LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
man, i just wish jed would have at least talked to parcells about a HOFO,,,head of football ops, and listened to what he counseled. Jed making the right decision is a poor bet based on his past experience. Man the kid is only 27 y/o. What can you expect from a kid with no experience? it is why i am pessimistic for the future. Planning on jed to do the right thing is a really bad bet. I just envision more of the same. Bad choice, live with it 3-4 yrs, and then do it all over again. What evidence is there that jed has gotten wiser, in football? any? Naw i don't think so either. it is why i have pleaded for a HOFO for 3 yrs, no make that 4 yrs now. But it won't happen. It is too logical, and would be a good learning experience for jed. that's why it won't happen. So a crapshoot is what we are waiting for. Crap.
i don't love or hate the signing. i guess i'm content

[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 29, 2010 at 00:04:35 ]
Here is the strange part from my prospective:

The Trent Dillfer positive spin on Baalke as the search was starting and second Ted Robinson making the statement sitting in for Ralph and Tom that Baalke was going to be in the mix for sure.

The whole situation is a load of CRAP if it is true because it is the same old same old. McClougan and Nolan act two, but with a nicer brush stroke GM hires Harbaugh. (Stupid is as Stupid does)

If this is true, and it only fair because this is speculation but their is too much smoke to not raise eyebrows.
Originally posted by YungAce:
i don't love or hate it signing. i guess i'm content

Me too.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i dont know bout that with sunquist and mueller having scheduled interviews
Originally posted by fan49:
i dont know bout that with sunquist and mueller having scheduled interviews

those are token interviews. they happen all the time.
I guess I don't understand why the hiring of Baalke would be a disappointment to some people especially if Harbaugh became coach.

I think all 49ers fans can agree that coaching was a BIG problem this year. Prior to this season, the 49ers were the favorite to win the NFC west, based purely on the talent on this team.

Jed probably believes the current power structure him, Baalke, Paraag, and current roster of players were good enough to be a playoff team this year, except for the HC.

Of course, the Baalke hiring depends on Harbaugh joining him. Otherwise to me, this could blew up in their face if Harbaugh turns them down because it seems no other coaching candidates are being considered.

This is probably how its going to go down.
Sunday - Baalke is hired
Monday - Some Rooney Rule coach is interviewed, and Harbaugh and Stanford play later that night
Tuesday - Harbaugh is hired by the 49ers.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I guess I don't understand why the hiring of Baalke would be a disappointment to some people especially if Harbaugh became coach.

I think all 49ers fans can agree that coaching was a BIG problem this year. Prior to this season, the 49ers were the favorite to win the NFC west, based purely on the talent on this team.

Jed probably believes the current power structure him, Baalke, Paraag, and current roster of players were good enough to be a playoff team this year, except for the HC.

Of course, the Baalke hiring depends on Harbaugh joining him. Otherwise to me, this could blew up in their face if Harbaugh turns them down because it seems no other coaching candidates are being considered.

Sunday - Baalke is hired
Monday - Some Rooney Rule coach is interviewed, and Harbaugh and Stanford play later that night

This was already done with Softi

Sunday - Baalke is hired

if all we add is harbaugh this offseason its already a success. id like a good GM that is proven but baalke has brought in some decent talent over the years with scott. i still want someone better.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Sunday - Baalke is hired

I'm talking about Rooney Rule interview for the HC job...Softli was for the GM job.

Originally posted by backontop:

OK SanDiegoniner what ever your name is. I'm on your side now.

Join me and together we will make so much trouble for the Yorks they will have to change their ways...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Join me and together we will make so much trouble for the Yorks they will have to change their ways...

Originally posted by SJniner7:
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

My predictions are spot on...
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Sunday - Baalke is hired

I'm talking about Rooney Rule interview for the HC job...Softli was for the GM job.

Ah. Gotcha!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Share 49ersWebzone