LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You have to realize this possibility that York MUST CONSIDER:

What if Harbaugh fails? What if Harbaugh struggles the first two years, and the 49ers keep him a third year: than he struggles again. They'd have to fire him and eat up 12-14 MILLION DOLLARS of contract, than higher another coach wanting 5-7 mill a year. So for two years the 49ers would be paying 28 million dollars JUST FOR A COACH.

guys MONEY MATTERS. Its a business.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

~ Jed is a 29 year old inexperienced kid.
~ He has financial restraints from John and Denise despite his bravado "Money is no object..."
~ Paraage is a recent MBA grad with no experience.
~ Baalke was a scout not long ago and has no GM experience. He is from the Scot M. school of FAIL.

This is a terrible front office.

This is exactly correct................ Anyone that sees it differently is in complete denial... I mean, when you get rejected by Josh McDaniels, that should tell you something is very wrong...........................
Jed should just let Baalke pick the new coach and stay out of his way at this point.

[ Edited by zozell on Jan 6, 2011 at 15:26:45 ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Do you believe in voodoo?

Can we get York action figures anywhere? And a case of safety pins?
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
You have to realize this possibility that York MUST CONSIDER:

What if Harbaugh fails? What if Harbaugh struggles the first two years, and the 49ers keep him a third year: than he struggles again. They'd have to fire him and eat up 12-14 MILLION DOLLARS of contract, than higher another coach wanting 5-7 mill a year. So for two years the 49ers would be paying 28 million dollars JUST FOR A COACH.

guys MONEY MATTERS. Its a business.

Money matters. So does having a clue.

SanDiego already started about fourteen of these. Post in one of those. Kthxbye.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
So we keep a s**tty front office, and refuse to "overpay". This is a joke.

I don't care if it is Harbaugh or not, you have to pay to get the hot candidate. Yorks are proven cheap asses and half this forum are defending it.

It's sad. I think the Yorks have paid workers on here.

its one thing to overpay for a proven player and its a nother thing to pverpay for an unproven person

It's true, Harbaugh isn't "worth" that much. Just like many draft picks or FA aren't "worth" what they get.

But the market determines "worth", and if you want a certain player/coach, you have to be willing to pay the market price.

At the end of the day it's meaningless. Billionaires paying multi-millionaires, aren't affected by whether or not their cash cow which generates hundreds of millions in profits, makes a mil or two less a year. So, if you have to "overpay", than you overpay.

And don't forget, THEY put themselves in this position. By firing Sing early, and promoting Baalke, THEY (the front office) went "Harbaugh or bust". And it seems like they failed.

Frankly I don't even want a Baalke/Harbaugh combo. We need experience SOMEWHERE. So with Harbaugh, I would want an experienced GM. With Baalke, I want an experienced coach.

But THEY set up this scenario. Whatever their plan was, it looks like it's failing miserably. That is just one more piece of evidence that in the front office department, we continue to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Not everyone agrees with you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnHSmWn3b0C4sk.Ulqj.0zNDubYF?slug=ms-baalkeninersgm010611

Quote:

Yet I believe York’s faith in Baalke, who has modeled much of his approach after Bill Parcells (the Jets’ coach when Baalke got hired in ’98), is the product of some sound sensibilities by the young owner. For one thing, Baalke is regarded by many respected people in the business as a highly gifted assessor of players’ abilities – and one with the guts to stand up for his opinions and go against the grain.

“Trent Baalke is a football guy through and through, with a very good understanding of the game and a very sound evaluation process,” said Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff. “And he’s driven – he has a tireless work ethic. He’ll do everything in his power to help restore that organization to prominence.”

Dimitroff was once one of these behind-the-scenes standouts, a former area scout who’d at first been marginalized because of his counter-culture appearance and vegetarian diet but had risen through the Patriots’ front-office ranks because he turned out to be damn good at what he did. When Falcons owner Arthur Blank offered him the GM job following the franchise’s Bobby Petrino fiasco of 2007 and an unsuccessful effort to land Parcells to run its front office – and did so after interviewing Dimitroff via videoconference – it was a decidedly unsexy hire that provoked mockery from outsiders.

Well if that wasn't a ringing endorsement, i don't know what is.

That is quite an endorsement.

I think the issue is that the 9ers haven't won since 02... so there is reason to be leary. I think if they hire an experienced guy as dir of player personell... the FO will be fine. But its going to take time... and maybe Im wrong.
Four words:

Complete

and

utter

failure.

That is all.
The Yorks can have an incestual orgy where they f**k each other in the ass with their silver spoons.

This is all of you:

• Jiks
Just got off work. Was hoping to see 49ers land Harbaugh. Instead I am now wondering what the heck we are going to do. I really think all this stuff is correct. Our FO is a joke. I would have been satisfied if we seemed to know what we are doing but as more time passes I think we are right back where we started. Looking into McDaniels? Hiring of Baalke? Just seems to be same ole same ole. Hell we should have just kept Nolan...
Niner Talk "RANT" Thread ?? This should be renamed to "Whiner's Lounge"

Originally posted by darkknight49:

Share 49ersWebzone