There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by daWest:
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him

so can we start bashing you until you start producing quality posts?

seriously? u buying what jed is selling?

It's amazing at how many assumptions are made on this board. I'm not buying into anything. I am sitting back and waiting to see if he actually does this the right way. So far that is exactly what he is doing. So far every move has been perfect, from the firing of Sing before the season is over to contacting GM's now and not waiting.

how about waiting too long to fire sing....how about naming the scouting director to VP of player personnel, under who else??? the president of player personnel, jed, himself!!!!

has he really made all the right moves so far? really????
lets not forget, its still mommy and daddy's MONEY
its a performance based business....performance is the product...once the product jed produces, PRODUCES, i'll stop bashing him

It's amazing at how many assumptions are made on this board. I'm not buying into anything. I am sitting back and waiting to see if he actually does this the right way. So far that is exactly what he is doing. So far every move has been perfect, from the firing of Sing before the season is over to contacting GM's now and not waiting.

What evidence do you have from his past that he is doing things the right way? What about his present?

He can't even hold a press conferece the right way. He fumbles with his water bottle the entire time nervously as he tries to seem "in charge." He acts like the Petulant Child when Lowell Cohn presses him with some tough questions. He doesn't seem like a real strong and experienced personality even in that environment.

Finding the right GM, HC, OC, DC and QB will be much, much tougher than Lowell Cohn.

how about waiting too long to fire sing....how about naming the scouting director to VP of player personnel, under who else??? the president of player personnel, jed, himself!!!!

How about we were still in the playoff hunt, how about there wasn't time to hire a GM before the season with McClueless leaving right before the draft. And WTF does mommy and dadddy money have to do with Jed doing his job?

You got it daWest.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You got it daWest.

you got a little leftover something on your lip.
lets not forget, its still mommy and daddy's MONEY

^^

You get it again.
dont get me wrong, i hope jed can grow into and know his role, but until we're contending year in and year out, why should i commend him for anything he does?...
that would be the same as commending alex or troy before they've actually gone out and done the damn thing...makes no sense
dont get me wrong, i hope jed can grow into and know his role, but until we're contending year in and year out, why should i commend him for anything he does?...
that would be the same as commending alex or troy before they've actually gone out and done the damn thing...makes no sense

who is commending anyone? Is anyone saying "Damn Jed is doing a stellar job!" If so can you point these people out. What everyone is saying is get off his ass because he is trying to do things right this time. He is consulting his uncle, utilizing the connections his uncle has and is trying to get the team on the right tract.

Yes you got it. But some people on this board like to believe in false hope. You see the 49ers have been so bad for so long under the current ownership people want to believe in anything. "It must be getting better." "We have to be going in the right direction." "He has been talking to his uncle." "He's learning now."

Until proven otherwise I'm not believing in this ownership. I've seen what they do. Show me. Don't tell me and fumble nervously with a water bottle like a overwhelmed kid....... Wait what?...

How about we were still in the playoff hunt, how about there wasn't time to hire a GM before the season with McClueless leaving right before the draft. And WTF does mommy and dadddy money have to do with Jed doing his job?

playoff hunt? we were only in it cuz we play in the worst division EVER

McCLueless, as u deemed him, left, because of Singlebraincell be it directly or indirectly...thats pretty easy to read into

oh...and MONEY has everyhting to do with jed doing his job...

the statement about money was way off base, being that this is a revenue based league...

no money from mom and dad= no money for a top GM or a top HC

the money aspect is totally relevant

McCLueless, as u deemed him, left, because of Singlebraincell be it directly or indirectly...thats pretty easy to read into

the statement about money was way off base, being that this is a revenue based league...

You sir get it. But some want to believe. I wanted to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus when I was little.

"We will win 10 Super Bowls under Jed." "He is twice as good as Eddie D."

so you admit that we were in the playoff hunt? Ok great, firing a HC at that time would have been stupid. It didn't matter what the division looked like or how we were in the playoff hunt. The thing that mattered was that we were in contention for the division. McClueless needed to go! he was horrible. Just look at his drafts. Money hasn't really been an issue. Everyone likes to call the Yorks cheap but look at the damn contracts they have shelled out in an attempt to improve the team. $80 mil for Clements! Not sure what Willis and VD's contracts look like but I'm sure they are up there. So again I say money???

who is commending anyone? Is anyone saying "Damn Jed is doing a stellar job!" If so can you point these people out. What everyone is saying is get off his ass because he is trying to do things right this time. He is consulting his uncle, utilizing the connections his uncle has and is trying to get the team on the right tract.

you just got done praising him for making all the right moves so far...thread page 5 check it

i'm not the type to get into debates on the WZ...everyone has their opinion....
but when you insult/criticize someone you better have a good basis for doing so...and you can bash me all you want...i give a f....but it would be nice if you appeared credible in your reasons for doing so

so you admit that we were in the playoff hunt? Ok great, firing a HC at that time would have been stupid. It didn't matter what the division looked like or how we were in the playoff hunt. The thing that mattered was that we were in contention for the division. McClueless needed to go! he was horrible. Just look at his drafts. Money hasn't really been an issue. Everyone likes to call the Yorks cheap but look at the damn contracts they have shelled out in an attempt to improve the team. $80 mil for Clements! Not sure what Willis and VD's contracts look like but I'm sure they are up there. So again I say money???

We had one of the lower paid HC's in the league. Zero GM at all. First time OC (when got job) and DC (when originally started).

That SCREAMS CHEAP FRONT OFFICE.