There are 400 users in the forums

Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by backontop:
NinersD over/under on getting banned?

I say under 4 days.

I say in a couple hours or less

but the mods are sleeping. Shhhh we don't want to wake them.
Let see......He is good at devloping a QB cause he was one.......is a burger kid going to teach the next burger kid how to do the job.

Just like Sing help make WILLIS who he is now. I wonder how he did that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

~ Harbaugh has plenty of pro experience. He played the game.

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.

Harbaugh was a QB. Not a Singlecell. He's an offensive mind. The best QB develper around. Something we need. When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's there being pro prospects. Nobody guys. They were just coached so far up.

What people don't realize about Luck is while he is indeed good he has a master QB developer with him. That has a huge amount to do with his development. More than people think.

Singletary's idea of QB develpment. QB 1 first quarter. QB 2 second quarter. QB 1 third quarter. QB 2 fourth quarter. When things don't go well yell at QB. See if QB yells back. If yells back put back in game. If all else fails drop pants. There has never been a more clueless QB developer than Dingletary.

remember how everyone had such high hopes for each new coach as they were hired, only to be cursing their name at the end? Rollin with Nolan! I want winners! the same will happen to Harbaugh. i guarantee it.

im not even going to get into laughing at you for saying Harbaugh had plenty of NFL experience as a QB. Stoney already pointed it out. its horrible logic.

youre using Harbaugh as a placeholder of "SDNiners ideal winning formula". you have no clue that hed even be able to win a game as an NFL head coach. you have nothing to base it on. you just like spouting off about how the organization doesnt meet your standards, and you know exactly how to fix everything.

the answer is not a college coach with no NFL HC experience. its not. sorry. been there, done that. doesnt work. this organization doesnt have the structure to just plug in a newbie HC and surround him with the ability to grow into it and be successful. Mike Tomlin got that with PIT. if hed have gone to the Bills hed have been fired a couple years ago.

we need a GM and a HC that have been there before. that know what the heck they are doing. know how to build a structure that will support a winning team for years and years. build an identity. then once you get rolling, you can plug in a Harbaugh and let him find his way to success.

hiring a weak GM and a college coach with no NFL experience is the blind leading the blind all over again like McCloughan and Nolan. experience! past success in the NFL. Jim Harbaugh could very well succeed in the pros, but it wont be here. he'll just be another scapegoat promoted a level too high who gets chased out of town because of the ineptitude of the suits upstairs.

~ I was never rollin with Nolan. He was an idiot. A defensive mind. His idea of QB development is throw QB under bus.

~ Harbaugh is an ace QB developer.

~ Yes the ineptitude upstairs could derail him.

maybe you werent rollin with nolan, but most people were when he got hired. but then again, youve never been rollin with anyone it seems. you always talk crap about the team, never praise it for anything.

Harbaugh has developed how many great NFL qb's?

Andrew Luck the #1 pick in the 2011 Draft...

When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's being pro prospects. Absolute nobody guys at a lower level division. But they were just coached up so high. He's a master QB developer. He gets the absolute most out of every QB he touches.

Unike the QB developers we have had. NoWin - throw under the bus development. Dingletary - yell at QB, see if yells back, and put back in. Switch QB's per quarter.

Andrew Luck is a great NFL QB? actually hes never played in the NFL, thus no NFL success, and no QB Harbaugh has ever coached has gone on to do anything in the NFL. Luck sounds like he isnt even entering the draft this year.

Jim Harbaugh has developed NOTHING. as plenty of top 1st round QB picks have proven, you credit the developer AFTER they become great, not because of where they are picked.

Jim Harbaugh is not the answer. give it up. you just love to complain about a team youve only been following a few years. go be a Chargers fan.

Mark my words. if we hire Jim Harbaugh as HC, he will fail, and will have been fired within the next 3 years. we can keep playing this game until the Niners brass realizes they need a HC with proven NFL success. hopefully after 3 times they know better, but common sense doesnt seem to be their area of expertise.

LOL. You can have your opinion. He's a master at QB develpment.

Yes. Jim Harbaugh is a MASTER at developing QB's. the list of QB's he developed that went on to be any good at the level you want him to coach at is pages long. why, i bet if we hired him and retained Alex Smith, he could turn him into Tom Brady. everyone stand back and let the MASTER work his magic.
Originally posted by NinerD:
Let see......He is good at devloping a QB cause he was one.......is a burger kid going to teach the next burger kid how to do the job.

I guess it's a good thing we need a QB instead of an ILB right now isn't it.

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.

Harbaugh was a QB. Not a Singlecell. He's an offensive mind. The best QB develper around. Something we need. When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's there being pro prospects. Nobody guys. They were just coached so far up.

What people don't realize about Luck is while he is indeed good he has a master QB developer with him. That has a huge amount to do with his development. More than people think.

Singletary's idea of QB develpment. QB 1 first quarter. QB 2 second quarter. QB 1 third quarter. QB 2 fourth quarter. When things don't go well yell at QB. See if QB yells back. If yells back put back in game. If all else fails drop pants. There has never been a more clueless QB developer than Dingletary.

remember how everyone had such high hopes for each new coach as they were hired, only to be cursing their name at the end? Rollin with Nolan! I want winners! the same will happen to Harbaugh. i guarantee it.

im not even going to get into laughing at you for saying Harbaugh had plenty of NFL experience as a QB. Stoney already pointed it out. its horrible logic.

youre using Harbaugh as a placeholder of "SDNiners ideal winning formula". you have no clue that hed even be able to win a game as an NFL head coach. you have nothing to base it on. you just like spouting off about how the organization doesnt meet your standards, and you know exactly how to fix everything.

the answer is not a college coach with no NFL HC experience. its not. sorry. been there, done that. doesnt work. this organization doesnt have the structure to just plug in a newbie HC and surround him with the ability to grow into it and be successful. Mike Tomlin got that with PIT. if hed have gone to the Bills hed have been fired a couple years ago.

we need a GM and a HC that have been there before. that know what the heck they are doing. know how to build a structure that will support a winning team for years and years. build an identity. then once you get rolling, you can plug in a Harbaugh and let him find his way to success.

hiring a weak GM and a college coach with no NFL experience is the blind leading the blind all over again like McCloughan and Nolan. experience! past success in the NFL. Jim Harbaugh could very well succeed in the pros, but it wont be here. he'll just be another scapegoat promoted a level too high who gets chased out of town because of the ineptitude of the suits upstairs.

~ I was never rollin with Nolan. He was an idiot. A defensive mind. His idea of QB development is throw QB under bus.

maybe you werent rollin with nolan, but most people were when he got hired. but then again, youve never been rollin with anyone it seems. you always talk crap about the team, never praise it for anything.

When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's being pro prospects. Absolute nobody guys at a lower level division. But they were just coached up so high. He's a master QB developer. He gets the absolute most out of every QB he touches.

Unike the QB developers we have had. NoWin - throw under the bus development. Dingletary - yell at QB, see if yells back, and put back in. Switch QB's per quarter.

Andrew Luck is a great NFL QB? actually hes never played in the NFL, thus no NFL success, and no QB Harbaugh has ever coached has gone on to do anything in the NFL. Luck sounds like he isnt even entering the draft this year.

Jim Harbaugh has developed NOTHING. as plenty of top 1st round QB picks have proven, you credit the developer AFTER they become great, not because of where they are picked.

Jim Harbaugh is not the answer. give it up. you just love to complain about a team youve only been following a few years. go be a Chargers fan.

Mark my words. if we hire Jim Harbaugh as HC, he will fail, and will have been fired within the next 3 years. we can keep playing this game until the Niners brass realizes they need a HC with proven NFL success. hopefully after 3 times they know better, but common sense doesnt seem to be their area of expertise.

Yes. Jim Harbaugh is a MASTER at developing QB's. the list of QB's he developed that went on to be any good at the level you want him to coach at is pages long. why, i bet if we hired him and retained Alex Smith, he could turn him into Tom Brady. everyone stand back and let the MASTER work his magic.

He took nobody guys here at University of San Diego and made them the best players at their division level. He took Andrew Luck and made him the #1 pick for 2011. That's pretty good I'd say.

Nobody can fix Alex. He is done. And it's time for a fresh start.

True so true....but we need lots more than just a QB.

True so true....but we need lots more than just a QB.

that is what POSITION coaches are for!!
I don't remember SD winning any major bowl games while he was there. Fresno has in the past, so that coach should be in the NFL right now, right that is what you are saying. I even think Carr was a #1 pick.....gosh if we could of got him and his coach we would been set years ago right. You are stupid
I don't remember SD winning any major bowl games while he was there. Fresno has in the past, so that coach should be in the NFL right now, right that is what you are saying. I even think Carr was a #1 pick.....gosh if we could of got him and his coach we would been set years ago right. You are stupid

You act like the 49ers are the only teams interested in Harbaugh. He is the hottest coach on/off the market right now. Every team that needs a coach wants him. Coincidence? I don't remember there ever being this much hype over a HC.
Last time I checked University of San Diego is not eligible for "Bowl Games." It's not that division level. And not to be confused with San Diego State which is a totally different University and a totally different division level.

He took nobody guys here at University of San Diego and made them the best players at their division level. He took Andrew Luck and made him the #1 pick for 2011. That's pretty good I'd say.

Nobody can fix Alex. He is done. And it's time for a fresh start.

its one thing to take nobody QB's and make them great nobody QB's. its another to develop quality, starting NFL QB's. Andrew Luck is the only QB hes ever coached that looks to be worth anything at the NFL level, and for all anyone knows he could bust.

if you think Harbaugh will be a good NFL coach thats your opinion, but dont say hes a QB developing master, or that hes an offensive genius.
I know that I would like to get a GM from outside. I do have to say that Baalke did better than Scott IMO. Balmer passing on D Jackson FROM CAL Aaron Rogers. Didn't like trading up but the draft for Davis but is was pretty good over all.

Look at the falcons that is a new group there and they have had 3 winning seasons in a row. You don't know what you have till you have it.

[ Edited by NinerD on Dec 29, 2010 at 02:54:55 ]
Last time I checked University of San Diego is not eligible for "Bowl Games." It's not that division level. And not to be confused with San Diego State which is a totally different University and a totally different division level.

WOW ok so he was a step up from High School.......he was not a good QB in the NFL and now he is the next Coaching Don. Nick Saban next great thing right. Even look at Joe Flacco who coached him we should get his coach for the job.
I WILL ALWAYS HAVE FAITH. Our time will come and it will come soon. Nothing is set so we will see.

WOW ok so he was a step up from High School.......he was not a good QB in the NFL and now he is the next Coaching Don. Nick Saban next great thing right. Even look at Joe Flacco who coached him we should get his coach for the job.

I wouldn't look too much into his NFL career. Some of the best coaches where bad-average players. Some of the worst coaches where the best players. It doesn't necessary translate (Singletary for starters).
Share 49ersWebzone