There are 247 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

Why??? Hes young keep in mind that hes also being advised by Eddie Debartolo.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

After NOTHING but failure....he has to prove it to me. The Yorks have done nothing but dismantle this franchise. I want to to see him repair it, truly put all efforts into doing so and return us to being competitive rather than laughing stocks.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Don't know if anyone has posted Maiocco's coaching salary perspective list:

Highest paid NFL coaches
(Yearly salary)
1. Bill Belichick, Patriots, $7.5 million
2. Mike Shanahan, Redskins, $7 million
3. Pete Carroll, Seahawks, $6.7 million
4. (tie) Jeff Fisher, Titans, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Mike Tomlin, Steelers, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals, $5.75 million
7. Andy Reid, Eagles, $5.5 million
8. Tom Coughlin, Giants, $5.25 million
9. Jack Del Rio, Jaguars, $5 million
10. Lovie Smith, Bears, $4.8 million

Read more: Maiocco: Money is an object in Harbaugh negotiations
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

So Harbaugh would get paid more than Mike Tomlin and more than Pete Carrol if he takes the 49er's deal as a completely unproven NFL head coach. The hypocrisy I hear from the "York's Lied To Us" crowd is that you were angry because we hired Baalke with no experience but now your also angry because we don't want to pay an unproven guy more that guys who actually has a much lighter resume than those who've actually won SBs - recently.

I think the main issue is the York's seem to always find a way to fail in almost everything they set out to do...can't seem to deliver on their word. The issue is not about how much more or less the offer was compared to other coaches.

Lets see if the Yorks will match the Fin's offer. He did say money is no object. So if you say come out with the big talk about money...then have the BALLS to back it up.

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Jan 6, 2011 at 09:21:52 ]
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

Its not enough apparently
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
"Niners will win the division and make the playoffs"

Niners were 3rd in NFC West. No playoffs.

"We will get an experienced GM".

Trent Baakle was hired, who has NO experience being a GM.

"Money is no object."

Might lose Harbaugh to the Dolphins, who are offering a higher salary...

I'm getting tired of these lies!!!

Feel free to add...

Quote:
League sources say the 49ers have offered around $4.5 million per season, while the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

This is Lacanfora... and we know how much he sucks....
They are talking about Gruden

The niners offered 6.5mil according to sources... Belichek recieves 7.5mil a year. THis guy is out of college. That is a very sweet offer, and if they loose atleast they weren't cheap.

Sing made 2.5mil a year.

What article confirms that we offered Harbaugh $6.5M? All the reports I've seen say $4.5M, which is low considering Michigan offered him $5.2M, and he turned it down. In my opinion we have to offer Harbaugh at least what Pete Carroll got. You know how competitive he is with Pete.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

I am going to go NUTS if Miami signs Harbaugh. After all that money is not an object and I'll do whatever it takes crap. We'll still make the playoffs.....oh wait we would have been in the playoffs if I had only fired Mike earlier....c'mon! I got a slogan for us for next year.... We had Rollin with Nolan, 49er faithful and others lets have our slogan be.....

"SHOW US....DON'T TELL US"

[ Edited by sc49ers22 on Jan 6, 2011 at 09:31:55 ]
I have never started a thread here but this is just crazy....

Jed NEVER ONCE said "money is no object" when talking about hiring the next coach. When he said that he was being asked if that would factor in his decision to fire or keep Singletary, who remained under contract two more years at the time.

He said that before they fired Singletary, not after. The "money is no object" quote has absolutely nothing to do with what they are willing to pay the next guy. So F'ing STOP IT!

If anything Jed proved that money was no object because he did fire Sing and is now offering who they want to be the next guy at least twice what Sing is making. They're still paying Sing $2.5million a year for the next two years and are (reportedly) offering Harbaugh more than twice that amount. All this and there may not even be a season in 2011. If they do end up landing Harbaugh for 6million a year the team will be paying head coaching salaries of 8.5million a year for 2011 and 2012.
Shut up.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
I have never started a thread here but this is just crazy....

Jed NEVER ONCE said "money is no object" when talking about hiring the next coach. When he said that he was being asked if that would factor in his decision to fire or keep Singletary, who remained under contract two more years at the time.

He said that before they fired Singletary, not after. The "money is no object" quote has absolutely nothing to do with what they are willing to pay the next guy. So F'ing STOP IT!

If anything Jed proved that money was no object because he did fire Sing and is now offering who they want to be the next guy at least twice what Sing is making. They're still paying Sing $2.5million a year for the next two years and are (reportedly) offering Harbaugh more than twice that amount. All this and there may not even be a season in 2011. If they do end up landing Harbaugh for 6million a year the team will be paying head coaching salaries of 8.5million a year for 2011 and 2012.

you need to calm the f**k down.
Originally posted by Shaj:
"we will hire someone who has done the job before"

He never once even implied this. He said they would talk to people that had done the job before but never once said that the guy they hired would be a former GM.

Originally posted by Shaj:
"Money is no object, we want to win" (as it looks like we will be outbidded by the dolphins)

"Money is no object" was in reference to a question about whether they would fire Sing even though there was $5million left on his contract and they have to pay him that money over the next two years even if they do fire him. It had nothing to do with how much they are willing to pay the next coach.

P.S. "outbidded" isn't a word.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

I am going to go NUTS if Miami signs Harbaugh. After all that money is not an object and I'll do whatever it takes crap. We'll still make the playoffs.....oh wait we would have been in the playoffs if I had only fired Mike earlier....c'mon! I got a slogan for us for next year.... We had Rollin with Nolan, 49er faithful and others lets have our slogan be.....

"SHOW US....DON'T TELL US"

sounds good to me...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Don't know if anyone has posted Maiocco's coaching salary perspective list:

Highest paid NFL coaches
(Yearly salary)
1. Bill Belichick, Patriots, $7.5 million
2. Mike Shanahan, Redskins, $7 million
3. Pete Carroll, Seahawks, $6.7 million
4. (tie) Jeff Fisher, Titans, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Mike Tomlin, Steelers, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals, $5.75 million
7. Andy Reid, Eagles, $5.5 million
8. Tom Coughlin, Giants, $5.25 million
9. Jack Del Rio, Jaguars, $5 million
10. Lovie Smith, Bears, $4.8 million

Read more: Maiocco: Money is an object in Harbaugh negotiations
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

So Harbaugh would get paid more than Mike Tomlin and more than Pete Carrol if he takes the 49er's deal as a completely unproven NFL head coach. The hypocrisy I hear from the "York's Lied To Us" crowd is that you were angry because we hired Baalke with no experience but now your also angry because we don't want to pay an unproven guy more that guys who actually has a much lighter resume than those who've actually won SBs - recently.

What hypocrisy? Don't you get that these are the same Dorks moves?

I don't care if the Dorks lie to us, and I don't know if Harbaugh truly is the best candidate. But if the Dorks feel Harbaugh is the best candidate, then they gotta do everything in to power to get him. Eddie would enter the bidding war and win. The Dorks would probably just back off.
Originally posted by miked1978:
lol at you guys. What do you want Jeb to do, tell Harbaugh that he would give him $50 million a season right off the bat? The Dolphins simply put in a higher offer, its not like the 49ers can't counter offer. Aren't you a professor at a college too? You should know this.

Let this play out before we act on our emotions like girls.

Plus the only thing he lied about regarding the GM is about the experience. He did search high and low. Damn if he would have spent an hour more searching you girly boys would have been all over him for not hiring someone immediately.

I swear this fan forum is filled with girls.
The reactions are the theroy of repition. The yorks are repetitive at crashing and burning, never using there brains...... Everytime!
Jed York is the younger version of Chris Cohn. We will never see a SB with these guys running this team.