LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

Nobody in the front office is experienced in the area of football. That's the issue.

Baalke seems to be a pretty good scout. That's about it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Jason La Confora said pretty much the same thing on the NFLN. Its no surprise that this team is seen as the most unstable laughing team of the NFL. Makes me f**king sick to my stomach!
Originally posted by valrod33:
this has been posted at least 10 times already

I don't see a thread specifically about candidates being warned and rejecting our front office.
There are multiple threads right now about these NFL Network stories flaming the Niners and their front office.

They are just being haters because they are a little butthurt about Lombardi not getting the GM job and LaCanfora getting flamed about his lack of knowledge about the Harbaugh situation earlier this week.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Consider the sources. Other sources have high praise for Baalke. So were there people sabotageing the niners cause they didn't higher the other GM candidate who works for the links provided. Remeber Josh is a good friend of the other GM. It is like a clique. I think Baalke is more open to listening to a coach and what he needs than people think. Look at the last draft. Sing wanted linemen and he did what Sing wanted. so saying that the FO is a bad setup is silly as an excuse. Ross is a Rich guy probably buying favors to say things about another company. thats business 101. He got Carl Peterson to hop along as a consultant on this joy ride.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
So we keep a s**tty front office, and refuse to "overpay". This is a joke.

I don't care if it is Harbaugh or not, you have to pay to get the hot candidate. Yorks are proven cheap asses and half this forum are defending it.

It's sad. I think the Yorks have paid workers on here.

There isn't a doubt in my mind. They know they have a miserable reputation. It's ingenious in my opinion, pay off even some part time dudes to defend them on one of the post popular NFL message boards and any time calls them out all they have to do is throw in a couple condescending comments about being conspiracy nutbags.

Totally understand being a fan(atic), but with the York reputation, and you still defend their actions? Doesn't get much more pathetic imho. Total homers.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
please magic johnson buy this team and move it to la, its our only hope lol.
the DOPLPHINS are the team whos getting slammed by the nat'l media for the way they've handled this whole coaching hire.

It would make sense that McDaniels bad mouths our organization and doesn't wanna come here. WE BASICALLY GOT HIM FIRED FROM DENVER!

this all could be a blessing in disguise
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

For 10 years they haven't bothered to hire a legitimate NFL executive with experience. Even Walsh (who knew everything) hired an experienced NFL guy to help (John McVay). We have not had any experienced NFL football minds. Jed York is arrogant, McCloughan was arrogant and I'm afraid that Baalke is as well. I think that Baalke and Marathe are OK, but they need an experienced HOFO!

I don't see a thread specifically about candidates being warned and rejecting our front office.

here is one thread this has been posted in.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=151064

its also been posted in the head coach thread numerous times

I don't care if it is Harbaugh or not, you have to pay to get the hot candidate. Yorks are proven cheap asses and half this forum are defending it.

There isn't a doubt in my mind. They know they have a miserable reputation. It's ingenious in my opinion, pay off even some part time dudes to defend them on one of the post popular NFL message boards and any time calls them out all they have to do is throw in a couple condescending comments about being conspiracy nutbags.

Totally understand being a fan(atic), but with the York reputation, and you still defend their actions? Doesn't get much more pathetic imho. Total homers.

Sounds reasonable, except for the fact the Yorks would be too cheap to pay even minimum wage for someone to defend them part time.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
the DOPLPHINS are the team whos getting slammed by the nat'l media for the way they've handled this whole coaching hire.

It would make sense that McDaniels bad mouths our organization and doesn't wanna come here. WE BASICALLY GOT HIM FIRED FROM DENVER!

this all could be a blessing in disguise

I agree, Josh was not someone I wanted, look at what happened in Denver.

here is one thread this has been posted in.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=151064

its also been posted in the head coach thread numerous times

That thread talks about "a dream staff they could have had." In other words spend the money.

My thread talks about the outright REJECTION of our Front Office structure an candidates being warned. Hardly anything about a dream front office. I don't go into dream front office at all. I'm talking about the REJECTION of our Front Office structure. That's not the same.

~ Jed is a 29 year old inexperienced kid.
~ He has financial restraints from John and Denise despite his bravado "Money is no object..."
~ Paraage is a recent MBA grad with no experience.
~ Baalke was a scout not long ago and has no GM experience. He is from the Scot M. school of FAIL.

This is a terrible front office.

Thanks
I can imagine Jed, going to his dad and asking to spend more money on a coach.

At the same time though, I can understand not wanting to give a rookie NFL HC that much money. All in all, this team has talent. Any legit HC should be able to take this team to the playoffs in this horrible division.

If Harbaugh doesn't want to be here, then f**k him. My money has always been on Billick. That might not be very popular round here, but after this fiasco he might be the best the Niners can do.
Share 49ersWebzone