There are 241 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldRushGirl:
Originally posted by 190836:
From what I have been reading tonight Jed is smarter than SanDiego49er and Lowell Cohn together.

He is going to get it, this takes experiance and some time. He is now getting both, 49ers will be alright. Two years in were was Eddie D at when he had the team handed to him.

Go polish your nails little girl.

WHY DON'T YOU GO PULL THAT SICK OUT OF YOUR A$$

You forgot to put a D instead of an S
nothin is wrong with Baalke bein GM. It puts someone who is capable, maybe new but capable and already rather highly respected around the league. MOST importantly, it keeps continuity and someone that has been around the team at the helm. (HE also, has made moves that already have begun to pay off) NEWAYS, Its about the COACH, the COACH is what lost us the playoffs this year, and his assistants and his coordinators......the COACH. I am GOOD with Balke now when he brings in GRUDEN, then i will be GREAT. Its about who Balke brings in NOTHING else.
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Yet -- if he hires Baalke -- the title of this thread is true.

Jed is an empty suit. Get ready for another decade or more of losing football.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."

Leave the logo and GTFO.

They can just change the logo to say "LA". It shouldn't be that difficult. Even if they didn't take the name, logo, and colors, they can still take the history and trophies. The Colts, Rams, and SuperSonics did.

Like I said, leave the logo and go. BTW, they can never take the history with them; that history will always belong to SF. HIstory is not an object to take. If they want to turn their back on this fan base, that has been supporting them for all these years, then, they don't deserve such loyalty.

How can they "never take the history with them"? I mean, they can take the trophies, can't they? If they can take the trophies, why can't they take the history?

Because the history is not an object to take with them. That history belongs to SF and not LA or any other place they choose to go. As for the trophies, yes they can take them and if it comes to that, then i have to say, let em go.

So, it will be the 0-time Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers? Or the 5-time champion Los Angeles 49ers? Or the 5-time champion Los Angeles Cougars?
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

It's a good thing you're NOT the owner because you'd end up selling peanuts to yourself in the stands.

People have the right to complain especially when they think that they're being taken for a ride!

Then get off the ride, it's that simple...

When was the last time you heard a store manager or a restaurant manager say " If you don't like it here, then DON'T come back.

How long do you think they'd stay in business?

I work for a meat company that deliveries to plenty of restaurants, if you don't like it then someone else will. the customer is no one special, they're just a number, it's life and fact...

And your job is: I'll bet it's not selling their product and what do you think would happen if you were to tell one of their customer to go blow? Try it and see what happens!

i have and then i went right on to the next account, you see, when you have a product that people want it sells it self. you apparently think that you are valuable, what do you think would happen if you stopped rooting for the niners? go ahead, try it and see what happens!

They won't feel a thing, your number can be #726...

Yeah, like I believe that. If you were my employee you'd find yourself in the unemployment line!

All fans/customers are valuable! Obviously you don't believe that! Wonder if your boss knows how you feel about their customers?

And oh by the way ... be ready to get a warning (if not banned) for calling out the people who run this site.

and like i believe that someone as incompetent as you could manage anyone. this make believe world that you live in, where is it, and is the sun always shining? you honestly think that an origination such as the Niners need "fans" like you and the handful of people who constantly cry and complain about the product? asking for something that you can not have (the 80's and 90's back). The league is different and we have a person in charge who is, for all we know, doing what he thinks is best for his (his family's) investment. They can't just throw money at every problem they have, they aren't magical gonna get Joe, Bill, Steve or Ronnie back, and Eddie D sure as hell ain't coming through those doors anymore. Enjoy it for what it is, football, no more, no less. The personal BS that people shoot out is sad and ridiculous, and there is no need when voicing ones opinion.

and yeah, you are right about one thing. you never tell a customer that they're just a number, but it is still a fact. customers are a number, they along with us are easily replaced with another after another. the San Francisco 49ers have been here with us and will be here without us. we fight and argue for nothing more than amusement and boredom...
  • Veteran
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."

Leave the logo and GTFO.

They can just change the logo to say "LA". It shouldn't be that difficult. Even if they didn't take the name, logo, and colors, they can still take the history and trophies. The Colts, Rams, and SuperSonics did.

Like I said, leave the logo and go. BTW, they can never take the history with them; that history will always belong to SF. HIstory is not an object to take. If they want to turn their back on this fan base, that has been supporting them for all these years, then, they don't deserve such loyalty.

How can they "never take the history with them"? I mean, they can take the trophies, can't they? If they can take the trophies, why can't they take the history?

Because the history is not an object to take with them. That history belongs to SF and not LA or any other place they choose to go. As for the trophies, yes they can take them and if it comes to that, then i have to say, let em go.

So, it will be the 0-time Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers? Or the 5-time champion Los Angeles 49ers? Or the 5-time champion Los Angeles Cougars?
Would it really matter? It will always be SF 49ers the 5 times SB champions.
What would happen if we all found out that Eddie D told Jed to hire Baalke? My guess is this place would effing implode!!!
Originally posted by jimrat201:
From what I have been reading tonight Jed is smarter than SanDiego49er and Lowell Cohn together.

He is going to get it, this takes experiance and some time. He is now getting both, 49ers will be alright. Two years in were was Eddie D at when he had the team handed to him.

You forgot to put a D instead of an S

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Would it really matter? It will always be SF 49ers the 5 times SB champions.

So, let's say they take the name, trophies and everything to Los Angeles and then SF gets a new franchise. We'll be the 0-time champion San Francisco Programmers or something?
  • Veteran

Now go polish your toes.
He is smarter then what most of the people on here think.
He also graduated from the University of Notre Dame earning a Bachelor of Arts in Finance and History

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What would happen if we all found out that Eddie D told Jed to hire Baalke? My guess is this place would effing implode!!!

that couldn't, that wouldn't, that shouldn't ever happen...

but it might have...

Now go polish your toes.

Get a room you two.

OK, I'm a hater. I wish I had a Goldrush Girl....

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 29, 2010 at 21:35:26 ]
  • bret
  • Veteran
Why do people have their panties in a bunch over this? If Jed wanted Baalke from the get-go, he still had to comply with the Rooney Rule, which would have seemed pretty ridiculous if he'd broadcast all over the place that he already had his man! He wasn't lying to pull the wool over the fans' eyes, but to make a plausible case that he had complied.

I was pretty hopeful about Baalke. McCloughan got himself into a box over "bigger is better". Baalke recognized the need for speed, and though it really didn't work out, adding Ted Ginn was worth the price and a step in the right direction. And the additions of Mays and Bowman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were a turn away from large, strong, average speed guys we were getting before. They may or may not turn out to be good players, but they at least have potential to be better than average!

My concern is that Baalke got worked in the draft. He was afraid Dallas was going to move up to take Davis (when it turns out Davis wasn't even on their board). It cost us a 4th. He needs to improve in areas like working the draft.
Originally posted by bret:
Why do people have their panties in a bunch over this? If Jed wanted Baalke from the get-go, he still had to comply with the Rooney Rule, which would have seemed pretty ridiculous if he'd broadcast all over the place that he already had his man! He wasn't lying to pull the wool over the fans' eyes, but to make a plausible case that he had complied.

I was pretty hopeful about Baalke. McCloughan got himself into a box over "bigger is better". Baalke recognized the need for speed, and though it really didn't work out, adding Ted Ginn was worth the price and a step in the right direction. And the additions of Mays and Bowman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were a turn away from large, strong, average speed guys we were getting before. They may or may not turn out to be good players, but they at least have potential to be better than average!

My concern is that Baalke got worked in the draft. He was afraid Dallas was going to move up to take Davis (when it turns out Davis wasn't even on their board). It cost us a 4th. He needs to improve in areas like working the draft.

haha after watching dallas and that oline all season he should have been number 1 on that board!!! Jerry Jones doesn't have a clue on how to build a team, man needs to check his ego at the door cause it's killing his pocket book!
He is smarter then what most of the people on here think.
He also graduated from the University of Notre Dame earning a Bachelor of Arts in Finance and History

Alex Smith is smarter than Philip Rivers and still had his ass handed to him. What is your point?

And who cares if he graduated from Notre Dame, all you have to do is get in and pay your bills and you will graduate.
Share 49ersWebzone