There are 284 users in the forums

Alex Smith named the starter for week 17, Willis will miss his first game ever

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Chief:
Alex Smith will play and Patrick Willis won't, sweet!!

We might lose after all, yah baby!

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

It'll be his last gift for those goofballs who plan to boo him...

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.

If Johnson wants to come back next year he needs to do that.

fixed

I know it's only one week but it would have been cool to see Johnson's offense without the "shackles" of Singletary all season. Oh well.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
They should put in Troy if they wanna tank.

For reals though they have started David Carr, he's the only guy under contract next year. Give him a shot and see if he's worth keeping as a back up.

He's worth keeping as the water boy
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Chief:
Alex Smith will play and Patrick Willis won't, sweet!!

We might lose after all, yah baby!

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

It'll be his last gift for those goofballs who plan to boo him...

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.

If Johnson wants to come back next year he needs to do that.

fixed

I know it's only one week but it would have been cool to see Johnson's offense without the "shackles" of Singletary all season. Oh well.

we might actually see that. The sad thing is it will just show us what could have been. Hell Manusky might actually grow some balls too.
Originally posted by Court5274:
Some of you people have zero class, this booing of Alex Smith is beyond getting old, iv never felt more embarrassed to be a 49ers fan

Alex Smith is not the reason this team fell to a 5-10 season, so many players on this 49ers team have underachieved, and the secondary is a disaster.

Some of you, hell most of you were booing Alex on the first play of the game against the seahawks, he goes on the throw for 3 Tds in the half and if not for singletary more than likely would have thrown for more

moral of this post, many of you so called friends have zero class, i will wish the best for Alex and given the right people he can be successful in this league

If that is the most embarrassed you've been as a 49er fan over the lat 8 years, you know nothing about football or the 49ers...
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Some of you people have zero class, this booing of Alex Smith is beyond getting old, iv never felt more embarrassed to be a 49ers fan

Alex Smith is not the reason this team fell to a 5-10 season, so many players on this 49ers team have underachieved, and the secondary is a disaster.

Some of you, hell most of you were booing Alex on the first play of the game against the seahawks, he goes on the throw for 3 Tds in the half and if not for singletary more than likely would have thrown for more

moral of this post, many of you so called friends have zero class, i will wish the best for Alex and given the right people he can be successful in this league

If that is the most embarrassed you've been as a 49er fan over the lat 8 years, you know nothing about football or the 49ers...

So because some fans have no class that has an affect on his football knowledge? Yeaaa that makes perfect sense.
Quote:
Alex Smith fought for himself when former 49ers coach Mike Singletary told him he wasn't starting last Sunday's must-win game at St. Louis.

"I don't know how much lobbying I was doing. That's not my job," Smith said Wednesday. "Definitely emotional, frustrated. I definitely voiced my opinion, that's for sure. I wasn't sitting back and taking it."

So because some fans have no class that has an affect on his football knowledge? Yeaaa that makes perfect sense.

Noo, I said there is more to be embarrassed about than people booing Alex Smith...like how horrible the team has been. PERIOD

Noo, I said there is more to be embarrassed about than people booing Alex Smith...like how horrible the team has been. PERIOD

I have to agree with the other guy. Booing a player just because you think he raped your mother and impregnated your sister is classless and shows that the 49er fan base has no class. If this keeps up we will have a reputation like our counterparts across the bay. Yea that is something to be proud of.

I have to agree with the other guy. Booing a player just because you think he raped your mother and impregnated your sister is classless and shows that the 49er fan base has no class. If this keeps up we will have a reputation like our counterparts across the bay. Yea that is something to be proud of.

Hey guess what...they are playing football better than we are...this is not a prep school and I'm embarrassed about how we play the game.

Hey guess what...they are playing football better than we are...this is not a prep school and I'm embarrassed about how we play the game.

that's fine to be embarrassed about the production on the field, but do you really want to add to that embarrassment by being s**t fans too?

that's fine to be embarrassed about the production on the field, but do you really want to add to that embarrassment by being s**t fans too?

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT? I believe it's about playing football...Philly fans boo every play and they win every year...I'd rather be THEM than us...

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT? I believe it's about playing football...Philly fans boo every play and they win every year...I'd rather be THEM than us...

and Philly fans are some of the worst fans in the NFL.

Fine...then we agree that you would rather be a polite fan than win...good for you
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Alex needs continuity! Wait 2 more years with a new OC and then we'll see who sucks!

Fine...then we agree that you would rather be a polite fan than win...good for you

wow way to jump to conclusions. Did I say I enjoyed sucking? Last time I checked it was a big reason for my heavy drinking on Sundays. But I'm not going to embarrass MYSELF!!!! by showing no class. But hey I guess you like having that kind of image(look I can jump to conclusions too!) watchout guys we have a tough guy here.
Share 49ersWebzone