There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed is an empty suit

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 190836:
LOL, By Damon Bruce Twitter,
DamonBruce Damon Bruce
Sums it up. RT @williemayslay: There is another York son, fredo, and he was passed over. Jed York is not a war time consigliaire.

his other tweet was funnier about searching for a new cat only to select his current one

Damon is the best.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You know what I have to say to all you whiny little b***hes? You are free to go find another team, no one is making you stick around. If this organization is so f**ked, try another team. How any of you can even consider yourselves faithful is beyond me. At some point you have to man up and quit sounding like a bunch of 13 year old girls on your first period. You guys act like you know what is best, well if you know so damn much, why don't you apply for the job?

So we should just accept incompetence?
Should we just accept the fact that the niners haven't made the play-offs in 7 years?

Jed York has been making some poor decisions and it is completely fair to point that out.

He is once again rushing what is a pretty big decision and that is just not good business.

Once the season ends, more qualified people may become available. Just like what happened when they rushed the signing of Singletary.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

LOL...

1. If Jed really did start thinking about who his GM is going to be the day Sing got fired we are in bigger trouble than I thought. I would hope long before we even new it was an issue, he was thinking and privately asking others for advice on a GM.
2. Why choose the chicken little analogy? The sky isn't falling, it fell about 8 years ago. It really doesn't get much worst than what we had in the Yorks in NFL terms.
3. It may be the Yorks team financially, but without us there is no them. And the way I see it, they are renting the Niners. They could take "their team" anywhere they want, but I promise you the 9er name wont follow.
4. Stop eating at the restraunt? Easier said than done if the restraunt is the only one in town and there isn't a supermarket.

You're right, there isn't another football team in the Bay Area and chicken little is because certain people tend to over exaggerate tiny things...

A losing ownership with a track record of saying one thing and doing another is not a "tiny thing." So if you want to pull the chicken little card, just admit it's not relavent to this thread.
P.S. F-uck the Raiders! I"m a multi-generational Niner fan. As far as I'm concerned the Niners are the only restraunt in town.

fine, chicken little reference is no longer.
come on though, who here has any real knowledge of how this GM process is going down, please stand up and tell me...
Real info, not what you think...[/
quote]

Dude, this is just a 49er fan forum amongst a billion other webpages in cyber space. Ultimately, nobody cares about what we think on an individual basis, that is why I have the luxury of being a fan and expressing how I feel without any repocussions (spelling?). Obviously, if I worked at major network or was a beat writer I would do a lot more homework before sharing my thoughts. However, if you haven't noticed, almost everybody in the professional media is pretty much saying the same thing.

that's the thing, i have no problems with opinions, hell opinions are what make this world interesting. i have a problem with people making it personal, i hate to read that someone called Jed a retard and stuff like that, it sad and pathetic. when i read it, it sounds like people are jealous of a guy who has done nothing wrong, it sounds like the people that make those comments are failures in their own right and just looking to lash out in a stupid way.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Yet -- if he hires Baalke -- the title of this thread is true.

Jed is an empty suit. Get ready for another decade or more of losing football.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."

Leave the logo and GTFO.

They can just change the logo to say "LA". It shouldn't be that difficult. Even if they didn't take the name, logo, and colors, they can still take the history and trophies. The Colts, Rams, and SuperSonics did.
Originally posted by area49:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."

Leave the logo and GTFO.

They can just change the logo to say "LA". It shouldn't be that difficult. Even if they didn't take the name, logo, and colors, they can still take the history and trophies. The Colts, Rams, and SuperSonics did.

Like I said, leave the logo and go. BTW, they can never take the history with them; that history will always belong to SF. HIstory is not an object to take. If they want to turn their back on this fan base, that has been supporting them for all these years, then, they don't deserve such loyalty.
I really like Baalke and Harbaugh

Only York could make such a mess of a good decision.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

How about if Harbaugh decides to stay put or go somewhere. What is the alternative then? Just asking.

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Like I said, leave the logo and go. BTW, they can never take the history with them; that history will always belong to SF. HIstory is not an object to take. If they want to turn their back on this fan base, that has been supporting them for all these years, then, they don't deserve such loyalty.

How can they "never take the history with them"? I mean, they can take the trophies, can't they? If they can take the trophies, why can't they take the history?

How about if Harbaugh decides to stay put or go somewhere. What is the alternative then? Just asking.

Originally posted by fakers23:
Jason La Canfora thinks were going to end up with Mike Sherman or Mornhinweg as head coach if Baakle GM.. Ugh!

"@moundman I don't see either there, no. Mornhinweg would be my guess now. Maybe Mike Sherman"

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Originally posted by fakers23:
Jason La Canfora thinks were going to end up with Mike Sherman or Mornhinweg as head coach if Baakle GM.. Ugh!

"@moundman I don't see either there, no. Mornhinweg would be my guess now. Maybe Mike Sherman"

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

I'm all for giving Jed a break but if they hire either of these 2 clowns, I will jump on the hate bandwagon.

Leave the logo and GTFO.

How can they "never take the history with them"? I mean, they can take the trophies, can't they? If they can take the trophies, why can't they take the history?

Because the history is not an object to take with them. That history belongs to SF and not LA or any other place they choose to go. As for the trophies, yes they can take them and if it comes to that, then i have to say, let em go.

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Because the history is not an object to take with them. That history belongs to SF and not LA or any other place they choose to go. As for the trophies, yes they can take them and if it comes to that, then i have to say, let em go.

Remember how stupid it sounded when the national media kept saying that this is the first time the Giants have won the world series since NY. Everyone in SF was like, WTF! This is the Giants first World Series, period.

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Remember how stupid it sounded when the national media kept saying that this is the first time the Giants have won the world series since NY. Everyone in SF was like, WTF! This is the Giants first World Series, period.
Again, if they want to turn their backs on us, then they can go. People will always remember the five SB wins as the SF 49ers victories. Just leave the "SF" logo behind.

Total PR move from the start. I can't believe I fell for it.

"Money is no object, we would prefer a GM with experience." A bunch of BS.

[ Edited by Hopper on Dec 29, 2010 at 20:41:04 ]
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

It's a good thing you're NOT the owner because you'd end up selling peanuts to yourself in the stands.

People have the right to complain especially when they think that they're being taken for a ride!

Then get off the ride, it's that simple...

When was the last time you heard a store manager or a restaurant manager say " If you don't like it here, then DON'T come back.

How long do you think they'd stay in business?

I work for a meat company that deliveries to plenty of restaurants, if you don't like it then someone else will. the customer is no one special, they're just a number, it's life and fact...

And your job is: I'll bet it's not selling their product and what do you think would happen if you were to tell one of their customer to go blow? Try it and see what happens!

i have and then i went right on to the next account, you see, when you have a product that people want it sells it self. you apparently think that you are valuable, what do you think would happen if you stopped rooting for the niners? go ahead, try it and see what happens!

They won't feel a thing, your number can be #726...

Yeah, like I believe that. If you were my employee you'd find yourself in the unemployment line!

All fans/customers are valuable! Obviously you don't believe that! Wonder if your boss knows how you feel about their customers?

And oh by the way ... be ready to get a warning (if not banned) for calling out the people who run this site.

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 29, 2010 at 20:50:54 ]