There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lowell Cohn on Baalke's hiring.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Once again Lowell Cohn is 100% correct. The absolute best writer in the Bay Area. He is a star.

Jed lied straight to your faces. The GM search was a dog and pony show. He knew what he was going to do all the time. He lied to the fans, the media and the players. Plus the HC search appears to be a lie. "The GM will make the HC decision." LOL. It sounds like they already have decided on the HC. And they haven't had a "GM" long enough to interview and conduct due diligence. Jed is deciding everything. GM, HC and everything else. That alone should be enough to disturb any 49ers fan. Even if the HC is the right guy it should give you a lot of pause that Jed lied and is still making all the decisions despite being way over his head.

Cohn is garbage... anybody who can read a newspaper or has the slightest bit of journalistic knowledge will tell you that.

and as far as Jed picking the GM and HC... its actually pretty simple, Jed wanted Harbaugh, Trent wanted Harbaugh. Jed needed a GM in order to land Harbaugh before somebody else did and so with what little time he had Jed seeked the opinion of Bill Parcell, Eddie D, etc. From what it sounds like Trent Baalke is highly regarded and was probably his best option. But to smooth things over with the fans and the rest of the NFL he DID interview several other candidates.

If you honeslty felt offended I would suggest you follow a different team or sport. but I have a feeling your just trolling

Jed wanted a rubber stamp. And he got it. It's what Scot M. was for him too. Same thing.

And if you look at the 2010 draft class it's not very good. Iupati. That's it. What other great player did we get?

its way to early to properly evaluate this draft class and even call Iupati "great".

and yes this is Jed's huge conspiracy, he wants complete control over all football operations. In fact, I hear he's so arrogant that he's gonna be the teams QB this season.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Cohn is spot on.

Jethro lied through his teeth, probably from beginning to the very end. How do we know what he is saying now is true. I mean he stood at a podium and lied right to the faces of the Bay Area media, wow.

If he has some kind of secret deal with Harbaugh in collusion with Baalke why not just keep his mouth shut and say something like; We will wait a while and make an announcement. In the mean time we are trying to do what's best for the Niners. Why not something like that.. instead of lying to us, media and the nation..

What an owner, crap....

Because then you guys would complain about how he isnt being proactive You know full well that wouldn't fly with the fan base.

I don't agree. I think if words like that were said and he accentuated the truthfulness of it; people would respect him for it, and give him some leeway.

See I'm thinking if they do have the HC wrapped in a nice Red & Gold bow,then it would only be a week max, then, and here is the kicker to me; he announces both hires at once, all smiles, he rips the media and us, and he comes out looking like he really has grown up. Don't you think?

Just writing that makes me feel pride in the organization, while right now, I do not..

And ughh, this would be the first time for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

Yeah you understand Bali...
Originally posted by backontop:
Cohn is spot on.

Jethro lied through his teeth, probably from beginning to the very end. How do we know what he is saying now is true. I mean he stood at a podium and lied right to the faces of the Bay Area media, wow.

If he has some kind of secret deal with Harbaugh in collusion with Baalke why not just keep his mouth shut and say something like; We will wait a while and make an announcement. In the mean time we are trying to do what's best for the Niners. Why not something like that.. instead of lying to us, media and the nation..

What an owner, crap....

Because then you guys would complain about how he isnt being proactive You know full well that wouldn't fly with the fan base.

I don't agree. I think if words like that were said and he accentuated the truthfulness of it; people would respect him for it, and give him some leeway.

See I'm thinking if they do have the HC wrapped in a nice Red & Gold bow,then it would only be a week max, then, and here is the kicker to me; he announces both hires at once, all smiles, he rips the media and us, and he comes out looking like he really has grown up. Don't you think?

Just writing that makes me feel pride in the organization, while right now, I do not..

And ughh, thsi would be the first ime for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

all i can say is agree to disagree lol... we simply perceive the situation differently.

99% of the people agree with you.

Nice to have some unity here in the Zone.. It's damn hard to know what is going on at Niner HQ when Jed does stuff like this.. It is polarizing to say the least

GO NINERS!!!
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

And ughh, thsi would be the first ime for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

all i can say is agree to disagree lol... we simply perceive the situation differently.

Nice to have some unity here in the Zone.. It's damn hard to know what is going on at Niner HQ when Jed does stuff like this.. It is polarizing to say the least

GO NINERS!!!

What's going on is Jed doesn't know what he's doing. So he's lying to the media and fans to make it seem like he knows. But he's caught in the lies. And we are being set up for more cylce of FAIL.
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

GO NINERS!!!

What's going on is Jed doesn't know what he's doing. So he's lying to the media and fans to make it seem like he knows. But he's caught in the lies. And we are being set up for more cylce of FAIL.

jesus christ... go to bed or root for the patriots already
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

GO NINERS!!!

where is this proof that Baalke will fail?
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

GO NINERS!!!

2010 NFL DRAFT...
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

GO NINERS!!!

There is none.. now where is that case of Absolute, just in case things get super ugly in the next few days if Harbaugh turns us down whilst saying; This is all BS, I was never going to go to SF, I don't know how this got started!

Holy sh!t hittin the fan, everyone would be drenched with the stuff.

However there is no proof Baalke can't take of o biz..

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 5, 2011 at 03:09:08 ]
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

GO NINERS!!!

2010 NFL DRAFT...

please explain what's wrong with the 2010 draft?

Iupati-solid
Davis-solid pick but needed to sit the year out
Mays-should never have been benched
Bowman-solid
Dixon-solid
Williams-injured and buried on the depth chart
Adams-meh
Heard of the rookie wall? I'm sure everybody here doesn't like one-year wonders.
2010 Draft.

1A) Anthony Davis - F. Worst RT I've ever seen. Worse than Kwame... We traded up to get this loser.

1B) Mike Iupati - A. Future Pro Bowler.

2) Taylor Mays - D. Lost in pass coverage.

3) Navarro Bowman - C. Maybe a future. We will see.

6A) Anthony Dixon - C. Preseason potential. Inconsistent regular season.

6B) Nate Byham - D. Don't see why we got another TE that we rarely use.

6C) Kyle Williams - F. Completely worthless...

7) Phillip Adams - C-. For where he was picked he's pretty decent. Needs work and develpment.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 5, 2011 at 03:29:34 ]
It's true.

This GM search was a sham.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
It's true.

Told you so...
It's true.

they have to conduct a GM search, it's a league rule. they must abide by the rooney rule just like when they hire a head coach.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
It's true.

they have to conduct a GM search, it's a league rule. they must abide by the rooney rule just like when they hire a head coach.

This.