There are 386 users in the forums

2011 solutions for our QB dilemna

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2011 solutions for our QB dilemna

None, we pick up a QB in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round and start him possibly by mid season point. I expect a crappy Free Agent pickup starting the first 8 weeks, or maybe Troy Smith with an offseason under his belt (and a wider playbook).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Make Alex our OC

Funny you should say that Brian John the U's QB during the last undefeated season when they beat Alabama didn't make it into the NFL and is now the Utes OC.....Maybe Alex should done that instead o:

Originally posted by obx49:
If we make the playoffs then trade our 21st pick of the first round and a third rounder for Kolb. Everyone knows that Andrew Luck won't be around when we pick at 7-15 and a trade up is almost impossible so If we don't make the playoffs, then draft Mallet or Cam Newton.

Go look at Kolb's numbers....in the 18 games he has appeared or started his numbers are incredibly similar to Alex's....Just because he had 2 back to back 300 yard games last year everyone loved him.....Hmmm Troy had back to back 300 yard games didn't he??? Seriously Kolb isn't that good, He just has the benefit of being in the same system for 2 full years before he saw meaningful action during his 3rd year. Throw him in a new system and one with OL that is still a work in progress??? He'd get destroyed.....Stop with the Kolb bandwagon.

If we don't get a shot at Mallett or Newton our next top 5 QBs become: Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Pat Devlin, Tyrod Taylor, and Andy Dalton with Jerrod John thrown in there for his size.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sign Alex to a 10 year extension.

I think we just found our new GM!
Blaine Gabbert
I think you get a FA QB--then draft one QB somewhere in the 3rd through 6th rounds every year until you finally get a good one---eventually you will---unless you have a terrible scouting team.
What FA QB would you like for us to acquire? McNab? Keep Troy Smith and draft Stanzi in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by backontop:
What FA QB would you like for us to acquire? McNab? Keep Troy Smith and draft Stanzi in the 2nd round.

Really I think Troy Smith + Alex Smith could be here again. Carr is not the answer. There are no elite guys on the FA market. A rookie will take time. And we don't want to ruin him this time. Whoever the rookie is.

not McNabb----he is finished!!!!

I don't know who.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Really I think Troy Smith + Alex Smith could be here again. Carr is not the answer. There are no elite guys on the FA market. A rookie will take time. And we don't want to ruin him this time. Whoever the rookie is.

Exactly! That is why I say keep Troy Smith and draft Stanzi. Alex won't want to stay, especially after being s**t on by this organization for so long. Only other options are to keep Troy Smith or David Carr. Sorry but no way in hell Carr stays.
Originally posted by tonebone33:
We need to go after Brady Quinn or Matt Flynn

Quinn sucks..
Flynn still relative unknown

Originally posted by WillisToHOF:

Quinn sucks..

Quinn never really got a chance in Cleveland. Also keep in mind it was Cleveland.

would $175 mil be enough for his services?
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:

Quinn sucks..

Quinn never really got a chance in Cleveland. Also keep in mind it was Cleveland.

Sad thing is, we aren't even as good as Cleveland. SF might be an even worse scenario for Quinn or any QB with the coaching(?) staff (or lack of) here.The Browns at least have hope now with a real coach. JMO
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

would $175 mil be enough for his services?

that may be a bit low of an offer.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Where is the combo vote for a veteran acquisition AND a draft pick?
Share 49ersWebzone