There are 152 users in the forums

Team News - POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
If Trent can't lure Harbaugh by Sunday night, I hope Jed moves in a different direction than Baalke. I hope he sent him to Miami and said, "If you want the GM, you have to get a verbal agreement from Jim".

B/c by league rules Jed can start requesting interviews my members on NFL teams after the games on Sunday and for those teams that have first round byes (Patriots).

Word is that he has scheduled an interview with Michael Lombardi, who may be an excellent GM!

That's good because listing to Maiocco, and KNBR, they make it seem like its a done deal that Baalke is the new GM and that he is in Miami now because Stanford is there for the Orange Bowl.

this is what I"m talking about: http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/20246889408495617

What I notice as a journalist is that nobody, to my knowledge, has asked Lombardi why he said that, and Lombardi has not yet made a statement about it.

Therefore, it is just a rumor... why do you make determinations based on rumor? Are you that shallow?
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Hiring Harbaugh to become the new head coach of the 49ers is the only way I'll see this GM "search" as a positive.

Otherwise, from what I can tell, this is just more of the same incompetence.

Then how about waiting to see what happens before you ascribe doom to the team? Is that too much to ask? (I guess it is).

Pretty much.

When you're used to doom, all you can predict is doom.

Unless you can find some positives with the current management in the last 10 years?

Didn't think so... and it's not like there is any solid indicator of that changing.

BUT, like I said, I'll be extremely positive if Harbagh is the next guy to coach my team. Despite whomever they hire to be the GM.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Dec 29, 2010 at 15:24:26 ]
Come on, it is way too early to give the Yorks any credit for anything.

Firing the worst coach in the league? Well, sure, weeks after other teams fired their coaches. And, with one week remaining! Ooooh, bold move young Prince!

Of course this prevented any real analysis of the player and coaches in a non-Singlecell environment. This sure doesn't help identify players who may have been buried by Singlecell or to shine the light on coaches who may be very talented.

What this means is that the one positive thing the Yorks did, they did poorly.

So, there are some promising promises, so that is my positive feedback.

[ Edited by carlgo on Dec 29, 2010 at 15:36:51 ]
Originally posted by carlgo:

Firing the worst coach in the league? Well, sure, weeks after other teams fired their coaches. And, with one week remaining! Ooooh, bold move young Prince!

Of course this prevented any real analysis of the player and coaches in a non-Singlecell environment. This sure doesn't help identify players who may have been buried by Singlecell or to shine the light on coaches who may be very talented.

well done.

Here is mine. Nobody has died at 4949 Centennial today!!!!! Awesome work Jed.
Hiring Harbaugh to become the new head coach of the 49ers is the only way I'll see this GM "search" as a positive.

This.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by carlgo:

well done.

Here is mine. Nobody has died at 4949 Centennial today!!!!! Awesome work Jed.

Man, you are hopeless!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I like yours better.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
This post is a joke. How can you possibly defend the track record of a team that could not break .500 for 8 seasons straight. Jed is doing a crappy job and there's nothing in his history that would suggest things will change. Yeah he fired Mike Singletary, but a brainless fool could've made that decision. One could argue that he waited about 10 games too late. So stop telling people he's doing a good job, he's obviously not.

Then how about waiting to see what happens before you ascribe doom to the team? Is that too much to ask? (I guess it is).

Pretty much.

When you're used to doom, all you can predict is doom.

Unless you can find some positives with the current management in the last 10 years?

Didn't think so... and it's not like there is any solid indicator of that changing.

BUT, like I said, I'll be extremely positive if Harbagh is the next guy to coach my team. Despite whomever they hire to be the GM.

Pretty much. I'll be more than happy to be positive when there's actually something to be positive about. After all these years of failure, I want to see more than obvious moves like firing the coach. I'll be positive depending on who replaces Sing, what gm is hired, how they draft, and how we look next season. That may sound like a lot to you eternal optimist, but with the way things have been going around here, our FO has a lot to prove.
Originally posted by nooj:
This post is a joke. How can you possibly defend the track record of a team that could not break .500 for 8 seasons straight. Jed is doing a crappy job and there's nothing in his history that would suggest things will change. Yeah he fired Mike Singletary, but a brainless fool could've made that decision. One could argue that he waited about 10 games too late. So stop telling people he's doing a good job, he's obviously not.

Nobody here is saying that the poor choices made by Jed are not poor choices.

However, what he has done in the past - at the ripe old age of 29 - is not necessarily reflective of the rest of his decisions. To the contrary,. I see him doing good things since and including the firing of Sing.

I think we should acknowledge the good things he does; that's all.

You naysayers think nothing that anybody in this organization ever does could be good.

Who is making more sense, I ask you? Certainly not you.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

As a moderator, don't you ever get tired of the constant bashing of every decision anybody in this organization ever makes?

It simply is not true to say that nobody on the 94ers ever does anything worthwhile... that is just not true.

Doesn't the insanity of the constant negativity in the WZ get to you?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
yorks need to sell the team

Won't happen. Next idea?

where is angel of death when i need him

To quote Bluto; " I suggest you start driving heavily"
Me likes Carlgo's post. Hammer squarely on head of nail!
Share 49ersWebzone