• Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I'll keep it real simple ------ Jed York is as accountable if not more so as the rest of the group for the decisions he has made since being in charge.

+1

Not sure why he'd get a pass. He deserves criticism for hiring Mike Singletary, one that set this franchise back at least a few years.

By all mean he gets no free pass, but he is a kid and it sounds like he knows that he smurfed up. There has already been some changes.

It's not like this kid is the TUNA that has been doing it for 40 years, he is really young and learning.

Which means we are in an exceptionally bad situation as a franchise because of it...

You keep ignoring the fact that Jed is consulting his uncle.

He said the same thing 2 years ago and hired Dingletary... He's said "I talk to my uncle" many times in the past.

at the time most people thought Singletary was the right guy. You act like Singletary wasn't already a HC candidate for other teams. If you remember he was interviewed by a few teams. You are calling him out on Singletary because you know the outcome instead of remembering what the scenario was. hindsight is always 20/20.

I agree, hindsight is always 20/20. It's easy to criticize him for that hire. There was a lot of buzz, and fans really approved of it.

The only thing I can say to that is that we are just fans. We are not Jed York. We don't interview these candidates. We don't work in football operations. Do you think that someone more capable would have been able to see that Mike Singletary had serious flaws? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say. But I do know that if Jed did his homework on Singletary, he failed to identify those weaknesses OR he identified those weaknesses and failed to build structure around him to support him. Instead, Singletary was given MORE power and even some say regarding personnel decisions.

York at the time of Singletary's hiring felt that the team lacked intensity. He grossly mis-diagnosed the problem and ultimately hired the wrong person. Jed York, at the very least, needs to be held accountable for the Singletary era regardless of the approval of fans at the time.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Jed Prince of York.

~ Hired Dingletary full time.
~ Kept Dingletary long after he shouldn't have.
~ Was all for 6 years Alex Smith.
~ Never explained the Scot M. situation and why we didn't have any GM in a disastrous season.
~ Plays with his water bottle like a nervous kid at a press conference.
~ Acts like the Petulant Child he is when Lowell Cohn calls him on the carpet with tough questions.

This is who you have faith in.

Troll.

No. This is who you guys have faith in. There is nothing there but empty talk. History has shown the wrong decisions are made by Jed York almost all the time.

60% of the time
I'll keep it real simple ------ Jed York is as accountable if not more so as the rest of the group for the decisions he has made since being in charge.

+1

Not sure why he'd get a pass. He deserves criticism for hiring Mike Singletary, one that set this franchise back at least a few years.

By all mean he gets no free pass, but he is a kid and it sounds like he knows that he smurfed up. There has already been some changes.

It's not like this kid is the TUNA that has been doing it for 40 years, he is really young and learning.

Which means we are in an exceptionally bad situation as a franchise because of it...

He said the same thing 2 years ago and hired Dingletary... He's said "I talk to my uncle" many times in the past.

at the time most people thought Singletary was the right guy. You act like Singletary wasn't already a HC candidate for other teams. If you remember he was interviewed by a few teams. You are calling him out on Singletary because you know the outcome instead of remembering what the scenario was. hindsight is always 20/20.

I knew Dingletary was a trash hire. And NoWin too. And Dennis Erickson before him. I wouldn't have hired any of them...

To bad Erickson and Nowin were not Jed's doing

All part of the YORK FAMILY TRUST. You can rotate different YORKS in front of the camera to face the media. Rotate them in and out. But it's still the YORK FAMILY TRUST just the same.

Does it matter if it's John, Jed, Jeb, Juber, Judas, Judy or whatever?... It's YORK FAMILY TRUST. And it's a culture of wrong decisions and FAIL.

Look at only Jedster.

~ Hired Dingletary- like I said, at the time it was the right move. Singletary had the team playing hard as the interim HC and finished the season strong
~ Retained Dingletary well beyond his time- wasn't afraid to fire him before the season was over. Kept him because we still had playoff hopes
~ Fully supported 6 years Alex Smith. Said how important Alex was to us-Jed hasn't even been in charge that long and last time I checked that was the HC decision
~ Has been saying for as long as the media will listen to him "he talks to his uncle a lot." It's not the first time he said that you know...-hmm seems like what Eddie D said in the interview and what Jed is doing now are matching up.

Sorry but you fail miserably So you're going to hold what Jed's parents did against him like it was his doing?

+1

I knew Dingletary was a trash hire. And NoWin too. And Dennis Erickson before him. I wouldn't have hired any of them...

All part of the YORK FAMILY TRUST. You can rotate different YORKS in front of the camera to face the media. Rotate them in and out. But it's still the YORK FAMILY TRUST just the same.

Does it matter if it's John, Jed, Jeb, Juber, Judas, Judy or whatever?... It's YORK FAMILY TRUST. And it's a culture of wrong decisions and FAIL.

Look at only Jedster.

~ Hired Dingletary- like I said, at the time it was the right move. Singletary had the team playing hard as the interim HC and finished the season strong
~ Retained Dingletary well beyond his time- wasn't afraid to fire him before the season was over. Kept him because we still had playoff hopes
~ Fully supported 6 years Alex Smith. Said how important Alex was to us-Jed hasn't even been in charge that long and last time I checked that was the HC decision
~ Has been saying for as long as the media will listen to him "he talks to his uncle a lot." It's not the first time he said that you know...-hmm seems like what Eddie D said in the interview and what Jed is doing now are matching up.

Sorry but you fail miserably So you're going to hold what Jed's parents did against him like it was his doing?

Fail.

~ Sing beat only garbage teams at the end. Had no HC experience. He was a bizarre hire. Internal candidate. Quick hire. They didn't have to do their research.

~ He kept Sing after 0 - 5. Why?

~ Jed kept saying how important Alex Smith was to this team leading into this season many times when talking with the media.

~ What Eddie D says is of no consequence to this organization anymore. He's not in charge here. And Jed saying "I talk to my uncle" also means nothing. Results mean something...
Jed York may not have gotten it right as quick as everyone wanted. he might not even get it right this time. but i as a 49er FAN will chose to believe in the ownerships ability to eventually get it right.

P.S.
this entire thread failed as soon as SanDiego49er chimed in lol.. to everyone trying to contest with him, give up its pointless he wont stop.

i swear he must be a fan of another NFC west team and post here simply to amuse himself at how mad he can make the other people in this forum

+1

Look at only Jedster.

Fail.

~ Sing beat only garbage teams at the end. Had no HC experience. He was a bizarre hire. Internal candidate. Quick hire. They didn't have to do their research.

Sing finished the season strong and a lot if not most people felt he was the right guy

~ He kept Sing after 0 - 5. Why?

Because of the teams we faced early on. We had the hardest front loaded schedule in the NFL

~ Jed kept saying how important Alex Smith was to this team leading into this season many times when talking with the media.- Probably because the QB position is important!!!!!

~ What Eddie D says is of no consequence to this organization anymore. He's not in charge here. And Jed saying "I talk to my uncle" also means nothing. Results mean something...- Yeaaa you really proved me wrong

keep on reaching troll.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Jed York may not have gotten it right as quick as everyone wanted. he might not even get it right this time. but i as a 49er FAN will chose to believe in the ownerships ability to eventually get it right.

P.S.
this entire thread failed as soon as SanDiego49er chimed in lol.. to everyone trying to contest with him, give up its pointless he wont stop.

i swear he must be a fan of another NFC west team and post here simply to amuse himself at how mad he can make the other people in this forum

I wouldn't mind it working out. And I hope it will. I just see no real reason for hope with Jed or any of the Yorks.
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him
Originally posted by daWest:
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him

so can we start bashing you until you start producing quality posts?
  • nooj
  • Veteran

Exactly. Accountability, does it stop with the head coach and GM? Hell no, players, executives, owners all should be held accountable. People want to give Jed a break, why? Singletary was fired for job performance, when will Jed be held accountable for his performance?

Correct.

seriously? u buying what jed is selling?

he's a york, most niner fans know better

Yeah he is.

It's amazing at how many assumptions are made on this board. I'm not buying into anything. I am sitting back and waiting to see if he actually does this the right way. So far that is exactly what he is doing. So far every move has been perfect, from the firing of Sing before the season is over to contacting GM's now and not waiting.
Share 49ersWebzone