There are 193 users in the forums

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
People can believe what they want to believe. But Jed has done nothing good yet with the 49ers. You guys getting hyped is blind faith based on no reality.

I would like to believe too. But history with Jed tells me otherwise. If the does the right thing and hires Harbaugh and gets out of the way and lets him do the job maybe I will see things differently then.

There is just no reason to believe in new found hope and change where he acts like a Petulant Child at a press conference with the very few tough questions he faced.

I see your point but York is not going away no matter what. He ain't gonna sell the team.

Remember the Saints owner Benson. He was a laughing stock of the league with fans wearing bags over their heads at games. Look at him now, what do you think changed? Did he get smart all of a sudden? He made 1 good hire with Payton and all of a sudden, he becomes a genius over night.

What about Bidwell of the Cardinals. He sure looked retarded hiring Whisenhunt and getting to the superbowl couple years back.

Jed York is 0-2. Make no mistake about it, he better hit it right with this move or he will be 0-3 and then thats another story. But I'm not going to condemn him for life for being 0-2. Its not like he is 0-10 with coaches. Debartalo had a rough start but got it right with hiring Walsh and the rest is history.

If he hired Harbaugh that would be a step in the right direction. I doubt he will. And I doubt Harbaugh would want it.
Originally posted by NinerD:
People can believe what they want to believe. But Jed has done nothing good yet with the 49ers. You guys getting hyped is blind faith based on no reality.

I would like to believe too. But history with Jed tells me otherwise. If the does the right thing and hires Harbaugh and gets out of the way and lets him do the job maybe I will see things differently then.

There is just no reason to believe in new found hope and change where he acts like a Petulant Child at a press conference with the very few tough questions he faced.

On December 28, 2008 Jed York became the Team President / Owner and his parents became co-chairmen responsible for providing resources and maintaining their role of interacting with other owners and NFL executives.
Verdict is still out on the kid.

Blind faith cause you know that Harbough is going to be the next savior, that is some blind faith and there was no tough questions today. If this you idea of tough questions I don't know how you got out of high school or that you are still in high school.

Yup you are right. The questions were mostly softballs. Typical Bay Area media. The few "somewhat tough" questions he got caused him to act like the Petulant Child he is. Hardly somebody ready for the Prime Time and choosing a GM.

Then how is Jed supposed to learn? Can you do any better? Aren't we all supposed to learn from our mistakes? After all, Jed is only human.
Originally posted by PTulini:

On December 28, 2008 Jed York became the Team President / Owner and his parents became co-chairmen responsible for providing resources and maintaining their role of interacting with other owners and NFL executives.

Blind faith cause you know that Harbough is going to be the next savior, that is some blind faith and there was no tough questions today. If this you idea of tough questions I don't know how you got out of high school or that you are still in high school.

Yup you are right. The questions were mostly softballs. Typical Bay Area media. The few "somewhat tough" questions he got caused him to act like the Petulant Child he is. Hardly somebody ready for the Prime Time and choosing a GM.

Then how is Jed supposed to learn? Can you do any better? Aren't we all supposed to learn from our mistakes? After all, Jed is only human.

He could learn from his mistakes. I haven't seen any evidence of that so far. The Singletary disaster was set up by him. And he had a hand in the Scot M. disaster too.

He could learn from his mistakes. I haven't seen any evidence of that so far. The Singletary disaster was set up by him. And he had a hand in the Scot M. disaster too.

Petulant Child. WTF are you talking about?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Petulant Child. WTF are you talking about?

Petulant Child it is his phrase of the day. Why can't you just be a chargers fan. There is a really good chance that you don't have to many friends if any.
Originally posted by niners94:
Jed Prince of York.

~ Hired Dingletary full time.
~ Kept Dingletary long after he shouldn't have.
~ Was all for 6 years Alex Smith.
~ Never explained the Scot M. situation and why we didn't have any GM in a disastrous season.
~ Plays with his water bottle like a nervous kid at a press conference.
~ Acts like the Petulant Child he is when Lowell Cohn calls him on the carpet with tough questions.

This is who you have faith in.

Troll.

No. This is who you guys have faith in. There is nothing there but empty talk. History has shown the wrong decisions are made by Jed York almost all the time.

sandiego you are the definition of insanity, complaining about the yorks all day everyday. ill never understand it, they are the owners and that will not change. there are some great owners like kraft you can root for ... just change teams or something bro.
Jed Prince of York.

~ Never explained the Scot M. situation and why we didn't have any GM in a disastrous season.
~ Acts like the Petulant Child he is when Lowell Cohn calls him on the carpet with tough questions.

Troll.

No. This is who you guys have faith in. There is nothing there but empty talk. History has shown the wrong decisions are made by Jed York almost all the time.

"History" has shown? He has only been a decision maker for the last few years.

I am curious, which NFL owner has a "history" of making great decisions? If Eddie D is the only standard you set, that would be ironic because there is only one man in the NFL who maintains an intimate correspondence with Eddie D. Who do you think that man is?

IMO, it makes no sense to claim that an owner, who hires a great coach, is a great owner. It's like saying people who win the lottery are "better" at picking numbers than people who don't. They are not "better", they are just LUCKY. Eddie D was very lucky to hire the great Bill Walsh. Nobody could have known Bill Walsh would become the legend he was, except perhaps Bill Walsh himself.

Even if an owner can spot a football genius with perfect accuracy, it doesn't mean there are dozens of Bill Walsh's running around just waiting to be found. In fact, there might not be ANY football genius's out there. So then what is the owner supposed to do? An owner can make a difference in marketing, stadiums etc. but it just seems absurd to me that they can greatly determine a team's success.

What did Robert Kraft do? He inherited a good team from Bill Parcels, amazing. He hired Pete Carroll, wow. Then he hired a similar coach, who, like Carroll was a good defensive coordinator. The next year, the team went 5-11. Then Tom Brady stepped in, and they have been winning ever since. Brilliant owner? Amazing coach? Please.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:36:33 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Jed Prince of York.

Troll.

sandiego you are the definition of insanity, complaining about the yorks all day everyday. ill never understand it, they are the owners and that will not change. there are some great owners like kraft you can root for ... just change teams or something bro.

If they do the right thing and hire Harbaugh I will be at least happy with the Head Coach hire... Other aspects of the organization we will see.

You guys act like we won the Super Bowl.

~ We are 5 - 10 in a year everbody said we have the best NFC West talent.
~ We have no GM.
~ We have no permanent HC.
~ Our Coordinators are real shaky.
~ We have a disaster QB situation.
~ Our Secondary is terrible.
~ Our O line has issues.
~ Our pass rush is very inconsistent.

It takes more than 1 press confernce with a kid fumbling around with his water bottle nervously to make me believe all of those are suddenly fixed...
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Jed Prince of York.

Troll.

I am curious, which NFL owner has a "history" of making great decisions? If Eddie D is the only standard you set, that would be ironic because there is only one man in the NFL who maintains an intimate correspondence with Eddie D. Who do you think that man is?

IMO, it makes no sense to claim that an owner, who hires a great coach, is a great owner. It's like saying people who win the lottery are "better" at picking numbers than people who don't. They are not "better", they are just LUCKY. Eddie D was very lucky to hire the great Bill Walsh. Nobody could have known Bill Walsh would become the legend he was, except perhaps Bill Walsh himself.

Even if an owner can spot a football genius with perfect accuracy, it doesn't mean there are dozens of Bill Walsh's running around just waiting to be found. In fact, there might not be ANY football genius's out there. So then what is the owner supposed to do? An owner can make a difference in marketing, stadiums etc. but it just seems absurd to me that they can greatly determine a team's success.

What did Robert Kraft do? He inherited a good team from Bill Parcels, amazing. He hired Pete Carroll, wow. Then he hired a similar coach, who, like Carroll was a good defensive coordinator. The next year, the team went 5-11. Then Tom Brady stepped in, and they have been winning ever since. Brilliant owner? Amazing coach? Please.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Jed Prince of York.

Troll.

It's easy to throw Jed under the bus in hindsight. I was happy when we initially hired Singletary, 'I WANT WINNERS!" It's obvious after this season that he needs to go.

Just cause his parents did a horrible job with our beloved franchise doesn't mean that Jed will do the same; he's young and has a lot to prove. He kind sounds like Eddie D with the 'money is no option' spiel.

Either way I'm putting my faith in Jed since it's all we really got at this point. There's no point being negative about it. He is a much better option than having his parents running the franchise again.
I'll keep it real simple ------ Jed York is as accountable if not more so as the rest of the group for the decisions he has made since being in charge.

I do give him credit for getting rid of Singletary.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:48:54 ]
Jed Prince of York.

Troll.

If they do the right thing and hire Harbaugh I will be at least happy with the Head Coach hire... Other aspects of the organization we will see.

~ We have no GM.
~ Our O line has issues.

It takes more than 1 press confernce with a kid fumbling around with his water bottle nervously to make me believe all of those are suddenly fixed...

he needs to hire a GM outside of the organization ... which then leads to an offensive minded HC to a new QB. I'd can't complain if he does that.
Jed Prince of York.

Troll.

~ We have no GM.
~ Our O line has issues.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—San Francisco team president and CEO Jed York is turning to his uncle, former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr., for advice on how to fix the underachieving franchise.

DeBartolo will serve as a consultant in the process of finding a general manager, and York also plans to talk to Patriots president Jonathan Kraft about what works so well for New England. Only after a GM is in place will a new coach be hired, and there’s no timetable. Jim Tomsula will coach the 49ers for all of a week, and his bosses have said they expect him to win.

The promoted defensive line coach took charge of the downtrodden team Monday, a day after the 49ers fired Mike Singletary late Sunday upon returning to team headquarters following a 25-17 loss at St. Louis that eliminated San Francisco from playoff contention. Also fired were pass rush specialist coach Al Harris(notes) and inside linebackers coach Vantz Singletary, the former coach’s nephew.
By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Sports Writer

This is a start. and with the water bottle who gives a sh!t about it. The kid wanted a drink, kinda hard when you are getting asked questions.

Harbaugh is a sexy pick for this team and I would be happy if we got him but that does not mean he is going to be any good. Just like Jed you have to give it time and see what you end up with.

[ Edited by NinerD on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:46:32 ]
Share 49ersWebzone