult obviously everybody's job is important."

"How badly do you want to beat PC in Seattle"
-He's just focused on whats going on right now.

"how hard did Stanford try to keep you?"
-he loves Stanford, he met with the president, they were 100 percent behind him. But it really comes to this, he really wants to play on the pro level.

"have you had a chance to talk to Luck since making the decision?"
-yes he has, he wants them to know that he's just down the road, and he looks forward to still being there for them.

"is there one thing you said that sealed the deal?"
trent says its not what he said but how he came across, he was no doubt the guy to lead the franchise.

"who are your other influences in football, and your opinion on Lucks decision" -Brian Murphy
- he told Luck to do whats best for him and he is proud of Lucks decision, He said Luck is a tremendous person. He said his father, his brother and many other people are his biggest influence. he loved their knowledge and respect for football. his respect he has for the game and the 49ers demand that he gives it his best.

"Trent, do you plan to hire somebody to replace your old position" Mindi Bach
-there will be some additions but I'll adress it when the time is right.

"how important is it to develop a QB and how do you feel about Jims ability to do that?" - Barrows
-its very important and he feels comfortable in Jims ability to develop a QB, Jim is a great teacher and he's had the opportunity to see that.

"what advice did John give you?"-Beisner
Do your research and follow your heart.

"you left a lot of money on the table to come here, how much did money affect your decision?"
-he likes a buck as much as the next guy but he likes to win, he likes to coach and he likes this organization, he likes what Trent and Jed had to offer.
did they end it before someone could ask another stupid question
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Ray Ratto just clowned on the music. Good, it wasn't just me.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
all them questions and not one about nthe 3-4 or 4-3 defense!
  • mod
  • Veteran
theres that stupid fox music
Originally posted by krizay:
all them questions and not one about nthe 3-4 or 4-3 defense!

its obviously 3-4 he ran a 3-4 in stanford
Originally posted by teeohh:
did they end it before someone could ask another stupid question

what jerk asked Harbaugh why all of a sudden he was such a hot commodity and if he was nervous or scared?
Originally posted by curtyniner:

Kind of reminds me of Sean Peyton in a sense. Don't know why
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Thank god he doesnt answer questions "I'll tell you this:, Let me say this:, You know its like this:"

Dunno why but that always annoyed me about Sing.

That's just because Sing knew that what he was going to say next was crap, so he had put emphasis on the beginning part to make the crap part coming next sound like it was said with authority.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Harbaugh is so awesome even the earth shakes in awe!

hahah, exactly what I was thinking.

4.4 quake

[ Edited by curtyniner on Jan 7, 2011 at 16:22:50 ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bracus:
anywhere i can watch from the beginning?

????????
Quote:

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Jim Harbaugh's 49ers press conference. http://yfrog.com/h5xoboj
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
earthquake

I felt it too.
anywhere i can watch from the beginning?

????????

it will probably be on 49ers.com sometime soon.

-9fA
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
earthquake

I felt it too.
Quote:

PatrickWillis52 Patrick willis

Did I just feel an earthquake. Wow that made me nervous lol
Share 49ersWebzone