Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 522 users in the forums

Singletary: "We deserve to go to the playoffs"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by true49erfan:
Originally posted by deminutah:
Unf&cking Believable I guess he won't STFU until he is fired, which will hopefully be in the presser after the game January 2nd

I hope you eat those words when our 7-9 team is hosting a playoff game. Where is our faithful?

Im with you man!!!
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,699
fire this f**king guy!!
the only thing this team deserves is to be rebuilt. Starting with you, Singletary.
Originally posted by BenQ:
fire this f**king guy!!

FIRE these FANatics!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by NTeply49:
He should have said if we win our next two games and the division we deserve to go to the playoffs

I agree, say it once we make the playoffs, not after getting blown out.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?


Most definitely his exact words, and immediately it hit me, like what is he talking about...

That's about as smart as his playcalling
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Dec 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Sounds like nobody here actually heard the press conf. He was asked directly if the team makes it into the playoffs with a 7-9 record if they deserve to go. Do you really expect him to say, "No. If we make it at 7-9, we will respectfully decline to enter the playoffs"? C'mon man!


EXACTLY!! what a bunch of pusses on here talkin sh**
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?

So we deserve to go not because we actually have demonstrated we are one of the best teams in the NFC, but because our division is that bad? Gee whiz. Fire him now already.

I can't believe we haven't fired him yet.
This team doesn't deserve anything...they stumbled and bumbled their way in SD to a resounding loss. I wouldn't bet on a win in St. Louis, either. The Rams actually have something to play for...if they beat us and Seattle, they're the division champs. This team needs a real GM, real head coach, a real secondary, real DL, real QB, receivers who'll find ways to get open, etc. etc. Much work to be done...
"We deserve a new coach!"
--ME

EDIT: I understand we can't fire him. We can not get rid of him untill we have a suitable replacement. A new interm coach will not do. Until we have an immediate replacement there is no logical reason to fire him. No coach will take the reigns of this team in this current state, sure after the season maybe. I want a new coach and we need a new one. We also need a stable front office. Jed needs to give the coach whomever it is the keys to the city or hire a experianced GM. All of this needs to be addressed and acted upon immediately after the season and before the stalemate of a possible holdout.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Dec 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,454
I think "we" the fans deserve the playoffs

I think "we" the players deserve the playoffs

"We" the coaches and management/ownership can go f*ck themselves. Complete idiocy
NO!!! what you deserve is a 1 way ticket out of Frisco you dumb f*ck!!!!


Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Sounds like nobody here actually heard the press conf. He was asked directly if the team makes it into the playoffs with a 7-9 record if they deserve to go. Do you really expect him to say, "No. If we make it at 7-9, we will respectfully decline to enter the playoffs"? C'mon man!


EXACTLY!! what a bunch of pusses on here talkin sh**

thanks for the context.

-9fA
Originally posted by true49erfan:
Originally posted by deminutah:
Unf&cking Believable I guess he won't STFU until he is fired, which will hopefully be in the presser after the game January 2nd

I hope you eat those words when our 7-9 team is hosting a playoff game. Where is our faithful?

Uh.....ok.....
Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by true49erfan:
Originally posted by deminutah:
Unf&cking Believable I guess he won't STFU until he is fired, which will hopefully be in the presser after the game January 2nd

I hope you eat those words when our 7-9 team is hosting a playoff game. Where is our faithful?

Im with you man!!!
I am faithful and believe Singletary needs to go. Our players can only do so much. I want to believe. I really do. I lost sleep this week heading into this game. When a team can not play on the road and can not beat a team with a winning record, it indicates we either don't have the players to get the job done or our coachs are not competent. I don't blaim Singletary for his failures. I blaim the Yorks for permentantly promoting him in the first place. I actually like Singletary. I don't like the incompetance he displays week in and week out in this league.
The messed up part is, as much as I want him do go, I am rooting for him to finish strong and take us to the playoffs. I will never root for my team to lose. I will never root against our players. I will root for change. I will root for a new coach. I will root for a playoff push.
On that note I hope we destroy our division in our unorthadox exedos in this conclusion of our season. I will rock my 49ers gear until the end. Go 49ers SHOCK the world!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone