LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Team News - POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Very happy to take up the a** by the Yorks. Again.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Jed York: He's not Hitler.

This is a positive statement. Well-done!!
Tim Kawakami :
Immense long shot, obviously, but looks like if 49ers lose Sunday and Buffalo, Denver & Cincinnati win, 49ers end up drafting #2 overall.

We might pick 2nd!
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

This is a positive statement. Well-done!!

Jed York = Not Hitler

Definitely on the right path.

But his father looks like Jim King Il.

I am so positive today that I plan to sing "We are the World 25 - for the 49ers".

Anyone care to join?

[Jed York & Trent Baalke]
There comes a time
When we heed a certain call
[Ralph Barbieri]
When the world must come together as one
[Paraag]
There are players hurting
[Jim Tomsula]
And it’s time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all
[Mike Johnson]
We can’t go on
Pretending day by day
[Greg Manusky]
that someone, somehow will soon make a change
[Gold Rush Girls]
We are all a part of
God’s great big family
And the truth, you know love is all we need

To all ‘newer-generation’ 49er fans and older fans – some perspective on the current times:

This is my first time posting, as you can see (go ahead w/ the ‘Noob’ comments). In fact, I’ve never posted anything on any blog. I don’t know how people find the time. Anyway, after seeing all the incredibly speculative, back-and-forth posts about the 49ers and the team’s uncertain future/leadership direction, etc., I wanted to add some perspective from an ‘older’ 49ers fan and a football fan that puts the sport at a level above all other sports. I’ve been a loyal fan of the team, through thick and thin, since 1976 when I was very little. I’ve seen Monte Clark as HC, I’ve seen the 2-14 years, and I vividly remember the DeBerg-Montana QB rotation (who remembers the slogan, ‘Roarin’ Back’?). The Walsh-DeBartolo (and McVay) years that followed brought us the best Niners football ever and maybe the best ever in the NFL.

Now, we’re moving into yet another coaching/leadership era for the team in the post-Walsh-DeBartolo years. From what I’ve been reading on Niner Talk, there’s a lot of panicking and jumping to conclusions going on, along with a lot of negativity. I understand this somewhat due to the most recent years of the team losing and the uncertainty from the top down within the organization. But remember this: The bottom line is you have to have faith in your team and don’t put too much into what you read in the media – the media’s job is to create ‘interesting’ stories and in many cases to jump to their own conclusions that lend to sensationalized journalism (and thus, a perceived more interesting read). What has been happening in the past weeks/months behind the scenes and also what is actually happening right now is something which we have no idea – only Jed York and maybe a few others know, not the media. From what I can tell, Jed seems like a very intelligent person and I really believe he’s fulfilling his duties now as President of the team and that his title is not superficial, and also that he will find some of the top football minds to take over and run things as GM, HC, etc. When it comes to paying for what is needed going forward, I believe he will have that ability no matter what anyone says about John and Denise. I mean, think about it: First off, and for the sake of getting a new stadium built and keeping the 49ers in SF, he needs to show to all 49er fans that he is committed to turning this franchise around into a winner and that he will take the necessary steps to do that (i.e., money spent on right coaches, right GM, right new players, right current players, etc.). He is learning somewhat as he goes since he is young, but he’s showing the internal fortitude and intelligence to reach out to experienced football minds to seek advice on re-shaping this franchise from the top down. He cares…he has a history, obviously, with the team and he’s shown how he wants to keep the team in SF and now he’s trying to be smart about putting together the winning pieces.

Also, there are a whole lot of great football people out there who want the 49ers to get back on track and succeed. Besides Eddie D., there’s a legion of former players and coaches out there that have personal ties to the team…if there’s an opportunity, they’ll lend any help they can. There’s the NFL…it realizes the 49ers created quite a following from their dominant dynasty in the ‘80s and much of the ‘90s (who will ever again win 18 straight road games?)…from a pure dollars and cents standpoint, they would like to see the team stay right where they’ve established themselves, in SF, and would also like to see them get back to winning.

This post is very long, I know. My main points to all 49er fans: Give Jed York a chance (a second chance, I know, after Singletary), don’t rush to conclusions so fast, and above all, have faith and stick with this team. True 49er Faithful have always had faith in their team, through the best and worst of times.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
He fired Sing...it's a start

The only positive I see so far.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
To all ‘newer-generation’ 49er fans and older fans – some perspective on the current times:

This is my first time posting, as you can see (go ahead w/ the ‘Noob’ comments). In fact, I’ve never posted anything on any blog. I don’t know how people find the time. Anyway, after seeing all the incredibly speculative, back-and-forth posts about the 49ers and the team’s uncertain future/leadership direction, etc., I wanted to add some perspective from an ‘older’ 49ers fan and a football fan that puts the sport at a level above all other sports. I’ve been a loyal fan of the team, through thick and thin, since 1976 when I was very little. I’ve seen Monte Clark as HC, I’ve seen the 2-14 years, and I vividly remember the DeBerg-Montana QB rotation (who remembers the slogan, ‘Roarin’ Back’?). The Walsh-DeBartolo (and McVay) years that followed brought us the best Niners football ever and maybe the best ever in the NFL.

Now, we’re moving into yet another coaching/leadership era for the team in the post-Walsh-DeBartolo years. From what I’ve been reading on Niner Talk, there’s a lot of panicking and jumping to conclusions going on, along with a lot of negativity. I understand this somewhat due to the most recent years of the team losing and the uncertainty from the top down within the organization. But remember this: The bottom line is you have to have faith in your team and don’t put too much into what you read in the media – the media’s job is to create ‘interesting’ stories and in many cases to jump to their own conclusions that lend to sensationalized journalism (and thus, a perceived more interesting read). What has been happening in the past weeks/months behind the scenes and also what is actually happening right now is something which we have no idea – only Jed York and maybe a few others know, not the media. From what I can tell, Jed seems like a very intelligent person and I really believe he’s fulfilling his duties now as President of the team and that his title is not superficial, and also that he will find some of the top football minds to take over and run things as GM, HC, etc. When it comes to paying for what is needed going forward, I believe he will have that ability no matter what anyone says about John and Denise. I mean, think about it: First off, and for the sake of getting a new stadium built and keeping the 49ers in SF, he needs to show to all 49er fans that he is committed to turning this franchise around into a winner and that he will take the necessary steps to do that (i.e., money spent on right coaches, right GM, right new players, right current players, etc.). He is learning somewhat as he goes since he is young, but he’s showing the internal fortitude and intelligence to reach out to experienced football minds to seek advice on re-shaping this franchise from the top down. He cares…he has a history, obviously, with the team and he’s shown how he wants to keep the team in SF and now he’s trying to be smart about putting together the winning pieces.

Also, there are a whole lot of great football people out there who want the 49ers to get back on track and succeed. Besides Eddie D., there’s a legion of former players and coaches out there that have personal ties to the team…if there’s an opportunity, they’ll lend any help they can. There’s the NFL…it realizes the 49ers created quite a following from their dominant dynasty in the ‘80s and much of the ‘90s (who will ever again win 18 straight road games?)…from a pure dollars and cents standpoint, they would like to see the team stay right where they’ve established themselves, in SF, and would also like to see them get back to winning.

This post is very long, I know. My main points to all 49er fans: Give Jed York a chance (a second chance, I know, after Singletary), don’t rush to conclusions so fast, and above all, have faith and stick with this team. True 49er Faithful have always had faith in their team, through the best and worst of times.

Welcome Aboard. Thanks for posting. As someone who has been following the team for just as long as you if not longer (remember the term 49er Gold Rush referred to our pass rush and not the cheerleading team?) -- I remember the good and the bad too.

But -- old man -- if I may call you that -- or brother-in-arms -- we've never seen anything like this. The Niners may have fielded some wretched teams in the 70's -- but they also fielded some playoff teams as well.

Today's fan base is dealing with the ownership of the York family. We didn't have to deal with that anchor. It's akin to getting into a fistfight with Mike Tyson with both hands tied behind your back. We've had no chance under this ownership. They have bumbled and stumbled to the point where we are the laughingstock of the league.

That is why you find gloom and pessimism right now. The good news is: the Yorks are starting over. The bad news is: the Yorks are starting over.

See what I mean?

We used to be good.
Micheal Crabtree hasn't turned out to be the b***h I thought he would be.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Micheal Crabtree hasn't turned out to be the b***h I thought he would be.
Yeah but he sucks so it doesnt matter anyway
Jethro is a wanker, but he looks like a ladies man! Positive enough fer ya?
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Jethro is a wanker, but he looks like a ladies man! Positive enough fer ya?

I bet he plays a wicked flute too.
Share 49ersWebzone