There are 155 users in the forums

What offense would best suit our current player personell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've finally figured it out

We need our QBs to wear headbands

Like POW-MIA

PLUTO

Alex can wear one that says:

WONDERLIC

Troy can wear one that says:

HEISMAN
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I've finally figured it out

We need our QBs to wear headbands

Like POW-MIA

PLUTO

Alex can wear one that says:

WONDERLIC

Troy can wear one that says:

HEISMAN

Nice.

~Ceadder
Obviously everyone is going to use this thread to bash our players and coaches like every other thread (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but IF we had to choose something based on our current personnel?

Spread shotgun with one-back. That is the only formation Smith has ever excelled in and its time we actually designed an offense around him rather than build around Sing.

We have the receivers to go spread, ginn as deep threat, Crabs as slot, Davis anywhere and Delanie/Morgan also. This way we can setup Gore through the pass rather than setting up nothing through the run (aka our current situation).

In fact I would go as far as going no-huddle. Smith has shown an ability to lead no-huddle offenses and we need every advantage we can get with him.

(btw, thinking of a sing team running a no-huddle spread offense either makes you laugh from the absurdity or makes you a bit)
  • dmax
  • Veteran
any kind of offense
the kind where the QB is the most important player
Whatever we ran tonight.
I would love for us to run the hybrid West Coast that the Eagles run but since the McNolan era drafted for the big instead of the fast WRs we are kinda stuck with the digit for now
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by GORO:
We just need a Head Coach that has a reputation for developing Qb's. Having two defensive coaches as our head coaches has not gotten the 49ers to the play offs.

You what's really funny?

We hired 2 defensive minded head coaches to develop a project 20 year old QB from a gimmick offense. If that didnt pan out at least we'd have a "stud" defense.

You what's funnier than that?

The project failed and our defense doesn't suck as bad.

I hope we NEVER hire another defensive minded HC unless we have an offensive coordinator like Tom Moore or (can't remember the name) the Saints OC.

offensive minded head coaches win Super Bowls and defensive minded head coaches win if they have smart quarterbacks---like Brady and Manning
Share 49ersWebzone