LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 193 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn on Baalke's hiring.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Here it is and I agree with him.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110104/NEWS/110109826/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

the 9ers success is based upon the HC and QB
who cares? As long as he hired Harbaugh, it's fine. Baalke > Lombardi anyways.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This guy.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

the 9ers success is based upon the HC and QB

I love those blah blah smilies :)
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I don't even feel that I have to read it to know what he's going to say.

Am I right... or am I right?

When is that old windbag gonna die? All that negativity can't be good for you. Has the guy ever written anything positve. And it's all based on speculation, which means he's talking out his a**!

[ Edited by Ramp19smoker on Jan 4, 2011 at 22:27:27 ]
This is one instance where Cohn overreaches. Who is to say that Baalke isn't going to be a good GM? Why have we already dug five feet into the ground with Baalke?

It's one thing to be objectively critical, it's another to be unreasonable. Who knows what was happening behind the scenes? Perhaps Harbaugh, who it appears the 49ers will grant a certain amount of personnel power, appreciated and needed a guy like Baalke.

Let's not forget that when Walsh was hired, a guy named John McVay, who didn't exactly have an impressive resume (his contract wasn't renewed by the Giants as a coach), came in and, as I remember, built a pretty damn good foundation.

Let's judge him on actions and not presupposed connections.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Wodwo:

same.

f*ck LOL Cohn!

In all fairness to Jed, he did try to interview candidates...however his decision time in finding a GM had to be quick because Black Monday was right around the corner and the pack of wolves are ready to attack the available quality head coaching candidates. Jed did tell the truth. He did hire a GM before head coach. Had Jed waited longer, even a week of interviewing GM candiates, many prospective head coaches would already been hired by other teams. So to you Mr. Lowell Cohn, go stuff yourself.
Jed may have gone overboard some in his comments after firing Singletary--about searching the ends of the earth for the best GM out there---when he had Baalke already in mind--but we don't really know yet about Baalke. He has been here 5 years---but Nolan, Scott M and Singletary were calling the shots on the draft and personnel--not Baalke.

If we get Harbaugh---I think the tandem will work---Harbaugh and Baalke---two younger guys that want to start a new Niner tradition of excellence!

[ Edited by sfninerfanMax on Jan 4, 2011 at 22:29:43 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed did lie but everyone lies.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

You we're right...

"I hate Jed because he is a spoiled little rich kid"
"I am not stating anything factual in my articles, just my severe disdain for the team's owners"
We'll see how Baalke does. Get Harbaugh....
Share 49ersWebzone