LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Did Vernon's post-TD tirade spark change at QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that's something to look at.

if u watch VD's interviews on csnbayarea.com u can tell the one thing he is most frustrated with is the play calling...he's been barking for a few weeks now about how the coaches need to open up the playbook...the only way for them to really open things up, utilizing the entire playbook, is to start a QB who knows the entire playbook...so i would say VD's tirade indirectly had an effect on the decision to go with alex
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

hahahah....this is awesome
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
I agree Vernon Davis has not been getting ball enough he is clearly our best playmaker. Vernon Davis and Alex Smith have a chemistry for example last year VD lead nfl in td receptions because Alex throw to VD alot especially deep seams route that they have perfected to the tune of 3 tds vs texans last year in the 2nd half. I been wanting Alex back under center ever since we were shutout at home by bucs say what u want about Alex we have never been beaten at home that bad on his watch. I still remember the saints game when alex took us right down the field for what should have been game winning td with under 2 minutes in the game vs world champion saints. As usual our defense blew the lead but i still thought Alex took a step that game toward being a good QB. Vernon Davis has always been big Alex Smith supporter and with his knowledge of the playbook he gives us best chance to win out and win division & make the playoffs. Another thing troy smith did was take too many damn sacks he had his chance lets see what Alex can do last 4 games win and your in playoffs

That wasn't the game winning TD. That TD + 2 Point conversion TIED that game at 22 with over a minute left. He made some outstanding plays on that drive but once we scored as fast as we did, I knew the saints would only have to go about 45 yards (assuming they would start at the 20 which of course they didn't, they had GREAT field position if IIRC) with a minute and 2 timeouts left to get into field goal range.
SO WTF HAPPENED ?!!!

i think Singletary knows he cant afford to lose one more game, and Smith has always done well against the Seahawks.

at this point it doesnt really matter. Sing is gone after this season, along with the entire coaching staff, and probably most of the entire front office. good riddance.

im just sick of rebuilding. how many tries does it take to get back on track? this will be our 4th rebuilding effort in the last 9 years.

what im afraid of is the ownership is the direct cause of the problems, and were going to suck until they sell the team.
Originally posted by Niners99:
i think Singletary knows he cant afford to lose one more game, and Smith has always done well against the Seahawks.

at this point it doesnt really matter. Sing is gone after this season, along with the entire coaching staff, and probably most of the entire front office. good riddance.

im just sick of rebuilding. how many tries does it take to get back on track? this will be our 4th rebuilding effort in the last 9 years.

what im afraid of is the ownership is the direct cause of the problems, and were going to suck until they sell the team.

winner winner chicken dinner!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
SO WTF HAPPENED ?!!!

Originally posted by darkknight49:
damn, we need a 3 headed monster at QB to succeed:

Alex Smith in the RZ
Troy Smith for the deep pass
David Carr for.....uh....waterboy?

Combine the great mind, with nimble feet and a noodle arm you suddenly have Shaun Hill. I should would of liked having him as the 3rd stringer instead of No Drive Carr.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Singletary is finally looking at the film.

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I think the change comes down to redzone efficiency and Alex Smith was one of the best in the Red Zone before his injury.

Everyone saw the over throw to VD in the Zona game by Troy Smith and even thou that didn't hurt them, it did in the Green Bay game.

Last year Alex made a game of it losing 28-24 in Green Bay.

Cool... We'll just lose by 4 instead of 18 and that makes it all better.
Alex also led the league in turnovers over the 1st 5 weeks if I'm not mistaken.
Originally posted by Farook21:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I was wondering what was going on after the TD. Anyone know what exactly that was all about??

Why did you post this? Vernon was punkin the sh*t out of matthews before one of the drives. Matthews didn't want any part of it.

Anthony Davis was too. Matthews didnt have a very good game apparently.
Vernon has a lot influence within the organization now. Read my post here-

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147196&page=78

It's like he knows Singletary is a lame duck coach
SO WTF HAPPENED ?!!!

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I think the change comes down to redzone efficiency and Alex Smith was one of the best in the Red Zone before his injury.

Everyone saw the over throw to VD in the Zona game by Troy Smith and even thou that didn't hurt them, it did in the Green Bay game.

Last year Alex made a game of it losing 28-24 in Green Bay.

I love the revisionists.

Alex Smith was HORRIBLE in that game. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Like any misleading score -- it does not show that the game was essentially over by halftime. Alex underthrew and overthrew his receivers during the first half -- or took costly sacks.

Then -- in the 4th quarter -- when it appeared the Niners might make a comeback -- he killed us with his traditional interception.

The Niners then went on to score a couple of late TD's in garbage time to make it appear close.

The Pack was up 23-3 at halftime. We were sucking wind. We were never in that game -- thanks to Alex Smith.

Check it for yourself...

I remember that game. He played like crap and got a good play by Josh Morgan to set up one TD and a long run by gore to set up the another one.

Then, in the4th quarter, we have hope....and he throws a pick out of his own endzone. GB subsequently scores....sad
Share 49ersWebzone