There are 221 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

He reminds me of keyshawn Johnson. Not gonna take over the game like Jerry but when hes hot he's on. When Alex is in he's looking for Vernon primarily then Morgan. I don't think crabtree and Alex click. Troy looks for recievers first that didn't sit well with Vernon. That's why he started his tirade last week. I want to see everybody rolling on all cylinders but I feel like there is a clash with all this raw talent.
Flat out impossible to answer this question til we get a QB worth his weight in s***.

Which, we currently, do not have.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jreff22:
so far he's not living up to the big expectations

thanks to a guy named Alex

ball thrown and hits his hands and he drops it.........QB's fault all the way

I see this whole Crabtree thing being Vernon Davis all over again. Unless he's targeted more often, he aint gonna be doin much. Davis' first two years were pretty underwhelming, mainly because we didn't know how to utilize him. Now that Davis has become our main threat, we gotta figure out how to get our WR's utilized, Crabtree especially. Sure he's had the case of the dropsies, but seriously who hasn't. Anyways, the main problem is the offensive philosophy which, hopefully, will be changed next year.
He had 40 tds in 2 years of college we have had qb issues all year thats the reason crabtree production is down Vernon Davis Lead nfl in tds last year not this year I guess he is over rated too stupid thread Crabtree is a playmaker period we need more like him
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i wonder who's turn it is to be roasted next week

HAHAHAHAHA......CRABS ROESTED.....HAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by samoan49er:

I see this whole Crabtree thing being Vernon Davis all over again. Unless he's targeted more often, he aint gonna be doin much. Davis' first two years were pretty underwhelming, mainly because we didn't know how to utilize him. Now that Davis has become our main threat, we gotta figure out how to get our WR's utilized, Crabtree especially. Sure he's had the case of the dropsies, but seriously who hasn't. Anyways, the main problem is the offensive philosophy which, hopefully, will be changed next year.

He has been targeted a good amount of times, he is the #1 WR on the depth chart. He is being paid to preform at a high level and he has not been doing that. Crabs was looked at for having very good hands coming out of TT, he looks like he has regressed.

He has been targeted a good amount of times, he is the #1 WR on the depth chart. He is being paid to preform at a high level and he has not been doing that. Crabs was looked at for having very good hands coming out of TT, he looks like he has regressed.

Sure he's the #1 receiver on the depth chart, that still doesn't mean he's getting alot of passes. Also, do you even take into account where he was targeted and the pass was off? I know he's dropped more than a few, I just think it is way too soon for people to give up on him. Yes, this season is a bit of a disappointment.....but so is this whole season for the entire team. Well I guess he brought the criticism on himself with the holdout and everything, I still have high hopes for him and have no doubt that with a change in philosophy, Crabtree along with the whole offense will break out next season. For crying out loud, the whole league knows the kind of talent we have on offense.....with the exception of Singletary.
Only if you think of him as a "elite" wide out. If you think of him as an better than average NFL receiver, then no.

hell yeah

Block 9 out of every 10 offensive plays

then when you get the ball thrown your way, its never really accurate.

• dj43
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
He had 40 tds in 2 years of college we have had qb issues all year thats the reason crabtree production is down Vernon Davis Lead nfl in tds last year not this year I guess he is over rated too stupid thread Crabtree is a playmaker period we need more like him

Your stuff would be a lot easier to read, and more likely to be taken seriously if you would punctuate it.
  • dj43

I went back and looked at two of his drops yesterday and in both cases it was apparent he had not looked back in time to get ready to catch the ball. His hands are fine. He just isn't playing as fast as he needs to in this league. He had the same problem last year. It looks like he is playing at one speed and the rest of the game is being played at a faster speed.

This is a problem that Vernon Davis still has on occasion, hence it may be partially a coaching issue.
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
I'm not asking for Pro Bowl stats. I'm just asking him to catch balls that hit his hands.
he does have more drops than I like to see. The last one was on alex, that thing had too much on it. But VD has just as many drops it seems. It's hard to evaluate a player who never seems to be targeted. He looked pretty good when troy was throwing him the ball. Maybe alex isn't comfortable with him?
Originally posted by maximill15:
he does have more drops than I like to see. The last one was on alex, that thing had too much on it. But VD has just as many drops it seems. It's hard to evaluate a player who never seems to be targeted. He looked pretty good when troy was throwing him the ball. Maybe alex isn't comfortable with him?

VD makes more big catches, and gets himself open in more key situations. Crabs only seems to get open when the defense is playing off of him.

no speed, no separation, suspect hands, and his route running is getting sloppy.
Share 49ersWebzone