LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 376 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I told you.. I told you.. I knew.. Gore is bad luck for 4th quaters that he was fumble! damn it.. but he is safe and lucky cuz we won.. whew... gore is owe damn for us..

seriously!
No.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Gore busted his ass for us all these years when we didnt have s**t else going on for us on offense!...Now the guy is not playing well and yall just turn your back on the guy like that??? I know this s**t is a business but damn!...He has EARNED the right to be given an opportunity to redeem himself!

No actually I said trade him last year, before he was done. Now it's too late, but let me go on about my self and my opinion. IF we had done as I said, and traded Frank early last season, when the first signs of decay became apparent, we would have most likely have been able to move him before the deadline for a 2nd round pick to a contender in need of a back. Frank could have had meaningful carries and a shot at the play offs, we could have had Andy Dalton, or so other nice QB in the draft, and still picked up a serviceable RB, further we could have cut Norris, who's only real job on the team is kissing Franks ass. Now we are wasting 2 roster spots on an aging "bell cow". Sorry Frank, wish you could have played for us in the glory years, but now you are looking slow and old, so this is business, nothing personal, we will mail you your last check...

By the way, Frank has always been best out of the Power I running north south, everyone knows this. At this point in his career it is the only alignment he has any chance in, making him even more one dimensional than ever. He never ran the toss well, and has always looked lost as the single back in the gun, so the best place for him is the bench. Think about it in his prime THE only knock on him was fumbling in short yardage, now that is just one more reason he is done. Let me list them.

1) Can't turn the corner on the sweep
2) Has forgotten how to block (once a strong point)
3) Doesn't seem to want to catch the ball, agian once a strong point
4) Looks lost running from the gun
5) Looks lost running behind zone blocking
6) Fumbles in short yardage
7) Doesn't fight through first tackle, another strong Frank the Tank trait.
8) Stops his feet well that's really point 7 isn't it?
So there it is 7 points of weakness from Frank, not te mention he is a Bell Cow (ball hog)

I give him until the 9th or tenth game to improve, but remain highly skeptical that he can, I give this whole roster that long before I look to blow this team up and start again.

#52 is the only player on this team I would have a hard time trading right now
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Emmitt Smith couldn't gain 50 yds with our O-line

well if you look at where emmitt is in his career now he is definately going to have to play catch up, im mean with the hold out and lack of offseason would definately hurt his chances. And he would still have to try out for the team and replace one of our current RBs, emmitt over dixon maybe? im not sure the guy has been out for a bit and his prolly rusty as can be. my money would be on emmitt though just because he is a smith

we need another smith
Gore's buddy blocker is hurt and will probably be cut if Bruce Miller does a good job for the next 4-6 wks. Gore has done a good job but he sees the writing on the wall. Gore will soon be sharing carries with Hunter (50/50). I don't think Gore was ever paid for his value so if he gets the money now, he has earned it.
Man, I was dissapointed in gore. Sure there's been 7, 8 , and 9 in the box but this is stuff he's seen all his career. The fumble was ugly, the block on the big sack was horrible and If I was the coach I'd of not put him back in for the rest of the game after that. The pass that hit him in the helmet was embarassing. He looked like he didnt wanna be on the field . Then Hunter comes in and creates issues for the defense and we end up scoring our 1st and only td of the game. We've gotta move on to these other two half backs. Give gore a bench ride and see if its his want to play again or his health which no one can control.
WTF Tman? Emmitt at his peak could not have gained 50 yds running behind the niners O-line. Duh! I wasn't saying bring him back to play for the niners. Hey Tman, what's the capitol of Ohio? Your answer . . . "O"
ON the other hand ALex Smith looked very good when he had time to make plays.
Is Westbrook still available?
gore is definitely done, hip injury ftw

Originally posted by mac707g:
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

RB Frank Gore (right ankle) played hurt in second half. Doesn't know yet if he'll be ready for next game.

Damage control!

"Uh oh. I've had 3 crap games in a row after holding out for more money. Uhhhh....I'm hurt!"

A page out of the Cowboy's book.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Gore busted his ass for us all these years when we didnt have s**t else going on for us on offense!...Now the guy is not playing well and yall just turn your back on the guy like that??? I know this s**t is a business but damn!...He has EARNED the right to be given an opportunity to redeem himself!

Ehhhhh okay. His lack of effort these 1st 3 games show up glaringly not only in his mediocre stats but the looking test. Despite his and the O-line's horrid play we actually won this game. He had one key run and that's about it. Thank you Gore for that 3rd down but no thank you for the 35% effort. I don't see legs churning after the first hit. I see apathy in blitz pickup, catching and ball security.

I think the rest of us are dissappionted that Balke et.al. gave in to his renogotiating demands and so far it's looked to be not worth it. So far this season, Gore sucks.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
WTF Tman? Emmitt at his peak could not have gained 50 yds running behind the niners O-line. Duh! I wasn't saying bring him back to play for the niners. Hey Tman, what's the capitol of Ohio? Your answer . . . "O"

lulz....way to copy a glee commercial

it was a joke, if you didnt realize that you must be drinking more then i am
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/09/inside-the-49ers/breaking-down-the-game-winning-drive/

According to this gore twisted his ankle. Good on him staying in the game and playing through. It certainly opened up som passes later in the game.
The question should be.... Is Hunter a legit STUD!?

I don't think the defense can see him but he seems to have great vision!!!!

Frank will always be good but he is injury prone... heard he had an ankle injury and that is why he was in and out of the game.........

I say bring on more Hunter but DO NOT FORGET ABOUT GORE!
Share 49ersWebzone