Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I think the change comes down to redzone efficiency and Alex Smith was one of the best in the Red Zone before his injury.
Everyone saw the over throw to VD in the Zona game by Troy Smith and even thou that didn't hurt them, it did in the Green Bay game.
Last year Alex made a game of it losing 28-24 in Green Bay.
I love the revisionists.
Alex Smith was HORRIBLE in that game. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
Like any misleading score -- it does not show that the game was essentially over by halftime. Alex underthrew and overthrew his receivers during the first half -- or took costly sacks.
Then -- in the 4th quarter -- when it appeared the Niners might make a comeback -- he killed us with his traditional interception.
The Niners then went on to score a couple of late TD's in garbage time to make it appear close.
The Pack was up 23-3 at halftime. We were sucking wind. We were never in that game -- thanks to Alex Smith.
Check it for yourself...