LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daWest:
Originally posted by backontop:
dont get me wrong, i hope jed can grow into and know his role, but until we're contending year in and year out, why should i commend him for anything he does?...
that would be the same as commending alex or troy before they've actually gone out and done the damn thing...makes no sense

who is commending anyone? Is anyone saying "Damn Jed is doing a stellar job!" If so can you point these people out. What everyone is saying is get off his ass because he is trying to do things right this time. He is consulting his uncle, utilizing the connections his uncle has and is trying to get the team on the right tract.

you just got done praising him for making all the right moves so far...thread page 5 check it

i'm not the type to get into debates on the WZ...everyone has their opinion....
but when you insult/criticize someone you better have a good basis for doing so...and you can bash me all you want...i give a f....but it would be nice if you appeared credible in your reasons for doing so

praising him? Sorry I just recognized the fact that so far he seems to be doing things the right way. There is a difference between pointing something out and praising. You might want to pick up a dictionary from time to time.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him

so can we start bashing you until you start producing quality posts?

seriously? u buying what jed is selling?

It's amazing at how many assumptions are made on this board. I'm not buying into anything. I am sitting back and waiting to see if he actually does this the right way. So far that is exactly what he is doing. So far every move has been perfect, from the firing of Sing before the season is over to contacting GM's now and not waiting.

"Perfect" is being a little generous, I think. I'm gonna sit back and see which GM he hires, but I don't have much confidence in him. We can get lucky though.

I'm not sure how long he's had this type of structure in mind, but I think we're on the right path as far as structure goes. Accountability should go straight to the the top and you need the front office to have its sh*t in order for any sort of functionality.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Complaining about him is kinda like slamming your dick in a window. You can do it all you want but it's not going to do much to help you.

this is a horrible comparison, you would slam your dick on a window in hopes of what? Show you can break glass with your dick?

Lmao to both.
Originally posted by nooj:
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him

so can we start bashing you until you start producing quality posts?

seriously? u buying what jed is selling?

It's amazing at how many assumptions are made on this board. I'm not buying into anything. I am sitting back and waiting to see if he actually does this the right way. So far that is exactly what he is doing. So far every move has been perfect, from the firing of Sing before the season is over to contacting GM's now and not waiting.

"Perfect" is being a little generous, I think. I'm gonna sit back and see which GM he hires, but I don't have much confidence in him. We can get lucky though.

I'm not sure how long he's had this type of structure in mind, but I think we're on the right path as far as structure goes. Accountability should go straight to the the top and you need the front office to have its sh*t in order for any sort of functionality.

That is pretty much what everyone is doing. On the right path? That is what everyone has been saying.
countless people have been pleading and praying for new ownership for years...jed makes one obvious move in firing Sing, appoints the only coach on the staff with HC exp, interim HC(another obvious move), sells a handful of fans on the vision he has(did that at the end of '08), and all the sudden he's the savior of the only 5 time super bowl winner never to lose in the big dance...f that
countless people have been pleading and praying for new ownership for years...jed makes one obvious move in firing Sing, appoints the only coach on the staff with HC exp, interim HC(another obvious move), sells a handful of fans on the vision he has(did that at the end of '08), and all the sudden he's the savior of the only 5 time super bowl winner never to lose in the big dance...f that

You are a brilliant poster...
dont get me wrong, i hope jed can grow into and know his role, but until we're contending year in and year out, why should i commend him for anything he does?...
that would be the same as commending alex or troy before they've actually gone out and done the damn thing...makes no sense

who is commending anyone? Is anyone saying "Damn Jed is doing a stellar job!" If so can you point these people out. What everyone is saying is get off his ass because he is trying to do things right this time. He is consulting his uncle, utilizing the connections his uncle has and is trying to get the team on the right tract.

you just got done praising him for making all the right moves so far...thread page 5 check it

but when you insult/criticize someone you better have a good basis for doing so...and you can bash me all you want...i give a f....but it would be nice if you appeared credible in your reasons for doing so

praising him? Sorry I just recognized the fact that so far he seems to be doing things the right way. There is a difference between pointing something out and praising. You might want to pick up a dictionary from time to time.

instead of insulting me, try hitting me with some facts

instead of insulting me, try hitting me with some facts

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 28, 2010 at 04:04:39 ]

So what do you suggest?....and don't give me the "sell the team" crap. That ain't happenning.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I've been saying it all season. It's a watershed moment for Jed York. If there's another era of losing (say maybe another decade or so) what are the consequences for Jed York? Maybe nothing?

This GM hire will the be the single most important move in Jed York's career. I can only equate the magnitude of this moment with the #1 overall selection of Alex Smith. That decision alone determined the last six years and will continue to affect us for several more years. I think this next move will be as important in scope and I'm praying that he makes the right hire.

Originally posted by boriken_9er:

So what do you suggest?....and don't give me the "sell the team" crap. That ain't happenning.

i give credit where credit is due...

all i'm saying is the only credit jed deserves up to this point, is for the current state this organization/OUR TEAM is in as of this moment in time...

until we do a 180 and finish the season as competitors rather than a team that flounders, jed, along with everyone he brings in, gets the short end of the stick...

performance based business...performance is the product

Tomsula said it best

from top to bottom there has to be a positive result in order to merit commendation

[ Edited by daWest on Dec 28, 2010 at 04:22:10 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerD:
People can believe what they want to believe. But Jed has done nothing good yet with the 49ers. You guys getting hyped is blind faith based on no reality.

I would like to believe too. But history with Jed tells me otherwise. If the does the right thing and hires Harbaugh and gets out of the way and lets him do the job maybe I will see things differently then.

There is just no reason to believe in new found hope and change where he acts like a Petulant Child at a press conference with the very few tough questions he faced.

On December 28, 2008 Jed York became the Team President / Owner and his parents became co-chairmen responsible for providing resources and maintaining their role of interacting with other owners and NFL executives.
Verdict is still out on the kid.

Blind faith cause you know that Harbough is going to be the next savior, that is some blind faith and there was no tough questions today. If this you idea of tough questions I don't know how you got out of high school or that you are still in high school.

Yup you are right. The questions were mostly softballs. Typical Bay Area media. The few "somewhat tough" questions he got caused him to act like the Petulant Child he is. Hardly somebody ready for the Prime Time and choosing a GM.

I can tell you're an attention whore by the fact of you trying to show us that you have some extended vocabulary. You don't capitalize petulant, or child; but you have done so 10+ times.

I KNOW YOU'RE AN ATTENTION WHORE.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Jed York may not have gotten it right as quick as everyone wanted. he might not even get it right this time. but i as a 49er FAN will chose to believe in the ownerships ability to eventually get it right.

P.S.
this entire thread failed as soon as SanDiego49er chimed in lol.. to everyone trying to contest with him, give up its pointless he wont stop.

i swear he must be a fan of another NFC west team and post here simply to amuse himself at how mad he can make the other people in this forum

I wouldn't mind it working out. And I hope it will. I just see no real reason for hope with Jed or any of the Yorks.

Bottom Line: Ownership is NOT changing no matter how long you want to torture us with your senseless whining. You have two choices my friend, end it all or change favorite teams, just stop whining like some b***h who's got sand in her vagina!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by NinerD:
People can believe what they want to believe. But Jed has done nothing good yet with the 49ers. You guys getting hyped is blind faith based on no reality.

I would like to believe too. But history with Jed tells me otherwise. If the does the right thing and hires Harbaugh and gets out of the way and lets him do the job maybe I will see things differently then.

There is just no reason to believe in new found hope and change where he acts like a Petulant Child at a press conference with the very few tough questions he faced.

On December 28, 2008 Jed York became the Team President / Owner and his parents became co-chairmen responsible for providing resources and maintaining their role of interacting with other owners and NFL executives.
Verdict is still out on the kid.

Blind faith cause you know that Harbough is going to be the next savior, that is some blind faith and there was no tough questions today. If this you idea of tough questions I don't know how you got out of high school or that you are still in high school.

Yup you are right. The questions were mostly softballs. Typical Bay Area media. The few "somewhat tough" questions he got caused him to act like the Petulant Child he is. Hardly somebody ready for the Prime Time and choosing a GM.

I can tell you're an attention whore by the fact of you trying to show us that you have some extended vocabulary. You don't capitalize petulant, or child; but you have done so 10+ times.

I KNOW YOU'RE AN ATTENTION WHORE.

WOW
all these people on the jed jalopy

why set yourselves up for disappointment???
Share 49ersWebzone