There are 289 users in the forums

Singletary: "We deserve to go to the playoffs"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM ]
This piece of s**t needs to shut his f**king mouth. He is an absolute failure of a coach
we would be fortunate to go to the playoffs at 7-9... but I agree we deserve to go as NFC West Champs IF we finish in 1st place... you have to add though that it's very lucky to go with that record this would be like the one year ever where it would be possible.
I agree! we deserve to be the best team of the worst devision in NFL history! We are the best of the worst! Wait....... We lost to the panthers..... Nevermind
It's just mind boggling how poor we play on the road and how many "ups and downs" we have. That shows that this team is not prepared which I believe falls on the coaching staff.

I want the playoffs just as much as the next fan but man, it hurts to see other teams doing more with less (Rams, Chiefs, Seahawks, BROWNS, Raiders)
I want a new coach.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
This piece of s**t needs to shut his f**king mouth. He is an absolute failure of a coach
What a joke this guy has become
  • ZRF80
Remember when I posted this......

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133093&highlight=zrf

I got bashed for being a "hater", "troll", etc.

The point of that thread was that great motivators dont make good coaches. Although Shanahan isnt lighting it up in Washington, he has a track record of getting thinggs straight. Even if we were in the same situation with him as we are now win Sing, we wouldnt be asking to blow up the entire team because Shanahan has shown he can turn things around.

I pray that Gruden comes to us with the mentality that we are the most playoff ready team out there (in terms of talent).
Originally posted by ZRF80:

The point of that thread was that great motivators dont make good coaches. Although Shanahan isnt lighting it up in Washington, he has a track record of getting thinggs straight. Even if we were in the same situation with him as we are now win Sing, we wouldnt be asking to blow up the entire team because Shanahan has shown he can turn things around.

I pray that Gruden comes to us with the mentality that we are the most playoff ready team out there (in terms of talent).

i think great motivators can be great head coaches... but it only works if you have outstanding x's and o's guys on your staff as well.... a personnel man (GM) would help too... Sing really has no one to blame but himself as he booted Martz (a top offensive mind) for Jimmy Raye.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

i think great motivators can be great head coaches... but it only works if you have outstanding x's and o's guys on your staff as well.... a personnel man (GM) would help too... Sing really has no one to blame but himself as he booted Martz (a top offensive mind) for Jimmy Raye.

What you say is true, only if that motivator acknowledges that his abilities are limited and that he will need others to help him out. You're spot on with the Martz thing. Sing wanted to mold the team in his own image, without acknowledging that he had no idea about the x's and o's of the game. End result: 2010 Niners.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Don't get me wrong, he IS a complete failure of a coach, but cmon guys. Seems like some of you want it both ways.

Were he to say that "Well, we suck so we might as well pack it in, and get ready for next year" you'd all be complaining about how you want a coach with a never-say-die attitude and he's weak for wimping out.

While we are woefully pathetic as a team, we ARE still very much alive for playoffs. So I can't say that I blame him for talking about it.

I mean....what do you expect? Really?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?

So we deserve to go not because we actually have demonstrated we are one of the best teams in the NFC, but because our division is that bad? Gee whiz. Fire him now already.
Share 49ersWebzone