There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Team News - POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!

I am sick and tired of constantly seeing negative comments in WZ!

Jed York has, IMHO, made excellent strides toward fixing the many things wrong with this team. He has displayed poise and candor in his recent interviews. He is taking a smart road toward hiring a GM, speaking with such pundits as Jonathan Kraft and Bill Parcels.

He is not providing direct answers to the media about those with whom he has spoken (which I think is a good thing, because the fans here take whatever he says and turn it into a negative).

As a businessman and 49er fan, I believe Jed is doing what is best for the team. He is working closely with Eddie D. (and rather than acknowledge him for that, the naysayers claim that is just a ruse).

He is speaking with Bill Parcells and Jonathan Kraft (and rather than give him points for doing so, the naysayers claim it shows that Jed is inexperienced).

Well, Jed is inexperienced! That's the reality! So deal with it!

I, for one, believe he is doing an exemplary job handling the situation. He did not wait to fire Sing (and I applaud him for that). He is not waiting to start interviewing GM prospects (and I applaud him for that). He has honestly acknowledged that he will consider Trent Baalke as GM (which is appropriate, considering that Baalke has been the de facto GM for the past year).

Yet the naysayers now insist that Baalke will be the next GM and that doing so is a horrible move, despite the fact that Jed - who has appeared honest so far - says he has not yet decided on the new GM.

I started this thread for those who think Jed is doing a good job so far to have a forum where they are not shouted down by the incessant and constant naysaying that goes on here.

If I didn't know better (and sometimes I think I don't), I would think this web site is for 49er haters, not fans!

So let's hear t from those among you who believe that Jed is doing a good job starting his restructuring of the team. Thank you.
He fired Sing...it's a start
If Trent can't lure Harbaugh by Sunday night, I hope Jed moves in a different direction than Baalke. I hope he sent him to Miami and said, "If you want the GM, you have to get a verbal agreement from Jim".

B/c by league rules Jed can start requesting interviews my members on NFL teams after the games on Sunday and for those teams that have first round byes (Patriots).
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yeah. That's my point. At least, firing Sing was a good thing. We can acknowledge him for that!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

Yeah. That's my point. At least, firing Sing was a good thing. We can acknowledge him for that!

but did he really have any other option
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If Trent can't lure Harbaugh by Sunday night, I hope Jed moves in a different direction than Baalke. I hope he sent him to Miami and said, "If you want the GM, you have to get a verbal agreement from Jim".

B/c by league rules Jed can start requesting interviews my members on NFL teams after the games on Sunday and for those teams that have first round byes (Patriots).

Word is that he has scheduled an interview with Michael Lombardi, who may be an excellent GM!
He needs to NOT resign Alex Smith.

but did he really have any other option

No, but he could have waited till the end of the season, and many people thought he would do so. I think his preemptive move to fire Sing shows that Jed is serious about fixing this team.

He also called last week's team play "inept", which is honest enough to lead me to believe he is really going to make (hopefully good) changes happen.
yorks need to sell the team

Word is that he has scheduled an interview with Michael Lombardi, who may be an excellent GM!

thats good because listing to Maiocco, and KNBR, they make it seem like its a done deal that Baalke is the new GM and that he is in Miami now because Stanford is there for the Orange Bowl.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Won't happen. Next idea?
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Won't happen. Next idea?

where is angel of death when i need him

thats good because listing to Maiocco, and KNBR, they make it seem like its a done deal that Baalke is the new GM and that he is in Miami now because Stanford is there for the Orange Bowl.

this is what I"m talking about: http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/20246889408495617
Hiring Harbaugh to become the new head coach of the 49ers is the only way I'll see this GM "search" as a positive.

Otherwise, from what I can tell, this is just more of the same incompetence.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Hiring Harbaugh to become the new head coach of the 49ers is the only way I'll see this GM "search" as a positive.

Otherwise, from what I can tell, this is just more of the same incompetence.

Then how about waiting to see what happens before you ascribe doom to the team? Is that too much to ask? (I guess it is).