Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by craigyboy:
Originally posted by backontop:
He will be fine once we get a legit qb and coaching

you meant to write once the oline provides time for the QB to throw to him right? Also when the ball is thrown to him he has to catch it!!!

Sure that too, even with time the coaching, and qb suck.

wanna bet if he'd went to another team with an establish system he'd be killin it? if we can continue like today for the most...he'll come along.

If he was on an established team he would be up there in drops, yards, and receptions. He would be among the top WRs.

Catching the ball when it hits you in the hands would go a long way to making this team an established team.

Just sayin...

~Ceadder
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jreff22:
so far he's not living up to the big expectations

thanks to a guy named Alex

so it is Alex Smith's fault that he can't catch? Especially since the rest of the receivers are not having the same issue.

yes it is, he's not acurate

a 130 QB rating= not accurate?

qb rating doesnt mean alex is accurate or any other qb for that matter.

63% completion rate might be more telling.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I really think crabs is one of the guys who has given up on this coaching staff.
Originally posted by susweel:
I really think crabs is one of the guys who has given up on this coaching staff.

I can actually see that as a possibility.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Absolutely. Would of had a legit #1 if had we drafted DeSean Jackson instead of Richal. DeSean and VD on the same field ....
Originally posted by susweel:

I can actually see that as a possibility.

i wouldn't doubt it.
Originally posted by Apone:
Absolutely. Would of had a legit #1 if had we drafted DeSean Jackson instead of Richal. DeSean and VD on the same field ....

who would have gotten him the ball?

No Rodgers, McNabb, or Vick.
When u compare him to: Nicks, Britt and Bryant he is without a doubt overrated....but he can still be a good WR...just not a gamebreaker. He reminds me of JJ Stokes and Dez Bryant reminds me of TO...lol
  • hb123
  • Veteran
i will state the obvious, he's been sucking lately!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Just doesnt get enough looks. PERIOD. When he did get targeted often he went over 100 yards and Troy looked his way he scored TD.

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Would you consider Fitzgerald over rated? He surely is not having a good season. The QB has a lot to do with the success of the WR's which we have lacked for years.

Andrew Luck 2011!

People still believe in this dream. Wow. We now have not 1 win, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 wins. We are so far out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes I don't even know what to say. I'm astonished some people still hold onto this dream.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Would you consider Fitzgerald over rated? He surely is not having a good season. The QB has a lot to do with the success of the WR's which we have lacked for years.

Andrew Luck 2011!

People still believe in this dream. Wow. We now have not 1 win, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 wins. We are so far out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes I don't even know what to say. I'm astonished some people still hold onto this dream.

Why are you so surprised? These are the same people that are holding on to the dream that Gruden will be the savior of the franchise.

Andrew Luck 2011!

THIS! Andrew Luck will not be a 49er next year. All of the "Pro-Clausen" fans might have a chance because IF Luck is available when Carolina is on the clock, which being they suck so bad he should be, they will take him and trade Clausen for multiple picks with a 2nd rounder being the highest.

Am I saying I want Clausen? No I'm not but I am saying we have a better shot at getting HIM than we do drafting or trading up to get Andrew Luck. We have 5 wins people and we will destory Arizona in week 17 so regardless of what happens with SD and STL, we will end up with AT LEAST 6 wins which will put us WELL out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes unless we trade our whole draft and a new head coach, unless his name is Josh Mcdaniels or Mike Ditka , will not be stupid enough to do that
Originally posted by Axl49:
Just doesnt get enough looks. PERIOD. When he did get targeted often he went over 100 yards and Troy looked his way he scored TD.

Dude Tree scored more catching Passes from ALEX last season. Even dropped a few too.

Man people have short memories sometimes.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Sims84:

Andrew Luck 2011!

THIS! Andrew Luck will not be a 49er next year. All of the "Pro-Clausen" fans might have a chance because IF Luck is available when Carolina is on the clock, which being they suck so bad he should be, they will take him and trade Clausen for multiple picks with a 2nd rounder being the highest.

Am I saying I want Clausen? No I'm not but I am saying we have a better shot at getting HIM than we do drafting or trading up to get Andrew Luck. We have 5 wins people and we will destory Arizona in week 17 so regardless of what happens with SD and STL, we will end up with AT LEAST 6 wins which will put us WELL out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes unless we trade our whole draft and a new head coach, unless his name is Josh Mcdaniels or Mike Ditka , will not be stupid enough to do that

Welcome to the Zone. You have a lot to learn when speaking the truth. The dissenters can only handle so much of it in one bite or the natives go restless and start looking to scalp someone.

Then on top of that if you make TOO MUCH sense, then your knowledge will be called into question.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone