LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

What was your reaction Friday morning following Charger game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What was your reaction Friday morning following Charger game?

I'll be honest. I truly expected to fire up the Webzone Friday morning following our poor showing in San Diego and see that Singletary had been fired.

I liked Singletary as a player, I respect him as a man and I loved his speech he gave at our "State of the Franchise" extravaganza his first full season as coach. But it is quite obvious now that he is not the man for the job.

I wish him well and I wish Alex Smith well because I do not think they are bad people. Perhaps they will find moderate success somewhere else in the NFL and more importantly life.

But now is the time to cut our losses with both and move into a new era of 49er football.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nothing surprises me anymore.

-- Crabtree
Not surprised just because there is not anyone that would be an upgrade on the staff. Plus, I am sure the last thing Jed wants to do is have the interim win a few meaningless games and get the fans hopes up so he would be pressured into retaining them, like what happened with Singletary in the first place.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
"At this point in time maaaaaaan, nothing really surprises me, know what I'm sayin?" - Michael Crabtree
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Nothing surprises me anymore.

-- Crabtree

Pissed! Re-watching the game and realized that Vernon Davis had ZERO catches in the 1st half. I know teams game plan to stop players but you can run a bubble screen or put him the backfield to get him some touches.
Hung Over
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Not surprised just because there is not anyone that would be an upgrade on the staff. Plus, I am sure the last thing Jed wants to do is have the interim win a few meaningless games and get the fans hopes up so he would be pressured into retaining them, like what happened with Singletary in the first place.

Upgrade? Who said anything about an upgrade? ANYONE but Singletary, PLEASE. ANYONE would be an upgrade. Just because you think -- or Jedi thinks -- there's nobody better on the roster is NO EXCUSE to keep Dingleberry around.

He should have been canned weeks ago. Alex Smith should have been exiled to Siberia eons ago.

But -- instead -- we're force-fed crappy football -- week after week -- season after season.

Yet -- we still pony up to watch it.

We deserve this crap I suppose.
projectile vomiting

I wasn't shocked at all. Everyone knew we would lose. It's the last 2 games that really matter anyway. The Chargers are just a better team. We are...well...coached by Mike Singletary.

Makes you wonder what we'd be like had Norv Turner stayed since 2006. Fvcking guy ruined it for us LOL.
My reactions were.

1.Not surprised that Sing was still the coach. The Yorks want no part of this right now. Firing Sing means they have to have a press conference and maybe answer some questions. Oh no! As big of an idiot that I think Jerry Jones has been at times, I give him credit for stepping up and apologizing to the fans for f**king it up. But hey, to the Yorks this is still a playoff team.

2.Tired of watching this team to the point that I don't really even want them to make the playoffs anymore. That would just be an extra game to watch the mess they have become. I hate the Rams, but they deserve it more than the Niners
Not surprised, just disappointed... again.
I never expected us to beat the #2 offense and #1 defense in the league so... I was still mad
I spent way too much on tickets for that game...
Share 49ersWebzone