LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

if SD is right I'm not even going to renew my Sunday Ticket!

I am right...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
man, i just wish jed would have at least talked to parcells about a HOFO,,,head of football ops, and listened to what he counseled. Jed making the right decision is a poor bet based on his past experience. Man the kid is only 27 y/o. What can you expect from a kid with no experience? it is why i am pessimistic for the future. Planning on jed to do the right thing is a really bad bet. I just envision more of the same. Bad choice, live with it 3-4 yrs, and then do it all over again. What evidence is there that jed has gotten wiser, in football? any? Naw i don't think so either. it is why i have pleaded for a HOFO for 3 yrs, no make that 4 yrs now. But it won't happen. It is too logical, and would be a good learning experience for jed. that's why it won't happen. So a crapshoot is what we are waiting for. Crap.

You got it buddy.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I really hope this rumor is wrong. I like Baalke and would love to retain him as head of player personnel, but hiring yet another inexperienced guy from within the organization is absolutely the wrong way to go at GM.

This team needs to bring in an experienced football man from outside the organization. Someone with a fresh perspective. Someone who's been there and done that. Someone who's well respected and well connected around the league. Someone who has the moral authority to say "Paraag, you don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Promoting Baalke to GM would be more of the same crap we've been getting out of 4949 for eight years now. Same old Yorks; same old BS; same old mediocrity.
Posted this in the GM thread but might as well post here too.

From what I read York said you guys will have more information Sunday. To me that means anybody eliminated from the playoffs or having a 1st round bye in the playoffs can be interviewed then (after their games are over). So what I think it means is he will be announcing who he will be perusing because if he did that now I assume we could get tampering charges brought up on us. I have read that Tim K. and others heard Sunday and thought he would announce the hiring Sunday. I am hoping that isn't the case... I would like to look at Floyd Reese and Nick Caserio of the Patriots at least before making a decision. Possibly Marc Ross of the Giants if they don't make the playoffs. Unfortunately, anyone from the Eagles and Packers won't be able to get interviewed until they are out of the playoffs.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=79944

Quote:
Alljustchance

11:13 PM on December 28, 2010

OK I am calling it right here and now... fast forward to 4 weeks from this date, Jed York announces Trent Balke as new Gm and he then hires Jim Tomsula as new head coach...I can even hear Jed saying " he wanted continuity and these two give the niners the best chance to be in the superbowl hunt year in and out"....Paraag Marathe and Jed sprain each other wrists patting each other on the back for a job well done.
LMAO. I just had to laugh at this comment.
Originally posted by Lifer:
I really hope this rumor is wrong. I like Baalke and would love to retain him as head of player personnel, but hiring yet another inexperienced guy from within the organization is absolutely the wrong way to go at GM.

This team needs to bring in an experienced football man from outside the organization. Someone with a fresh perspective. Someone who's been there and done that. Someone who's well respected and well connected around the league. Someone who has the moral authority to say "Paraag, you don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Promoting Baalke to GM would be more of the same crap we've been getting out of 4949 for eight years now. Same old Yorks; same old BS; same old mediocrity.

Don't tell me that fumbling water bottle press conference had you fooled?...
I wish all of these reporters, writers and fans offering criticism would offer solutions instead. Wonder how many of those people are looking for solutions and researching candidates? A writer or reporter could have more impact than one of us on a message board.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 29, 2010 at 00:24:59 ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I wish all of these reporters, writers and fans offering criticism would solutions instead. Wonder how many of those people are looking for solutions and researching candidates? A writer or reporter could have more impact than one of us on a message board.

Yeah they could. But only Lowell Cohn asks tough questions. The rest just play the York line and go with it. That guy is considered a hater around here. But if you ask me he has a backbone. He'll get in your face and ask whatever he wants. Especially if you screw up continually and deserve tough questions.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Are you referring to the one introducing Tomsula and talking about the GM? Someone mentioned that Jed looked stoned and I said it's probably because they hadn't slept since the night before the Rams game and it was Monday morning correct? I didn't watch the whole conference though, so I didn't see the water bottle fumbling if that's what actually happened.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 29, 2010 at 00:30:39 ]
  • Lifer
  • Veteran

The Eddie DeBartolo interview is what had (or has) me fooled. If Eddie says that Jed has learned from his mistakes, I tend to believe him. I've got no faith in the Yorks, but if Eddie D vouches for Jed, I'm willing to at least wait and see what happens.

It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

I am right...

would you consider Harbaugh a budget HC?
i am okay with this actually

I am right...

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

I am right...

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

link please

I am right...

link please

Apparently from Ann Killion. In the other threads. Maybe from a tweet. Check the threads.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 29, 2010 at 00:46:50 ]
Share 49ersWebzone