LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 347 users in the forums

Is anyone else excited about our OLine next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nope, not if we let the best HC out there slip thru our hands...er...golden-spoon-in-mouth-jed's wallet. IF this all comes down to a $4.5 mil offer vs an $8.0mil offer, then i believe i will be looking for another team to follow. we all saw and know what harbaughe did, and has done. WE know he is a terrific OC, which means the deal of hiring a HC who hires an OC...for a yr...until he gets a HC gig...would not be a problem for us with harbaugh, in that he is a great play caller...like Sean payton, like bellichek, like mike smith(to lesser extent)...but the point remains, sign harbaugn and our OC worries disappear also. So here is a question:

What has been our two weakest coaching positions for 8 long yrs? HC and OC. Hire harbaugh and you can forget about an OC. You get both with him, plus a helluva Qb coach to boot. Also look at his D. Great. Face it, the guy gets football. Jed would really let a gem like that for for a lously 2.5 mil more? CRAp, that is stupid...even for jed, not the sharpest tool in the shed. This isn't about being smart tho. This is about being realistic and remembering our last 8 embarrassing yrs.

Oh, yes, with harbaugh and his O Knowledge, watch the OL turn around into a huge asset. All that and jed can't match a miami offer, making harbaugh the highest paid coach in the league? Well, if that's the case, then jed has f**ked us once again. He can fix 3 huge coaching weaknesses on this team with one hire, and he is worrying about a piddling 2.5 mil more? What an incredible jackass if he passes on harbaugh, or rather, doesn't up the ante. Miami, who parcells advises, obviously told them this guy is the real deal, the right pedigree, the right touch, he's smart, he has an incredibly successful track record, and jed is going to be outbid? Wow, jed is way stupider than i ever gave him and that dumbazz family credit for.

[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jan 6, 2011 at 09:01:02 ]
I agree! I'm waiting, watching what the CEO, JED does here. He has a real chance of changing things for the better but will likely screw this up....
Only exited about iupati....the rest of our line is average staley baas or below average rachal and davis. Davis will improve but he has got to be the worst or one of the worst rts in football. He not only gave up sacks pressure but didnt run block well except for the arizona game.
Unless we replace the rg we may be in trouble. And i hope our coaches dont think since we have 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders its going to be a good or improved ol. I see only iupati as good and the rest avg to poor with chances or being above avg
C-Eric Heitman and David Baas are both injury prone; we need to grome a quality replacement.
I'm excited about finding a replacement for the RG!!!
Yessir.
Yes im exited we will have Heitman back, but i really thik AD needs to be moved to left tackle. joe Staley is the most overrated player on the team.
I'm sure many of you caught some of the playoff games last night. I dont know about you, but I was amazed to see what a real running play design looks like. I'm not an Xs and Os guy, so it's difficult for me to explain, but it just looked light years ahead of any running scheme we design. I mean, there where so many misdirections, counters, pulling lineman and running backs hitting the hole from many diffrent angles. It was amazing. Then, all I could think of was our I-formation where Gore gets the ball and runs straight up the middle or maybe off tackle one out of five times. Its no wonder why our running game sucked. I know our unimaginative run game is old news, but to actually see it compared to playoff caliber teams blew me away.

One thing that really excites me is what Harbaugh may be able to do with our Oline next year. Because of all of our high draft picks on our Oline, I would bet we have the most athletic Oline in the league (notice I didnt say the best). That means under the right coaching and scheme they probably have the raw talent to do anything required. I'm very excited to see what they can accomplish next year.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 9, 2011 at 07:49:39 ]
excited for all but the RG
At least we will know how good they really are. You couldn't judge players in the Sing/Raye system because the bizzare scheme didn't help anyone succeed.

I just want to see if Davis can improve and Iupati can become even more of a stud. I also want to see Staley make a strong bounce back from his injury.

I would also like to see Chilo replaced. Especially after yesterday when I remembered that we choose Chilo instead of DeSean Jackson in the 2008 draft. Was pissed then and I'm even more pissed now.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I just want to see if Davis can improve and Iupati can become even more of a stud. I also want to see Staley make a strong bounce back from his injury.

I would also like to see Chilo replaced. Especially after yesterday when I remembered that we choose Chilo instead of DeSean Jackson in the 2008 draft. Was pissed then and I'm even more pissed now.

Why do people keep assuming if we didn't pick Rachal we would of picked Jackson? It's very clear to me Jackson is not the type of WR Scotty likes. The Smith vs. Rogers I get, the Chilo vs. Jackson is BS.

BTW, I would like to see Davis on the left side to start the season. It's time to start thinking long term.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 9, 2011 at 08:49:49 ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
LG-Mike Iupati(a beast of a lineman)

Why Davis was rated higher than the awesome, throwin Samoan is beyond me.

The only team that had him rated higher was the Niners.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

We have the RG. We just didn't start him this year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

We have the RG. We just didn't start him this year.

And who would that be?

I will also be interested to see what Harbaugh/Baalke decide to do with Boone. New eyes may see new things.

[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Jan 9, 2011 at 09:08:36 ]
Share 49ersWebzone