LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Alex Smith named the starter for week 17, Willis will miss his first game ever

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I suggest that we boo Smith whenever he throws a touchdown in this game, and cheer whenever he f*cks up. Will be a not so subtle hint that we don't appreciate him screwing up our draft position.
Originally posted by 2Good4MyOwnGood:
I suggest that we boo Smith whenever he throws a touchdown in this game, and cheer whenever he f*cks up. Will be a not so subtle hint that we don't appreciate him screwing up our draft position.

he will just keep throwing TD's in this game. Arizona has been throwing the season for a while now.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Chief:
Alex Smith will play and Patrick Willis won't, sweet!!

We might lose after all, yah baby!

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

It'll be his last gift for those goofballs who plan to boo him...

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.

If Johnson wants to come back next year he needs to do that.

fixed

I know it's only one week but it would have been cool to see Johnson's offense without the "shackles" of Singletary all season. Oh well.

we might actually see that. The sad thing is it will just show us what could have been. Hell Manusky might actually grow some balls too.

No it won't. The Cardinals are just a horrible team just like Seattle was. We will dominate them regardless of who is at QB.

Opening the playbook will put on points just like running the ball down their throats like Singletary wanted put on points the last time we played them. Their defense is HORRIBLE and this game will have zero affect on what "could of" happened the rest of the games. We own Arizona whether we have jimmy raye calling plays (last year) or Mike Johnson calling them . We don't show up in big games period. Never have in the 8 years we have struggled and we even had Martz as our OC. We just don't make plays when they are suppose to be mad against GOOD teams. Versus "bad" teams, especially playing at home, we make plays MOST of the time. This game will prove nothing
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

he will just keep throwing TD's in this game. Arizona has been throwing the season for a while now.

They just beat the Cowboys....

I watched the game... they wanted to win. Well, the defense certainly did, anyway.
Originally posted by Sims84:

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.

fixed

I know it's only one week but it would have been cool to see Johnson's offense without the "shackles" of Singletary all season. Oh well.

we might actually see that. The sad thing is it will just show us what could have been. Hell Manusky might actually grow some balls too.

No it won't. The Cardinals are just a horrible team just like Seattle was. We will dominate them regardless of who is at QB.

Opening the playbook will put on points just like running the ball down their throats like Singletary wanted put on points the last time we played them. Their defense is HORRIBLE and this game will have zero affect on what "could of" happened the rest of the games. We own Arizona whether we have jimmy raye calling plays (last year) or Mike Johnson calling them . We don't show up in big games period. Never have in the 8 years we have struggled and we even had Martz as our OC. We just don't make plays when they are suppose to be mad against GOOD teams. Versus "bad" teams, especially playing at home, we make plays MOST of the time. This game will prove nothing

I was referring to an aggressive offense and aggressive defense. We played timid and scared with Sing as the coach.

fixed

I was referring to an aggressive offense and aggressive defense. We played timid and scared with Sing as the coach.

not versus Arizona we didn't. Our defense has DOMINATED Arizona's offense the past two years. That seems like the only time Clements and Spencer are at the LOS getting physical with the opposing teams WR's. Shaun Hill, Alex, and Troy have all beat AZ the best two seasons so this game will prove nothing. They suck and suck even more when playing on the road. David Carr can go into this game and make enough plays to win it. This game will show absolutely nothing about what "could have been". We just happen to match up EXTREMELY well with Arizona. It's just one of those things man

fixed

not versus Arizona we didn't. Our defense has DOMINATED Arizona's offense the past two years. That seems like the only time Clements and Spencer are at the LOS getting physical with the opposing teams WR's. Shaun Hill, Alex, and Troy have all beat AZ the best two seasons so this game will prove nothing. They suck and suck even more when playing on the road. David Carr can go into this game and make enough plays to win it. This game will show absolutely nothing about what "could have been". We just happen to match up EXTREMELY well with Arizona. It's just one of those things man

our defense dominating their offense had nothing to do with being aggressive. Like you said, we just matched up with them. If we come out blitzing a lot and get out of that soft zone defense crap. If we come out in the spread. That is the aggressiveness that could have been.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

They just beat the Cowboys....

I watched the game... they wanted to win. Well, the defense certainly did, anyway.

Defense played well against the Cowboys (although they still gave up 26 points ) but also played the cowboys 3rd string QB for half of the game due to Kitna's injury.

Their offense still looked like sh*t (Skelton 11/25 183 yards 1 TD which makes his completion percentage worse than Troy's and we all know what the consensus on Troy has been so if he sucked, Skelton definitely sucked, Running backs combined for 70 yards) and they were at home. Arizona will get destroyed in this game like they normally have when the play the 49ers recently

fixed

our defense dominating their offense had nothing to do with being aggressive. Like you said, we just matched up with them. If we come out blitzing a lot and get out of that soft zone defense crap. If we come out in the spread. That is the aggressiveness that could have been.

I'm just saying that this game will prove nothing when comparing it to other games. Our personnel do not show up in big games period and never make a play when they are suppose to. This game will be just like the Seattle game, just the 1st Rams game, just like the 2nd half of the Broncos game. When we play "good" teams like we did at the beginning of the year, our personnel do not makes plays. When we play "bad" teams, especially at home, we figure out a way to "look" dominate but we aren't
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Willis could have and would have played if the division was still on the line. Now with the #2 overall pick in play, Willis sits and Smith starts.... Tomasula you old dog, you said you were only focused on this game.... I know you're thinking draft position... don't lie to me!
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
i am very concerned they will keep throwing Saint Alex back in the lineup as long as he is on the roster. I won't be able to stop being concerned about him being in the lineup until he is off the team.

Why on earth would you start Alex? Haven't niner fans been tortured enough by this future cfl player?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why give him a chance?

if he does well everyone will just want to resign him???

I woukd rather see Mike Robinson back there

same
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
why give him a chance?

same

You guys realize that Robinson isnt even with the team...?
  • Gabie
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
why give him a chance?

same

You guys realize that Robinson isnt even with the team...?

So? We can be the first team to start another teams player as qb. History right here
Share 49ersWebzone