There are 199 users in the forums

This is how bad Niner football has become.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I planned my father son time for a few days. We barbequed, discussed how important the game was to the Niners, needing to beat a play off calibur team, and the need to win on the road. The need to have back to back wins towards the end of the season, etc. etc.

I arranged for my wife to go shopping with our daughter, so they would not interfere with our game watching. Before they left I witnessed the Niners scoring a field goal, taking the penalty for leverage (right call), watched them not go for the end zone passing, go for it on fourth and inches, and call a play that got stuffed 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Watched Brooks drop an interception that had TD written all over it. Watched the wrong Smith get ejected (Justin not Alex). At that point I actually chose to go shopping over watching the niners. I HATE shopping but I also HATE watching an undisciplined unprepared team.

I called my son in the 4th quarter praying that the Niners pulled ahead and my small act of not watching the game would be a regret, and he simply said, 31- zero you missed nothing. I hung up in disgust.

Thank you Yorks, Singletary and Alex Smith for wasting another NFL season.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I planned my father son time for a few days. We barbequed, discussed how important the game was to the Niners, needing to beat a play off calibur team, and the need to win on the road. The need to have back to back wins towards the end of the season, etc. etc.

I arranged for my wife to go shopping with our daughter, so they would not interfere with our game watching. Before they left I witnessed the Niners scoring a field goal, taking the penalty for leverage (right call), watched them not go for the end zone passing, go for it on fourth and inches, and call a play that got stuffed 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Watched Brooks drop an interception that had TD written all over it. Watched the wrong Smith get ejected (Justin not Alex). At that point I actually chose to go shopping over watching the niners. I HATE shopping but I also HATE watching an undisciplined unprepared team.

I called my son in the 4th quarter praying that the Niners pulled ahead and my small act of not watching the game would be a regret, and he simply said, 31- zero you missed nothing. I hung up in disgust.

How do you leave your son to barbecue and watch the blowout by himself!?
We barbequed before the game. We ate some awesome ribs in the first quarrter. After the Niners stunk it up, I felt sick to my stomach and could not watch another 3 quarters of crappy play.
I was going to say hahahaha.....

It's time to stop prioritizing the Niners and start enoying the holidays!!!!
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM ]
I broke the Cardinal rule in FF and started a player because of fan bias...Alex Smith. What a time to take a brain s**t in the 1st week of the playoffs. I should have picked up his cross bay rival Jason Campbell or stuck with Orton. Ugh.

My 4 best players have taken a nose dive.

Gore out of course
Orton and Lloyd have been rendered useless the past two weeks
Greg Jennings most likely without Rodgers this weekend.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I broke the Cardinal rule in FF and started a player because of fan bias...Alex Smith. What a time to take a brain s**t in the 1st week of the playoffs. I should have picked up his cross bay rival Jason Campbell or stuck with Orton. Ugh.

Gore out of course

Gore out of course

I can't believe you actually would start smith b/c you are a fan you should know the guy stinks.

Gore getting hurt killed my fantasy team too.
Originally posted by 9erred:

I feel the sentiment, heck i nearly gave up on this thing when we were 0-5 knowing that 0-5 teams never make the playoffs.... but this is premature. It's not over yet.

We need three things...

KC over StL
TB (at home) over SEA
win out (@ StL, home ARZ)

That's it and we're hosting a playoff game. Not saying to plan your playoff celebration yet, just saying to keep things in perspective. I expect TB to be favored over SEA and I wouldn't be shocked if we won out, a lot is riding on KC over St Louis.
Merry Christmas
i agree 100%

sorry your time with your son was a waste and sorry to see. i was at the game with my dad,uncle and grandpa and we left in the 3rd Q. its a pathetic team inside and out. we do have the talent but simpletary does not know how to run a football team. i truly thought he was the answer at HC..man was i wrong

oh well tell your son 2011 is our season, hopefully santa loves us enough to bring us a new HC :)

Gore out of course

I also suffer from Gorortonlloyd disease. But I won $650 in spite of that horrible performance last week!
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:

Gore out of course

I can't believe you actually would start smith b/c you are a fan you should know the guy stinks.

No one should start a QB from a team that has no wide receivers and is playing the league's best defense. Sorry but that is basic stuff.
I work as an estimator for a home improvement company, many time I end up at a clients house in the evenings. Last night I was called in to work with the owner of the company, trying to close a client and get the job started. I never miss my Niners, I was considering calling in sick, the stomach flu had just wiped out half the office recently, I go with that, but that's not my style tempted as I was to watch the game.

I sat in my truck listening to the first few drives on the radio. I had to go about the time Justin Smith got ejected, I knew witch Niner team had showed up last night, it was the undisciplined unprepared under achievers! As I got out of the truck and went to close the deal, I knew I had made the right choice. I unlike my Niners had everything ready, had my game face on and left that house with a contract.

I got home after eleven o'clock last night, I had not heard the final score. I booted up my computer and headed for the "zone, as I was doing this, I was working out possible final scores in my head, based on our generally poor performance when they show up unprepared, I guessed we got blown out 34-3.

This team is predictably bad, you can tell in the first few minutes, how badly Singletary has prepared them with startling accuracy.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, all I want for Christmas in Singletary the f**k out of town!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Gore out of course

My first 3 picks: Gore (did really well but now out) Ryan Grant (put on IR week 1) and DeAngelo Williams (hugely underperformed and then injured). I hate fantasy football.
I turned it over to watch Christmas programming...I HATE Christmas programming!!

I don't want to defend Johnson on here but we've not faced a defense like we did Thursday all year!

They're not the #1 rank defensive team for nothing and they've been shutting down top WR's all year!! Playing against Seattle's 30th ranked pass def. just gave us a false sense of security. To play QB in this league you need to be somewhat fearless to throw the ball and make plays. Alex is too cautious to make plays out of nothing and will never get the next level.

We have to take our lumps Niner fans' because MJ is a rookie OC and Singletary is a village idiot who has zero knowledge of the game outside of his run it up the middle mantra.
Share 49ersWebzone