Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

if SD is right I'm not even going to renew my Sunday Ticket!

I am right...

would you consider Harbaugh a budget HC?

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

link please

Apparently from Ann Killion. In the other threads. Maybe from a tweet. Check the threads.

you're the one posting this so why should I or anyone else be the one to research what you are attempting to pass off as fact. Either you have the link or it is just an opinion of yours and that is it. so let's just rephrase this until a link is provided. " I assume that ....bla bla bla."
in a way id rather just clean house completely. get some fresh ideas in here. promoting from within is just keeping things stagnant. maybe Baalke will be the right choice, maybe not.

all i know is, the guys who have been running the show the last few years havent led this team to the playoffs. so im a little concerned when they talk about "cleaning house and starting fresh", but then promoting the guy who was already calling the shots.

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

This is why I don't get why some people are criticizing us acting like we are the only NFL team that wants Harbaugh. Despite what some think your numbers are probably right. A bunch of the NFL teams that will be looking for a HC and probably most (if not all) college teams looking for a HC would love to have him.

Secondly, not so sure why you bring up Paraag? He's done a pretty good job with the cap and contract negotiations.

Also, I am watching the press conference from Monday. I assume that was Cohn asking York about who he is going to talk to and then about Holmgren. I think York made the right choice answering it we will talk to the people we are allowed to talk to right now. Wouldn't that be tampering chargers if he talked about Holmgren?
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

I am right...

link please

Apparently from Ann Killion. In the other threads. Maybe from a tweet. Check the threads.

you're the one posting this so why should I or anyone else be the one to research what you are attempting to pass off as fact. Either you have the link or it is just an opinion of yours and that is it. so let's just rephrase this until a link is provided. " I assume that ....bla bla bla."

Lets review again.

"Apparently..."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apparently

Synonyms: evidently, ostensibly, ostensively, presumably, putatively, seemingly, supposedly, on the surface

I've seen it in the other threads. I didn't originally post it. I haven't claimed it as fact for sure.

You can do the research sweetie. I'm not going to dig through 500 threads for you and Ann Killion tweets, articles, archives. You are plenty capable of that.

I am right...

link please

Lets review again.

"Apparently..."

Synonyms: evidently, ostensibly, ostensively, presumably, putatively, seemingly, supposedly, on the surface

I've seen it in the other threads. I didn't originally post it. I haven't claimed it as fact for sure.

You can do the research sweetie. I'm not going to dig through 500 threads for you and Ann Killion tweets, articles, archives. You are plenty capable of that.

I am right...

lol why are you talking as if you know whats going on...

Jim Harbaugh would be a fantastic NFL coach? based on what? Hes been the Raiders QB coach for 2 years. thats his NFL experience. because Stanford has been successful, and theyre the hometown team, somehow this justifies how hed do in the NFL?

i agree that as long as the same guys stay in charge up top, were going to be bad either way, but everyone whos praying for Jim Harbaugh is out of their mind. previous NFL head coaching success. Jim Harbaugh doesnt have this. college coaches rarely work out in the NFL, and this definitely isnt the system for a college coach to breeze right into the NFL with no experience, and turn it into a winner.

hire Harbaugh, set the team back another 2-3 years, and were talking about hiring a new coach again. "Erickson is going to be great! Nolan is going to be great! Singletary is going to be great!......Harbaugh is going to be great!"

how many times do we have to do this before people realize it doesnt work...

I am right...

link please

Lets review again.

"Apparently..."

Sorry there HUN! but if you can't back up your statement then by all means feel free to not say it. Apparently one of the Matt's said that the Yorks are selling the team back to Eddie D. You see how that works? I have nothing to back up my statement other than an "apparently, evidently, ostensibly, ostensively, presumably, putatively, seemingly, supposedly, on the surface." But hey I read it somewhere so it it's all good. I'm not going to scour the 109654964165049654641 internet pages, articles, blogs or websites for the info. You can do that "SWEETIE"

Look I can play this game too C'mon everyone it's pretty fun to play the SD game.
Pro Football Talk published an article entitled "Baalke considered a lock for niners GM."

However, just because PFT posts it, does not make it so.

PFT is renowned for making false statements.

I believe Baalke is a logical GM candidate to consider; that does not mean Jed will hire him, unless he cannot find anyone better.

Considering Baalke is not the same as hiring Baalke.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I am right...

lol why are you talking as if you know whats going on...

Jim Harbaugh would be a fantastic NFL coach? based on what? Hes been the Raiders QB coach for 2 years. thats his NFL experience. because Stanford has been successful, and theyre the hometown team, somehow this justifies how hed do in the NFL?

i agree that as long as the same guys stay in charge up top, were going to be bad either way, but everyone whos praying for Jim Harbaugh is out of their mind. previous NFL head coaching success. Jim Harbaugh doesnt have this. college coaches rarely work out in the NFL, and this definitely isnt the system for a college coach to breeze right into the NFL with no experience, and turn it into a winner.

hire Harbaugh, set the team back another 2-3 years, and were talking about hiring a new coach again. "Erickson is going to be great! Nolan is going to be great! Singletary is going to be great!......Harbaugh is going to be great!"

how many times do we have to do this before people realize it doesnt work...

~ I never said Erickson, Nolan or Singletary were great. I knew they were terrible.
~ Harbaugh has plenty of pro experience. He played the game.
~ He is offensive minded.
~ He is the best QB developer around.
~ Unike Dingletary he has an actually strategy and gameplan.

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I am right...

link please

Lets review again.

"Apparently..."

If you say you've seen it, you're saying it's a fact. If you're saying it's a fact, you should provide a link.

Just messing with you.

You really can chill out a bit, though. You're reasonable and I agree that the Yorks haven't proven anything. Jed hasn't done anything substantive yet, but hate mongering at this level is a bit extreme. I blame Jed for our failure, too... however, there is no point in assuming anything or spreading rumors that you refuse to verify.

Sit back, relax, eat some popcorn, and enjoy the show. We'll find out eventually. I'm sure that everyone knows your opinion by now, so you'll get credit if you're right.

I am right...

link please

Lets review again.

"Apparently..."

Sorry there HUN! but if you can't back up your statement then by all means feel free to not say it. Apparently one of the Matt's said that the Yorks are selling the team back to Eddie D. You see how that works? I have nothing to back up my statement other than an "apparently, evidently, ostensibly, ostensively, presumably, putatively, seemingly, supposedly, on the surface." But hey I read it somewhere so it it's all good. I'm not going to scour the 109654964165049654641 internet pages, articles, blogs or websites for the info. You can do that "SWEETIE"

Look I can play this game too C'mon everyone it's pretty fun to play the SD game.

[ Edited by Ramp19smoker on Dec 29, 2010 at 01:25:45 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.

Harbaugh was a QB. Not a Singlecell. He's an offensive mind. The best QB develper around. Something we need. When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's there being pro prospects. Nobody guys. They were just coached so far up.

What people don't realize about Luck is while he is indeed good he has a master QB developer with him. That has a huge amount to do with his development. More than people think.

Singletary's idea of QB develpment. QB 1 first quarter. QB 2 second quarter. QB 1 third quarter. QB 2 fourth quarter. When things don't go well yell at QB. See if QB yells back. If yells back put back in game. If all else fails drop pants. There has never been a more clueless QB developer than Dingletary.
I just wanna give up on this team sooooo f**kin bad! But I can't, something inside just won't let me.

I am right...

link please

Yes, I would like to see the link also