Pat Devlin Delaware 6-3 225 4.90 70
Case Keenum Houston 6-0½ 207 4.76 68
Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech 6-1 216 4.50 61
Nathan Enderle Idaho 6-4 232 4.81 56
Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M 6-4 238 4.76 54
Andy Dalton TCU 6-1½ 217 4.91 47
Ricky Stanzi Iowa 6-4 230 4.80 38
Colin Kaepernick Nevada 6-4½ 220 4.45 35

I copied that straight from my espn insider qb draftable prospects --I thought I saw Locker saying he wanted to go back for one more year of college as well so that puts that to rest. Out of all of these names is probably our future QB so take your pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
I still think it's more on coaching than our players. We need aggressive coaches that attack on both offense & defense. This team would play so much better. Also, mistakes eliminate automatically in a winning and confident environment. How can this team be confident when we're always playing not to lose?

I dont think a lot of you guys watched college football this season. I pray we somehow get CAM Newton. He is an unbelievable talent that will translate to the NFL ...

What makes you think Newton will be any better than guys like Vince Young?

He has some great tools and could be an excellent qb but he'd be a project and someone who will need some solid coaching to really hit his stride and be a good NFL qb. Certainly with this coaching staff he'd be an easy bust.

We'll see who will be brought in and whether they have an ability to groom a new qb.

Vince Young is a good QB, good at his position but a bad leader and everyone says that. With Newton everyone talks about his personality and how well he leads his team.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
I still think it's more on coaching than our players. We need aggressive coaches that attack on both offense & defense. This team would play so much better. Also, mistakes eliminate automatically in a winning and confident environment. How can this team be confident when we're always playing not to lose?

I dont think a lot of you guys watched college football this season. I pray we somehow get CAM Newton. He is an unbelievable talent that will translate to the NFL ...

What makes you think Newton will be any better than guys like Vince Young?

He has some great tools and could be an excellent qb but he'd be a project and someone who will need some solid coaching to really hit his stride and be a good NFL qb. Certainly with this coaching staff he'd be an easy bust.

We'll see who will be brought in and whether they have an ability to groom a new qb.

Vince Young is a good QB, good at his position but a bad leader and everyone says that. With Newton everyone talks about his personality and how well he leads his team.

Vince Young is not a good QB.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Trade for Flynn from the Packers
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You really seriously are saying Flynn after 1 game? If we went off of 1 game we might as well throw Rex Grossmen into this conversation -- We at best have a place holder on our roster and if we have any hope of restoring this franchise to good standings we would have to draft a new qb now or put all of a chips in on Nate Davis, as bad as thought sounds I kind of gagged when I wrote that.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sign Alex to a 10 year extension.

100 percent gauranteed!!
I knew after last nights game someone would say something about Matt Flynn being a niner. I just wish we kept a guy like McCarthy to develop a Qb picked in 08-09. But i would rather have a janitor in there while a new proven staff grooms our drafted QB next year. (given we even draft a prospect)
Originally posted by job2436:
You guys are obsessed with who will play QB, worry more about the O-line doing it's damn job, receivers catching passes and the OC calling better plays!!

It's not either/or, it's AND. We absolutely need to address the issues you pointed out AND we need to find a real QB.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
Trade for Flynn from the Packers

He looked good. Why can't we find a qb like him?
It's really possible they go with Smith and Smith for 1 more year. A rookie will take time to develop. Lets not make the same mistake we made the last time. This time give a rookie some time to learn the system and become comfortable with the speed of the game.

We need to go after Brady Quinn or Matt Flynn
Pat Delvin or Ponder in the second round.....first round should be a cornor or OLB/DE...we need help off the edge, we get troched when we send more than 4 but we can't get pressure with 4 because we don't have anybody other than LaBoy, I guess, that can get to the QB....screw it, go after McNabb if Washington is dumb enough to let him go, and let our second rounder sit back for a couple years and learn...
Make Alex our OC
  • obx49
  • Veteran
If we make the playoffs then trade our 21st pick of the first round and a third rounder for Kolb. Everyone knows that Andrew Luck won't be around when we pick at 7-15 and a trade up is almost impossible so If we don't make the playoffs, then draft Mallet or Cam Newton.
It's hard to say whether to draft a QB because we don't really know what we have in Davis, since Sing won't give him any playing time even in lost causes. And, I don't trust Sing's opinion anyway, so the fact he doesn't give the kid a chnace means nothing to me in assaying his potential. Howevr, a plausible scenario might be to sign a vet and draft a QB in the mid rounds to develop, IF, Davis is garbage, and keep Troy as a backup.
Share 49ersWebzone