LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 122 users in the forums

Mixed feelings on Front Office

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
I just noticed that Paarag is the EVP. If the title matches reality, it means he's actually 2nd in command after Jed and Trent reports to Paarag. Odd. Am I interpreting this correctly?

I dunno...I'd figure Trent is now the man behind football moves. I highly doubt Paarag would hold superiority over him.
I just noticed that Paarag is the EVP. If the title matches reality, it means he's actually 2nd in command after Jed and Trent reports to Paarag. Odd. Am I interpreting this correctly?

That's what sickens me. But I don't think he makes any football decisions... just works on the executive side and negotiates contracts.

Just as long as he doesn't stick his nose in the roster, draft, and or coaching decisions... he's not on my **** list.
I really, really feel we have missed a massive trick by missing out on Lombardi AND keeping Baalke here in some format to work alongside him.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Can someone explain what people are referring to when they say we have a bad 'front office 'structure'?

That is a nice saying for cheaply paid inept morons.

+1000000
Originally posted by Wubbie:

That's what sickens me. But I don't think he makes any football decisions... just works on the executive side and negotiates contracts.

Just as long as he doesn't stick his nose in the roster, draft, and or coaching decisions... he's not on my **** list.

sorry...but paarag was in the coaches booth during games. he was responsible for directing the coaches on challenges. the disfunction of this team is insane....
Originally posted by davemo4:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

sorry...but paarag was in the coaches booth during games. he was responsible for directing the coaches on challenges. the disfunction of this team is insane....

Well Paarag is a statistical genius who can help determine the likelihood of a play being over turned... OMG I just threw up in my mouth typing that
According news articles Trent is a sharp, hardworking guy who has excellent judgement regarding players ability. A GM does much more and usually relies on the Director of Player Personel for this.

They might become the best front office in the history of football, but all we have to compare it with does not lead to that conclusion. No wise old owl to stabilize the ship. Young guys tend to be more compulsive and egotistical. No one in management will be in the 50's or older (?).

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 7, 2011 at 12:26:27 ]
Share 49ersWebzone