LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

All this talk about HC...who will be our QB??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Whoever Harbaugh wants, I'm fine with. This ain't NoWin or Dingleberry people!
  • mod
  • Veteran
There are only a handful of guys I think can make Alex a competent starting QB. And one of them is Harbaugh... I'm sure he'll look at Alex' tape among other FA QBs and make the best decision. Whether Alex wants to come back is a different story. I dont think Alex has any problems with the team or with MJ, but rather Singletary and the fans.
pssh..forget about Harbaugh. I'm just happy a thread i started has gone this far!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Whoever Harbaugh wants, I'm fine with. This ain't NoWin or Dingleberry people!

Me too! Even if it is... *sigh*...Alex.
Good question. Lot's of speculation. We should be able to draft someone. But I don't know if that someone we want is really there. I think a shutdown corner just got a job in SF with Luck staying in college. We're probably going to have to find a Vet. I wonder what it would take to get Vick away from the eagles? I think Kevin Kolb is serviceable but having watched alot of eagles games there is a reason why vick got the nod and the team is much much better with Vick. Kolb really wasn't that great. He's a decent QB but I think he's overrated though.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
Good question. Lot's of speculation. We should be able to draft someone. But I don't know if that someone we want is really there. I think a shutdown corner just got a job in SF with Luck staying in college. We're probably going to have to find a Vet. I wonder what it would take to get Vick away from the eagles? I think Kevin Kolb is serviceable but having watched alot of eagles games there is a reason why vick got the nod and the team is much much better with Vick. Kolb really wasn't that great. He's a decent QB but I think he's overrated though.

I think We are getting Amukamara (or peterson if available). Harbaugh might look into a QB that is falling in the draft late in the first, or second, third round.
We have 1 QB under contract for next year. I'd imagine we will sign 3 or 4 more - one way or another.

I now think we have a HC that can be trusted to get the right QB in place for the future - whether it is someone that can start from day 1 remains to be seen - and when day 1 will be remains to be seen.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
I want either Josh Johnson, Blaine Gabbert, or Pat Devlin.

Having seen Harbaugh play a lot in his Colt days, i would friggin love one of those 3 under his guidance.
Cam Newton
We need to offer the Eagles a 2nd round for Kolb.

Originally posted by bigmur49:
Is Philly gonna keep Kolb as backup for $11 million per year? I think he would be our best bet. What would it take? Is Vick 100% staying in Philly?

THIS!!
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
Originally posted by mikeyrocks:
I have this weird issue with any 9er QB and I was wondering if anyone else thought like me. We have had great QB's here in san fran. But they have also had great QB names. Joe Montana. Steve Young. I don't know where I'm going with this but I want our next QB to have a great QB name. Sorry...weird tangent.

Colt McCoy?

Great QB name. Andrew Luck would have been the perfect name!!! Just think about the headlines in the paper. And from a history standpoint. Why did people in 1849 come to san fran in the first place...to get...c'mon you got it...thats right, to get lucky. Oh the possibilities!!!! ok im done. Just had to get that out of my system.

Just on name alone, I pick Jake Locker. Don't watch enough college ball to really know if he is any good, but I think the name is good!
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by mikeyrocks:
I have this weird issue with any 9er QB and I was wondering if anyone else thought like me. We have had great QB's here in san fran. But they have also had great QB names. Joe Montana. Steve Young. I don't know where I'm going with this but I want our next QB to have a great QB name. Sorry...weird tangent.

Colt McCoy?

Great QB name. Andrew Luck would have been the perfect name!!! Just think about the headlines in the paper. And from a history standpoint. Why did people in 1849 come to san fran in the first place...to get...c'mon you got it...thats right, to get lucky. Oh the possibilities!!!! ok im done. Just had to get that out of my system.

Just on name alone, I pick Jake Locker. Don't watch enough college ball to really know if he is any good, but I think the name is good!

megan? wtf are you doing on this forum?? go back in the kitchen and bring me a beer!
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Kyle orton easily.

Denver wants a 2nd round pick. Too expensive for a guy not markedly better than A. Smith.

I agree that Orton isn't worth a 2nd round pick, but he is alot better than Alex Smith. Smith has thrown 51 TD's and 53 Int's in his career while Orton has thrown 71 TD's and 48 Int's.
1. Kyle Orton
2. Donovan McNabb (Before you pronounce him finished remember he was throwing to Santana Moss, Joey Galloway, and Anthony Armstrong)
3. Kevin Kolb
4. Josh Johnson
5. Pat Devlin
Share 49ersWebzone