There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Originally posted by WINiner:
The team will not be able to bring in any experienced head coach after this effin debacle. It REALLY makes the team look bad and even POS coaches who were laughed out of town with a joke of a resume will not touch this team in fear that it will stain their resume even more.

It says VOLUMES to me that Harbaugh would rather take the $ in a MUCH tougher division, assisting in screwing over another coach who was still currently employed and on hold after supposedly being told he would be retained, in the same conference as his brother (which he stated he wanted to avoid) to a pick strapped team rather than coaching for the Niners.

Jed York is a f**king joke, and I will never have faith in this team with him as owner until proven otherwise.

Enjoy plummeting ticket sales and the dwindling hope of building the new stadium Prince York you f**king cheap son of a b***h.
Originally posted by vaden:
Quote:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/01/06/cross-harbaugh-mcdaniels-off-49ers-coaching-list/
49ers president Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke met with Harbaugh for more than six hours on Wednesday. But an NFL source says the 49ers were prepared to pay up to $5 million per season.

Laughable. Pete Carroll got $6.5M, and Harbaugh is even more sought after. You can argue that Harbaugh isn't worth that much, but that's the market price the Seahawks set for a star college coach. So for anyone who was serious about Harbaugh, $6.5M should've been the starting offer. $4.5-5M was an insult from Mr. "Money Is No Object"

At the next press conference, one of the Matt's, Kawakami, Dan White, WHOEVER, better ask Jed about the MONEY IS NOT AN OBJECT bullcrap that he tried saying after the Rams loss.

Come on reporters! Ask the hard questions!!!!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Quote:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/01/06/cross-harbaugh-mcdaniels-off-49ers-coaching-list/
49ers president Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke met with Harbaugh for more than six hours on Wednesday. But an NFL source says the 49ers were prepared to pay up to $5 million per season.

Laughable. Pete Carroll got $6.5M, and Harbaugh is even more sought after. You can argue that Harbaugh isn't worth that much, but that's the market price the Seahawks set for a star college coach. So for anyone who was serious about Harbaugh, $6.5M should've been the starting offer. $4.5-5M was an insult from Mr. "Money Is No Object"

At the next press conference, one of the Matt's, Kawakami, Dan White, WHOEVER, better ask Jed about the MONEY IS NOT AN OBJECT bullcrap that he tried saying after the Rams loss.

Lowell Cohn will ask him. And why the EXHAUSTIVE GM search ended down the hall with an inexperienced candidate?

Not like harbaugh was the clear best choice but he was most probably a very good choice for the niners and who cares if he costs too much money for an unproven coach....there are many coaches that are proven getting paid too much as well that are not doing well either so at least get your man. Not yor second thord or fourth choice. I would only be ok with phi oc and kolb that way we get an accurate qb not a college qb that MIGHT BE GOOD IN A FEW YEARS and an offensive minded coach.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Quote:

Lowell Cohn will ask him. And why the EXHAUSTIVE GM search ended down the hall with an inexperienced candidate?

Exactly. It wasn't that Baalke wasn't a hard worker. I've heard from everywhere that he is. It's what he can bring to the table. Who wants to work for Baalke?!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

~ Jed is a 29 year old inexperienced kid.
~ He has financial restraints from John and Denise despite his bravado "Money is no object..."
~ Paraage is a recent MBA grad with no experience.
~ Baalke was a scout not long ago and has no GM experience. He is from the Scot M. school of FAIL.

This is a terrible front office.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Why do some people here think that it's okay to pay an unproven NFL coach, the same amount of money that you would pay a Gruden, or a Cowher, or a Billick?

Everybody is acting like him and Luck, are the next Montana and Walsh. Luck had one good year in college, 32 TD 6 INTs should not be considered spectacular, let him put up the same numbers again next year and than we can start comparing his college career. And Harbaugh? WTF has he done??? "Oh, well his brother is a good NFL coach, so automatically he's going to be a good NFL coach." Really...how many National Championships has he won, or gone to? What did he do prior to that, 4-8, 5-7, 8-5 W-L record, and people are sold on him because he has "fire" and great pedigree?...that's fine let Miami keep him and overpay for him, because it's going to take him the retirement of Belicheck and Brady for him to win the division, and oh ya, the Jets play in that division too.

Because the alternatives are bleak to say the least. There is not one assistant or unemployed coach that I had more faith in than Harbaugh, based on personality, fit to personnel, and proven ability to rebuild a team from ashes to prominence (albeit in the NCAA).

I wouldn't say that he made Stanford a place of prominence again. He had one good year, this year, the same year that Luck had a good year; prior to that, he did not do that great, if we compare Stanford to other dominant universities, and should we not compare the two? What is so spectacular about him that other college coaches have not done? Current teams that come to mind are, Uconn, Texas Tech, Cincinati, TCU...and that's just recent. All these schools have been "rebuilt". If you ask most analysts they will tell you that some of his hype is because his brother is also a successful NFL HC, but that doesn't always translate to success.

I would much rather have Gruden, or Billick, or John Fox as a HC, at least these guys are actually proven, have won or been to Superbowls, and know what it takes to get there. Also, they know the players in the league way better than Harbaugh or his staff from Stanford does. Ya, I know you have a scout team and all that, but don't you think most NFL coaches know the tendencies of a lot of NFL players?

I don't feel that bad. This team is ready to win now, we have players in their prime, or entering their prime, and some close to exiting their prime. We all know very well that nothing is certain in football. Just like he can become a solid HC, he can become another college coach, turned pro, bust, it won't be the first time it happened or the last time. At least with even a guy like Fisher or Fox, you know your team will be very competitive and good, if not great.
Jed York must be a complete moron! To offer Harbaugh $4.5-$5M (when he knew that Michigan offered $5.2M, and Pete Carroll got $6.7M) is absurd. I can't believe that he made that offer with a straight face. Harbaugh must have been insulted by that, and realized how out of touch the 49ers front office really is. To make an offer any lower than what Pete Carroll got was probably a non-starter from the beginning, so why all the false bravado about how money was no object? It just gets the fans hopes up for no reason! Jed; cheap, dumb and naive is no way to go through life, son.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
Jed York must be a complete moron! To offer Harbaugh $4.5-$5M (when he knew that Michigan offered $5.2M, and Pete Carroll got $6.7M) is absurd. I can't believe that he made that offer with a straight face. Harbaugh must have been insulted by that, and realized how out of touch the 49ers front office really is. To make an offer any lower than what Pete Carroll got was probably a non-starter from the beginning, so why all the false bravado about how money was no object? It just gets the fans hopes up for no reason! Jed; cheap, dumb and naive is no way to go through life, son.

At the same time, if Harbaugh was that insulted, why would he stay and meet with them for 6 hours? Something isn't adding up.
Originally posted by B650:

At the same time, if Harbaugh was that insulted, why would he stay and meet with them for 6 hours? Something isn't adding up.

You don't remember the Kurt Warner wine and dine event do you? I am still unsure if that was the 49ers trying to screw the Cards or if Warner was just trying to get more money....
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Meh..I'm not surprised. The Yorks suck. Only chance we have is to find a diamond in the rough and get lucky.

If Harbaugh was only offered 4.5-5 M dollars why would the Dolphins come in offering 8 M per year? My guess is the Niners offered between 5.5 and 6 million dollars and that already would make him one of the highest paid coaches in the entire NFL, which is an even more impressive sum considering that all of these coaches are proven tenured coaches.
I have been a Niner fan for 23 years. I have been around for a lot of disappointing moments. Roger Craig's fumble against the Giants, the back to back losses to Dallas, and even the way we let Seifert go. But I've never been more disgusted with this franchise as I am now. You can tell the young members on this forum because they just don't get it. Back in the
90's I was so in tuned with this franchise I knew what they were gonna do before it happened. Now look at us!! We are the joke of the league. From dominating to dominated. We have other franchises using our formula except us. Eddie, Carmen, Cerrato, Clark I miss yall. Us fans are suffering because we have people in charge that don't know ish. I'm about to become a Pats fan become they look more like us then we do. Seriously, I just disgusted with the whole damn organization.
Can I rant about the posters in Ninertalk?