LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone who isn't painfully aware of how inexperienced, incompetent and unattractive our team management is, is just blind or deluding themselves.

We have a VERY young, inexperienced kid as "Team President" who ONLY has the job because his parents own the team.

Our GM, just got hired in-house, when the "success" of the past year was losing a division where going .500 would have won it, our HC, DC, GM all quit or got fired mid-season. Various players and coaches quit on the team and either just left or demanded to get traded, cut or leave football rather than play for this organization.

And by the way, we have gone through a new OC every year basically since Y2K.

And we have continued to not address our 3 most glaring needs on the team, QB, CB and pass rusher.

Other than that, our front office is amazing. Full of....

Success? Nope.
Experience? Nope.
Forethought and a proven record of recent good decisions? Nope.
Promise of bright new ideas because there is some kind of new, different talent bringing fresh perspectives to the organization? Nope.
Stability because of no turnover? Nope.
A die hard level of trust and loyalty from the players, coaches and others in the organization? Nope.
Oh, I know, league wide respect!..........Uh, NOPE!

Face it. The inmates are running the asylum and everyone knows it.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Harbaugh chose the Dolphins because of money.

If that's the case why did McDaniels reject us too?

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

Doesn't matter if they get what they want.

They go after what they want and get it because nobody rejects their front office.

Oh Miami gets it because nobody rejects their front office. I thought maybe, just maybe the fact that they are backing up a truckload of money to Harbaugh's house might have come in to play.

And didn't Cowher just reject Miami, you know because he rejected their front office?

And where does it say that McDaniels has/had only 1 prospect?

This is a f**king political thread disguised as a football discussion. Just like in politics if Fox news is saying everything you already believe then you will agree with it and take it as gospel. If you vote the other way, then MSNBC is the only one telling it like it is. What a joke.

Explain to me why Harbaugh was "warned by those close to him" about our front office structure? And why McDaniels is apprehensive about our Front Office?

Our front office kind of got him fired

Miami's FO interviewing people when they already have a staff screams dangerous

Miami can get whatever staff they want. If they can do better they can do that.

It's the way they are doing it, not their ability to do so. 8 mill a year, coaching in that division, how long until they look for a new staff and leave him in limbo?

Why does he care? $8 Million / Year + Signing Bonus + X # of years GUARANTEED. He's walking away from this one richer than any of us sink or swim.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 6, 2011 at 14:26:11 ]
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Anyone who isn't painfully aware of how inexperienced, incompetent and unattractive our team management is, is just blind or deluding themselves.

We have a VERY young, inexperienced kid as "Team President" who ONLY has the job because his parents own the team.

Our GM, just got hired in-house, when the "success" of the past year was losing a division where going .500 would have won it, our HC, DC, GM all quit or got fired mid-season. Various players and coaches quit on the team and either just left or demanded to get traded, cut or leave football rather than play for this organization.

And by the way, we have gone through a new OC every year basically since Y2K.

And we have continued to not address our 3 most glaring needs on the team, QB, CB and pass rusher.

Other than that, our front office is amazing. Full of....

Success? Nope.
Experience? Nope.
Forethought and a proven record of recent good decisions? Nope.
Promise of bright new ideas because there is some kind of new, different talent bringing fresh perspectives to the organization? Nope.
Stability because of no turnover? Nope.
A die hard level of trust and loyalty from the players, coaches and others in the organization? Nope.
Oh, I know, league wide respect!..........Uh, NOPE!

Face it. The inmates are running the asylum and everyone knows it.

^^^^

This. Great post...
I think the Yorks get pleasure in torturing us....that's their thing
Lets make our stupid son a head of the whole thing and sit back and laugh our heads off.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
So we keep a s**tty front office, and refuse to "overpay". This is a joke.

I don't care if it is Harbaugh or not, you have to pay to get the hot candidate. Yorks are proven cheap asses and half this forum are defending it.

It's sad. I think the Yorks have paid workers on here.

its one thing to overpay for a proven player and its a nother thing to pverpay for an unproven person
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As evidenced by the promoting of Baalke, We have a huge front office cluster f**k for power! We should make Lombardi team president and head of player personnel. This would be brining in a outsider, to stabilize things, AND help Harbaugh with his decision. He and Lombardi are supposed to be pals.

That is a brilliant idea. Jed isn't that bright though. He doesn;t even want to spring for the coach and you think he would spring for both.

I know Jed feels like a big spender because he brought back bottled water to the team training facilities!

Remember Denise had the players drinking from little paper cups, because a water cooler was cheaper than battled water!
Maybe we should forfeit the 2011 season or fold the franchise.
As evidenced by the promoting of Baalke, We have a huge front office cluster f**k for power! We should make Lombardi team president and head of player personnel. This would be brining in a outsider, to stabilize things, AND help Harbaugh with his decision. He and Lombardi are supposed to be pals.

That is a brilliant idea. Jed isn't that bright though. He doesn;t even want to spring for the coach and you think he would spring for both.

I know Jed feels like a big spender because he brought back bottled water to the team training facilities!

Remember Denise had the players drinking from little paper cups, because a water cooler was cheaper than battled water!

Oh yea, ever notice we always have a ton of cap room every off season! That is a nice way of sating we are to cheap to fill our roster with top NFL talent!

I don't care if it is Harbaugh or not, you have to pay to get the hot candidate. Yorks are proven cheap asses and half this forum are defending it.

Now, Why is that SD, because some people don't as you do?
Anyone who is concerned with McDaniels comments is as much an A*****E as he is. He does not deserve any consideration ....BTW Harbaugh is not worth more than. 3 time SB winning coach.

Oh yea, ever notice we always have a ton of cap room every off season! That is a nice way of sating we are to cheap to fill our roster with top NFL talent!

Yup.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

its one thing to overpay for a proven player and its a nother thing to pverpay for an unproven person

It's true, Harbaugh isn't "worth" that much. Just like many draft picks or FA aren't "worth" what they get.

But the market determines "worth", and if you want a certain player/coach, you have to be willing to pay the market price.

At the end of the day it's meaningless. Billionaires paying multi-millionaires, aren't affected by whether or not their cash cow which generates hundreds of millions in profits, makes a mil or two less a year. So, if you have to "overpay", than you overpay.

And don't forget, THEY put themselves in this position. By firing Sing early, and promoting Baalke, THEY (the front office) went "Harbaugh or bust". And it seems like they failed.

Frankly I don't even want a Baalke/Harbaugh combo. We need experience SOMEWHERE. So with Harbaugh, I would want an experienced GM. With Baalke, I want an experienced coach.

But THEY set up this scenario. Whatever their plan was, it looks like it's failing miserably. That is just one more piece of evidence that in the front office department, we continue to bring a knife to a gun fight.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

It's true, Harbaugh isn't "worth" that much. Just like many draft picks or FA aren't "worth" what they get.

But the market determines "worth", and if you want a certain player/coach, you have to be willing to pay the market price.

At the end of the day it's meaningless. Billionaires paying multi-millionaires, aren't affected by whether or not their cash cow which generates hundreds of millions in profits, makes a mil or two less a year. So, if you have to "overpay", than you overpay.

And don't forget, THEY put themselves in this position. By firing Sing early, and promoting Baalke, THEY (the front office) went "Harbaugh or bust". And it seems like they failed.

Frankly I don't even want a Baalke/Harbaugh combo. We need experience SOMEWHERE. So with Harbaugh, I would want an experienced GM. With Baalke, I want an experienced coach.

But THEY set up this scenario. Whatever their plan was, it looks like it's failing miserably. That is just one more piece of evidence that in the front office department, we continue to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Not everyone agrees with you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnHSmWn3b0C4sk.Ulqj.0zNDubYF?slug=ms-baalkeninersgm010611

Quote:

Yet I believe York’s faith in Baalke, who has modeled much of his approach after Bill Parcells (the Jets’ coach when Baalke got hired in ’98), is the product of some sound sensibilities by the young owner. For one thing, Baalke is regarded by many respected people in the business as a highly gifted assessor of players’ abilities – and one with the guts to stand up for his opinions and go against the grain.

“Trent Baalke is a football guy through and through, with a very good understanding of the game and a very sound evaluation process,” said Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff. “And he’s driven – he has a tireless work ethic. He’ll do everything in his power to help restore that organization to prominence.”

Dimitroff was once one of these behind-the-scenes standouts, a former area scout who’d at first been marginalized because of his counter-culture appearance and vegetarian diet but had risen through the Patriots’ front-office ranks because he turned out to be damn good at what he did. When Falcons owner Arthur Blank offered him the GM job following the franchise’s Bobby Petrino fiasco of 2007 and an unsuccessful effort to land Parcells to run its front office – and did so after interviewing Dimitroff via videoconference – it was a decidedly unsexy hire that provoked mockery from outsiders.

• Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by animal:
I think the Yorks get pleasure in torturing us....that's their thing
Lets make our stupid son a head of the whole thing and sit back and laugh our heads off.

I used to work for an organization very similiar to the 49ers. The CEO hired his son as President... awful move, and then despite being completely over his head and mishandling almost every important situation he was NEVER questioned within the organization.

I wasted 7 years with that company waiting for things to change and/or get better. They never did and still haven't. In the grand scheme the company makes some money but are a laughing stock in the industry and are more concerned with upper level management making money than the overall success of the company...

too bad I can't just leave the 9ers like I did them...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't want that punk, McDaniels.
Share 49ersWebzone