LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Protest strategy if we don't land Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Seriously though. Who says, amongst some of the richest people in the USA, "money is no object". It's not even his money.

We should all feel like idiots for believing him.

Dude...it doesn't mean that he will make Harbaugh, a guy who has never coached in NFL, highest paid coach in NFL.

Oh, really? Is there another meaning for "money is no object" I wasn't aware of?

Stop banging that head, you need those brain cells.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this country is going to hell in a handbasket but some of these people will protest not getting a coach for their NFL team.

i'd like to say this again.
Seriously though. Who says, amongst some of the richest people in the USA, "money is no object". It's not even his money.

Dude...it doesn't mean that he will make Harbaugh, a guy who has never coached in NFL, highest paid coach in NFL.

Oh, really? Is there another meaning for "money is no object" I wasn't aware of?

It's a figure of speech.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's a figure of speech.

Yeah, I know, and it usually implies "money ain't going to be what dictates this situation".
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's a figure of speech.

NO! BUT HE SAID IT, SO HE MEANS HE'LL GIVE HARBAUGH WHATEVER HE WANTS!!! SIGN HIM AT ALL COSTS, $100 MILLION, DO IT!
Originally posted by boast:
this country is going to hell in a handbasket but some of these people will protest not getting a coach for their NFL team.

Aldous Huxley was right.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

Man... ruined my night.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
seriously? Protest strategy? For a coach?

Dude IMHO, our fanbase is really showing it's colors.... and you wonder why 49er fans are hated. There are franchises out there that haven't won anything and people are acting as if this, tonight, is the end of the world... literally. You would think someone broke into their homes and robbed them or the 49ers levied a tax simply for using the word "49er Fan" in posts here. I've never seen anything like the level of gross hyperbole I've seen tonight EVER as a 49er fan.

Unprecedented.

For me, it's not so much about Harbaugh as it is about the message the Yorks are sending.

Honestly, we can probably get similar results with other head coaches. But in the organization's eyes... Harbaugh was the best candidate for the job. If they feel he's the best candidate for the job and the team is COMMITTED to winning a Super Bowl, they'll go after Harbaugh with force.

Yes, it's absurd to pay a rookie Head Coach $8M when he hasn't even held a major coaching position in the NFL. It's just that we are so disheartened by the lack of COMMITMENT from ownership. It's more that we want to see action in order to believe the owners want to win.

The Yorks have been criticized for not caring about winning. They've been known as cheapskates and for trying to go for the easy-fix. I'm not saying they should throw $8M out there. But I'll be upset if they don't at least try to raise their offer.

If they say to Harbaugh, "We really want you for $6M, but that's our final offer. We don't think you are $2M better than some of the other guys out there, who are all very good coaches as well..."... I would respect that. They made a modest offer to Harbaugh, from what I hear. $4.5M is a reasonable and fair offer. But it's not the type of force, power, and commitment to winning you'd like to see. If Eddie DeBartolo wanted a Head Coach, he'd up the bid to a certain point.

We'll see. I'll just be disappointed if they just give up easily.
  • 8to80
"And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland."

and it gets better....

"However, sources close to McDaniels think is virtually certain he would not go to the 49ers given their current front office strucure and would be far more likely to wind up with the Falcons as their offensive coordinator should Mike Mularkey land as a head coach elsewhere."

Source Article

As I stated in my previous post, our front office is so awesome. McDaniels would rather be an offensive coordinator than be our head coach.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Trust me, one doesn't need brain cells while posting in NT.

When you say money is no object, it doesn't mean you act retarded and pay $100 for somethin' that's worth only $50. Only an idiot will do that.

Originally posted by Wubbie:

Dude IMHO, our fanbase is really showing it's colors.... and you wonder why 49er fans are hated. There are franchises out there that haven't won anything and people are acting as if this, tonight, is the end of the world... literally. You would think someone broke into their homes and robbed them or the 49ers levied a tax simply for using the word "49er Fan" in posts here. I've never seen anything like the level of gross hyperbole I've seen tonight EVER as a 49er fan.

Unprecedented.

For me, it's not so much about Harbaugh as it is about the message the Yorks are sending.

Honestly, we can probably get similar results with other head coaches. But in the organization's eyes... Harbaugh was the best candidate for the job. If they feel he's the best candidate for the job and the team is COMMITTED to winning a Super Bowl, they'll go after Harbaugh with force.

Yes, it's absurd to pay a rookie Head Coach $8M when he hasn't even held a major coaching position in the NFL. It's just that we are so disheartened by the lack of COMMITMENT from ownership. It's more that we want to see action in order to believe the owners want to win.

The Yorks have been criticized for not caring about winning. They've been known as cheapskates and for trying to go for the easy-fix. I'm not saying they should throw $8M out there. But I'll be upset if they don't at least try to raise their offer.

If they say to Harbaugh, "We really want you for $6M, but that's our final offer. We don't think you are $2M better than some of the other guys out there, who are all very good coaches as well..."... I would respect that. They made a modest offer to Harbaugh, from what I hear. $4.5M is a reasonable and fair offer. But it's not the type of force, power, and commitment to winning you'd like to see. If Eddie DeBartolo wanted a Head Coach, he'd up the bid to a certain point.

We'll see. I'll just be disappointed if they just give up easily.

I don't agree with protesting but I agree with the bolded. Don't say "money is no object", then make it apparent that you want Harbaugh only to offer him less money than a COLLEGE. A COLLEGE!

Give him $5.5-$6M at least. This guy is the hottest potential NFL coach on the planet and they low-ball him after making it apparent that he is the first and only choice? Ridiculous.

Unprecedented.

i must agree. This is simply ridiculous.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
LaCantreportfactualnews is the only one reporting that figure. no one knows what went down in negotiations today. stop getting your panties in a wad about a dollar amount that most likely isn't correct.

Trust me, one doesn't need brain cells while posting in NT.

When you say money is no object, it doesn't mean you act retarded and pay $100 for somethin' that's worth only $50. Only an idiot will do that.

"it does not matter what something costs"

Are you trying to be dense?

Unprecedented.

i must agree. This is simply ridiculous.

I'm pissed. If we get a bad coach, we continue to suck. Revenue goes down. Stadium deal goes kaput. What do we do then?
Share 49ersWebzone