LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Is anyone else excited about our OLine next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JDog:
LT - Staley
LG - Iupati
C- Heitman / Bass
RG - Anthony Davis
RT - Alex Boone

what!!!
I am optimistic about our prospects as a team (depending on QB), but yeah. Replace RG and I feel good.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
i was excited about our oline this year. so no.

As was I, and I see little reason at this point in time to be "excited" about the situation. Numerous questions still surround the line, as people have said.

Greatly excited to see the development of Iupati, but overall we allowed far too much pressure with the current unit, and it remains to be seen if this problem was simply offensive scheme. And who will be our starting center? RG can be assumed a position of need.

Dont know if it's just me, but I dont think Staley is that great of a player. He has trouble with power D lineman and commits too many penalties. Maybe he'll be better on the right side, but the large contract we awarded him seems to have been a premature, if not dubious, decision. Baalke is a man of foresight and I believe that he selected a tackle so high last year largely as insurance in the event that Staley disappoints. Unfortunately, there's little reason at this time to believe that Anthony Davis will become a competent starter. I think he will, but the degree of uncertainty is enough to refrain excitement.

What I AM excited for is to see what kind of offensive magic Harbaugh can conjure up. Maybe he'll make the exact starting 5 of last year look amazing. That'd be sweet
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Jan 11, 2011 at 2:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone