There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Josh McDaniels rejects the 49ers?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.. this organization is a complete joke. The Bengals are in a better situation.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Cool, help us out then. What exactly is our front office structure and how does it differ from say the Patriots?

Read the 3 pages of the thread. It's spelled out there.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Josh McDaniels rejects the 49ers?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.. this organization is a complete joke. The Bengals are in a better situation.

It's pretty sad. He has no prospects anywhere. But the 1 and only 1 place he absolutely doesn't want work is here....
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Harbaugh chose the Dolphins because of money.

If that's the case why did McDaniels reject us too?

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

Doesn't matter if they get what they want.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

They go after what they want and get it because nobody rejects their front office.
This is all Jed York's fault.

For:

(1) Hiring a GM that people are leary of. He should have picked Lombardi.

(2) Asking Harbaugh if he would be OK with Baalke. Who's the owner??

(3) Making idiotic statements like: "Money is no object", "The GM will find the coach",
As evidenced by the promoting of Baalke, We have a huge front office cluster f**k for power! We should make Lombardi team president and head of player personnel. This would be brining in a outsider, to stabilize things, AND help Harbaugh with his decision. He and Lombardi are supposed to be pals.
Our FO sucks we know that, but what can we do about it.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

Imagine you buy a canvass that has a picture of Dogs Playing Poker painted on it. You decide to re-paint the canvass. You have this opportunity to hire the best painters in the world to create something truly original and awe inspiring. But you hire the guy that originally painted the canvass and he re-paints Dogs Playing Poker.

That's the problem with the 49ers front office. The Yorks could have justified this season as an opportunity to clean house entirely - new GM, new personnel staff, new coaching staff - to really structure the organization any way they wanted to. And you hire a guy from within with no real experience. You keep guys like Praage Maroth (sp?) on staff. It's the same people that have been a part of driving this team into the ground.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
This is all Jed York's fault.

For:

(1) Hiring a GM that people are leary of. He should have picked Lombardi.

(2) Asking Harbaugh if he would be OK with Baalke. Who's the owner??

(3) Making idiotic statements like: "Money is no object", "The GM will find the coach",

All 3 correct.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As evidenced by the promoting of Baalke, We have a huge front office cluster f**k for power! We should make Lombardi team president and head of player personnel. This would be brining in a outsider, to stabilize things, AND help Harbaugh with his decision. He and Lombardi are supposed to be pals.

That is a brilliant idea. Jed isn't that bright though. He doesn;t even want to spring for the coach and you think he would spring for both.

They go after what they want and get it because nobody rejects their front office.

Well he's now going to talk to Denver

Miami AND Harbaugh are b***hslapping Sparano - HE IS STILL THE HC!

Sometimes getting what you WANT isn't getting what you NEED. A first time head coach being paid MORE than any other coach in the NFL? Sparano can sit back and watch the Pats and Jets b***hslap the Dolphins for the next 3 years until Harbaugh is fired because he didn't live up to his contract...

OOOOOOPS!!!!!!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Yes.
The one thing I've learned during my time on this board is unsubstantiated rumors>fact.

Everytime.

I can't tell you how easy it is to say that "unnamed sources" have said xyz about whatever team and stick it up on the internet. So until I get some cold hard proof, I'm not buying it.

And as much as I was onboard with Harbaugh, I'm not going to call our front office "cheap" for not making him the highest paid coach in the league (or second highest depending on which report you believe). It's just not smart business throwing that much money at coach that's new to the NFL and I don't care what his name is.

Nor am I going to say it's the front office's fault that Josh McDaniels wants to stay a coordinator, because IMO he's nothing to write home about (see: his stint in Denver).

Some of you are just totally overreacting to a bunch of RUMORS like you do all the time. So until I hear something official, I'm done with this topic.

[ Edited by baltien on Jan 6, 2011 at 14:18:21 ]