There are 156 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn on Baalke's hiring.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by djfullshred:
LOL, another cowardly step forward by the 49ers ownership.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 190836:
Here it is and I agree with him.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110104/NEWS/110109826/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

I agree with him too. The biggest problem with people in niner talk is they want to hear what they want to hear. If its not convenient information, then the person who is stating it, no matter their track record, is an idiot who knows nothing about football.
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Everything he said is 100% true. Jed has his stories completely mixed up right now. Everything he proclaimed in that press conference was a lie.

That being said, if Harbaugh is made HC, he might still save face.

everything cohn said was the truth..jed is full of crap

good ole jed lied to each and every one of us...and some you guys dont want to see the truth

Yup. It's sad.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I cant stand Cohn or Ray Fattass Ratto. I wish people would stop posting it

So you don't have to hear things you don't want to hear?
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by 190836:
Here it is and I agree with him.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110104/NEWS/110109826/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

I agree with him too. The biggest problem with people in niner talk is they want to hear what they want to hear. If its not convenient information, then the person who is stating it, no matter their track record, is an idiot who knows nothing about football.

I try to take Cohn's arguments openly as he is often correct, even though most of us hate to hear it. However, in this particular article, he is definitely reaching quite a bit with a astronomical amount of assumptions...
I really don't bother anymore with him.

It's a hate-fess with the Yorks like 19036 and SanDiego.

Nothing will be good enough for him even if we start winning. Once we do, it will be like pulling teeth for an admittance of a mistake.

Don't read him. His column should be called "Failure, They name is York"
  • BobS
  • Veteran
My take is promoting from within make sense if you are a perennial contender like the Patriots. In the 49ers case they have become perennial losers. If you are a loser it means on an average your staff is not as good as the rest of the staffs in the league. So in what logic does it make sense to promote people that were doing a sub standard job? It doesn't. If you look at the teams that are year in and year out contenders they have two things, a great head coach and QB combo. We have had neither for the last 8 years. To me anyone involved hiring those two positions, needs to go. Jed can't be fired so he needs to hire someone who can land the best coach and QB. That leaves Baalke out as he has been part of the problem. How could he have learned on the job to have the necessary skills to be a good GM working for the 49ers? My only hope the money saved with the GM hire will be spent on a coach.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Was Baalke a key proponent and influencer behind drafting Alex Smith? If so, he shouldn't be our waterboy. I want to know this...
Was Baalke a key proponent and influencer behind drafting Alex Smith? If so, he shouldn't be our waterboy. I want to know this...

he was a scout with us from 2005-2007
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

but he might have been pushing for Rodgers or Merriman instead.

What has Merriman done since he stopped taking STEROIDS?

These 2 guys pushed for Alex Smith

These 2 guys pushed for Alex Smith

I only see one... thats a mean fat joke lol

Dang! now nolan shows up for me on browser.

this must look foolish now..

[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 5, 2011 at 13:26:22 ]

FWIW, I'm near certain I heard MM on the radio or CSNBA say that Baalke wasn't on board until AFTER the 2005 draft.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

What has Merriman done since he stopped taking STEROIDS?

Merriman was derailed by injuries. Smith was derailed by incompetence.
Share 49ersWebzone