There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

• dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximill15:
he does have more drops than I like to see. The last one was on alex, that thing had too much on it. But VD has just as many drops it seems. It's hard to evaluate a player who never seems to be targeted. He looked pretty good when troy was throwing him the ball. Maybe alex isn't comfortable with him?
QB timing with certain players is a fact of life. As to Crabtree catching the ball when it comes at him with high velocity; this is the "big leagues" kid. Go watch some old film of the Broncos when they had a guy named Elway throwing the ball. If you are going to play in this league, you have to catch that ball. The QB isn't going to put it on a shelf for you every time. It is the receivers job to hold the ball when it hits you in the hands.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 13, 2010 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by kdogg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I think alex wasnt targeting him at all though

Crabtree made some plays when BlackSmith was at qb

However, Vernon davis wasnt.

Its a matter of who the QB is comfortable with. Remember this was alex's first game back.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301212025

5 targets with at least 3 drops.

He's overrated until he stops dropping balls. Ginn has better hands.

Ginns new name is FOOTSTEPS. Him and Crabtree both need to get over this fear of their's. If they do our passing game will get nasty. There was several third down plays both of them dropped balls.
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:

Its a matter of who the QB is comfortable with. Remember this was alex's first game back.

Ginns new name is FOOTSTEPS. Him and Crabtree both need to get over this fear of their's. If they do our passing game will get nasty. There was several third down plays both of them dropped balls.
Kyle williams the rookie (ithink) has caught everything thrown to him, and he has some speed. Keep ginn on special teams, let williams run deep.
He sure isn't anywhere near Maclin, Nicks, and Brit who were all drafted after him. They are all bigger, faster, stronger, and run better routes. They also play with better qb's but they appear to work harder and games have improved. Crabtree still making the same dumb mistakes. i like Crabtree but he doesn't appear to have true number 1 elite potential. dude just looks so undisciplined on his routes and drops some easy balls. i understand the qb position has trouble, but you have to make a play to bail him out. And please stop even trying to use Ted Ginn as a Wr.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
I really think crabs is one of the guys who has given up on this coaching staff.

I can actually see that as a possibility.

I think it's very obvious. He is a Diva.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Kyle williams the rookie (ithink) has caught everything thrown to him, and he has some speed. Keep ginn on special teams, let williams run deep.

when has williams played?

I'm really starting to wonder about this kid.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

when has williams played?

lol nm i thought he had like 2-3 receptions.. he is listed as only making one reception.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
Absolutely. Would of had a legit #1 if had we drafted DeSean Jackson instead of Richal. DeSean and VD on the same field ....

who would have gotten him the ball?

No Rodgers, McNabb, or Vick.

No I'd rather take Jackson for 4 years, $3,058,000 versus his 32 million with a 16 million in guaranteed, regardless of who is throwing him the ball. Jackson didn't wait until week 5 of his rookie season to show up, nor was he called by a team mate for taking it easy in practice and dodging preseason games. That's not exactly helping your QB is it? He doesn't have the greatest hands-doesn't have the speed to stretch the field-doesn't have the speed after the catch or the ability to shed tackles-his work ethic has already been questioned. Sure Smith is neither Vick or Rodgers but through hard work you can have some success and build chemistry, just ask VD.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
I really think crabs is one of the guys who has given up on this coaching staff.

I can actually see that as a possibility.

I think it's very obvious. He is a Diva.

Desean Jackson is a diva. Crabtree is quite mature the way he's handled himself.
Crabtree to me looks like a lazy player, Im not sure he has the work ethic to be great.
In all honesty, I felt most of the throws from Alex were off target to him... although there were a few catchable balls.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Dec 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
In all honesty, I felt most of the throws from Alex were off target to him... although there were a few catchable balls.

agreed! He should of caught a couple of them! but high and hard is tough. he's not having a heyward-bey bad type of season
One thing is clear Crabs is better with Troy and VD is better with Alex.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Yeah, strictly speaking of yesterday, throws to Crabtree could have been better. There was one that was a 'do over' play that Smith was a bit off to Crabtree but later went to Morgan that went for a TD. A quick out.